[1.4] Star Wars - A RimWorld Series (10/24/2022)

Started by jecrell, April 09, 2017, 07:20:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jecrell

Quote from: SNKcell on June 04, 2017, 01:56:53 AM
Hello all, great mod

I am still getting the error to generate a new world, even with the new JectTools update

Any news on that?

Could be tons of issues.

First, are you running A17b, the hotfix that just came out today for RimWorld?
Second, are you using a downloaded release of the mod or the Steam release?
Third, are you keeping JecsTools in a proper mod load order?
HugsLib
JecsTools
Other mods
Fourth, do you have an output_log.txt? If you do, I don't need to guess. I can tell you your problem.
...Psst. Still there? If you'd like to support
me and my works, do check out my Patreon.
Someday, I could work for RimWorld full time!

https://www.patreon.com/jecrell

Umbreon117

Um...Jedi Master/Knight/Padawan/whatever-you-are Jecrell? I has Problem...Okay I am breathless trying to say that ten times fast.

Anyway, I have HigsLib, JecsTools, Factions, Lightsabers, and Force mods activated in the order I listed them in. Every time i try to generate a map, I get this error message:

Exception from asynchronous event: System.TypeInitializationException: An exception was thrown by the type initializer for CompVehicle.HarmonyCompVehicle ---> System.ArgumentNullException: Argument cannot be null.
Parameter name: key
  at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[System.Reflection.MethodBase,System.Byte[]].TryGetValue (System.Reflection.MethodBase key, System.Byte[]& value) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Harmony.GeneralExtensions.GetValueSafe[MethodBase,Byte[]] (System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2 dictionary, System.Reflection.MethodBase key) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Harmony.HarmonySharedState.GetPatchInfo (System.Reflection.MethodBase method) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Harmony.PatchProcessor.Patch () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Harmony.HarmonyInstance.Patch (System.Reflection.MethodBase original, Harmony.HarmonyMethod prefix, Harmony.HarmonyMethod postfix, Harmony.HarmonyMethod transpiler) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at CompVehicle.HarmonyCompVehicle..cctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers:RunClassConstructor (intptr)
  at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.RunClassConstructor (RuntimeTypeHandle type) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.StaticConstructorOnStartupUtility.CallAll () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.PlayDataLoader.<DoPlayLoad>m__814 () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.LongEventHandler.ExecuteToExecuteWhenFinished () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.LongEventHandler:RunEventFromAnotherThread(Action)
Verse.LongEventHandler:<UpdateCurrentAsynchronousEvent>m__851()

Am I doing something wrong? I have absolutely no concept on modding, and I only have those mods on (Had one more, but took it off to try and figure out what was happening). If you need more info, just tell me what you need and I will try to get it.

Edit: Oh By the way, I only used the scenario "Crashland". I did nothing to change it.
I'll shoot your colonists...After a long nap.

Canute

Do you use the latest Rimworld build (there was an update to 17b) and do you got the latest version of the mods ?

Umbreon117

I don't have 17B, though I have the latest version of the mods. Do I need 17b's update?

Umbreon117

Quote from: Canute on June 04, 2017, 10:47:23 AM
Do you use the latest Rimworld build (there was an update to 17b) and do you got the latest version of the mods ?
Well first off: Sorry for not quoting your post in my previous post. Still learning how the forum here works.

Second: Thanks for the help. Turned out I needed the pre-A17B uploads. When I grabbed the mods, I didn't look to see which versions they were.  :P

In other words, I have the problem fixed. Thanks again!

pktongrimworld

latest build (17b) updated Jercel tools, The force mod crashs mod load.

S1lverw0lf

XenGrimm

It looks like one of your mods isn't updated Silverwolf.

I had the same error message earlier today because one of my packages wasn't updated to some changes jecrell made last night.

linkrag

Quote from: Umbreon117 on June 04, 2017, 10:26:25 AM
Um...Jedi Master/Knight/Padawan/whatever-you-are Jecrell? I has Problem...Okay I am breathless trying to say that ten times fast.

Anyway, I have HigsLib, JecsTools, Factions, Lightsabers, and Force mods activated in the order I listed them in. Every time i try to generate a map, I get this error message:

Exception from asynchronous event: System.TypeInitializationException: An exception was thrown by the type initializer for CompVehicle.HarmonyCompVehicle ---> System.ArgumentNullException: Argument cannot be null.
Parameter name: key
  at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[System.Reflection.MethodBase,System.Byte[]].TryGetValue (System.Reflection.MethodBase key, System.Byte[]& value) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Harmony.GeneralExtensions.GetValueSafe[MethodBase,Byte[]] (System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2 dictionary, System.Reflection.MethodBase key) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Harmony.HarmonySharedState.GetPatchInfo (System.Reflection.MethodBase method) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Harmony.PatchProcessor.Patch () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Harmony.HarmonyInstance.Patch (System.Reflection.MethodBase original, Harmony.HarmonyMethod prefix, Harmony.HarmonyMethod postfix, Harmony.HarmonyMethod transpiler) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at CompVehicle.HarmonyCompVehicle..cctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers:RunClassConstructor (intptr)
  at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.RunClassConstructor (RuntimeTypeHandle type) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.StaticConstructorOnStartupUtility.CallAll () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.PlayDataLoader.<DoPlayLoad>m__814 () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.LongEventHandler.ExecuteToExecuteWhenFinished () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.LongEventHandler:RunEventFromAnotherThread(Action)
Verse.LongEventHandler:<UpdateCurrentAsynchronousEvent>m__851()

Am I doing something wrong? I have absolutely no concept on modding, and I only have those mods on (Had one more, but took it off to try and figure out what was happening). If you need more info, just tell me what you need and I will try to get it.

Edit: Oh By the way, I only used the scenario "Crashland". I did nothing to change it.

Same here..

@edit worked fine after game update...

Thanks!

S1lverw0lf

didnt work for me though(

UPD: The main dl link is not up to date.
UPD2: worldgen crashes when creating a new world. No other mods except hugslib/prepare/jeckstools are not turned
https://gist.github.com/5ddefa8c4a8a1e36f014f0cc054bfe35

jecrell

Quote from: S1lverw0lf on June 05, 2017, 02:54:45 PM
didnt work for me though(

UPD: The main dl link is not up to date.
UPD2: worldgen crashes when creating a new world. No other mods except hugslib/prepare/jeckstools are not turned
https://gist.github.com/5ddefa8c4a8a1e36f014f0cc054bfe35

I have to sleep. I'll get back to you tomorrow. Perhaps you could clean up your output log and give me something a bit cleaner? That thing is one of the largest I've ever seen. To clean it up, simply delete the file and then immediately try to get the error you mentioned about world generation issues. Thanks!

jecrell

Pushed some updates for The Force and JecTools.

[2:49 AM] Jecrell: (A17) (#JecsTools) Resolved duplicate power issue.(edited)
[2:49 AM] Jecrell: (A17) (#TheForce) Resolved issues with powers not saving their cooldowns.
[3:19 AM] Jecrell: (A17) (#TheForce) Fixed issues with ForceChoke and ForceLightning not properly throwing burst shots.
[3:58 AM] Jecrell: (A17) (#TheForce) Adjusted Choke damages and hediffs. Pawns should now be downed for a short amount of time (suffocating) and then stand up again (coughing)
[4:12 AM] Jecrell: (A17) (#TheForce) Mechanoids no longer are chokable ((I mean, what if it's a car guys....))

khearn

Quote from: jecrell on June 05, 2017, 03:29:37 PM
[4:12 AM] Jecrell: (A17) (#TheForce) Mechanoids no longer are chokable ((I mean, what if it's a car guys....))

My first car had a choke.

You had to pull the knob out to start the engine when it was cold, and gradually push it back in as the engine warmed up.

;)

jecrell

Fellows, I've updated the Factions mod to include actual war between the empire and rebellion.

Arvkus

If my opinion matters:

1. From force sensitive to Jedi Consular (24 lvl, maxed all light side abilities) in 2 quadrums. I think that's way too fast, it should take 2 years.
2. Compare longsword, knife and lighsaber. Lightsaber is even longer than human body, it's too large.
3. When casting abilities, why caster must be 11 tiles away from target? Abilities like force defence or heal self could use melee animation (indicator).

Overall mod seems to be overpowered, but everything else is amazing, keep up the good work.