[1.5] Star Wars - A RimWorld Series (4/8/2024)

Started by jecrell, April 09, 2017, 07:20:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

homeworlder

Quote from: jecrell on June 05, 2017, 03:28:33 PM
Quote from: S1lverw0lf on June 05, 2017, 02:54:45 PM
didnt work for me though(

UPD: The main dl link is not up to date.
UPD2: worldgen crashes when creating a new world. No other mods except hugslib/prepare/jeckstools are not turned
https://gist.github.com/5ddefa8c4a8a1e36f014f0cc054bfe35

I have to sleep. I'll get back to you tomorrow. Perhaps you could clean up your output log and give me something a bit cleaner? That thing is one of the largest I've ever seen. To clean it up, simply delete the file and then immediately try to get the error you mentioned about world generation issues. Thanks!

looking forward to a fix! :)

Magus_Nex

Im having an issue with JecTools.
It wont allow me to generate a world.
i have the lastest Version of the games and the mod. (Im not playing on steam)
and in the correct order.
im 99% sure it is from JecTools.
i have all mods off and i can generate a world and play, however once i turn on JecTools, the world Gen fails. It process for about 30 secs then falls back to the initial world gen page. no error message.
any ideas/tips to fix.
thanks

jecrell

Quote from: Magus_Nex on June 07, 2017, 10:32:16 PM
Im having an issue with JecTools.
It wont allow me to generate a world.
i have the lastest Version of the games and the mod. (Im not playing on steam)
and in the correct order.
im 99% sure it is from JecTools.
i have all mods off and i can generate a world and play, however once i turn on JecTools, the world Gen fails. It process for about 30 secs then falls back to the initial world gen page. no error message.
any ideas/tips to fix.
thanks

We're aware of the issue.

I don't have access to the DRM-free version of the game to debug the issue currently. I'm asking some other folks to help out.

It will be a few more days.
...Psst. Still there? If you'd like to support
me and my works, do check out my Patreon.
Someday, I could work for RimWorld full time!

https://www.patreon.com/jecrell

jecrell

Factions Update

Introducing Imperial Credits

Imperial credits function as an optional way to bargain with The Galactic Empire.

Also added are three new Imperial traders:
Bulk Goods Provisioner
Combat Provisioner
Slaver

All of these three traders are very similar to standard traders, however, their prices are more expensive. Combat dealers for The Galactic Empire will not sell their apparel, however, they will sell blasters to interested parties. They will allow players to deal with Imperial credits as well as silver.

Good luck to all of you in service of the Emperor.

Expect more updates regarding currency.... and... certain vehicles, soon.

SNKcell

I dont know if it is a bug or not, the first time a caravan from the GE comes to my colony, they ask for the tax pay but when i refuse, all the soldiers turn red (enemy) and leave but the three muffalos that come with them, go ahead and attack me, i kill them easily and keep all the loot

is this normal behavior?

jecrell

Quote from: SNKcell on June 10, 2017, 08:15:57 AM
I dont know if it is a bug or not, the first time a caravan from the GE comes to my colony, they ask for the tax pay but when i refuse, all the soldiers turn red (enemy) and leave but the three muffalos that come with them, go ahead and attack me, i kill them easily and keep all the loot

is this normal behavior?

It sounds hilarious, but no, clearly it is not intended behavior. Let me tweak some things.

S1lverw0lf

S1lverw0lf

So i think i should say 'farewell' to this mod, since it never works.
Didnt play rim waiting for a fix which is useless for like a week. Sad.

Canute

Just download and installed them too.
Got same error like S1lverw0lf.
And i got another error when RW startsup.

RimWorld 0.17.1557 rev1146

Duplicate code-linked translation key: DeactivatedWarning in language English

Config error in SWFactions_ATATHull: no parts vulnerable to frostbite

Config error in PJ_ATST_Blaster: has a recipeMaker but no costList or costStuffCount.

Config error in PJ_ATAT_Blaster: has a recipeMaker but no costList or costStuffCount.

Config error in PJ_ATST_Blaster: has a recipeMaker but no costList or costStuffCount.

Config error in PJ_ATAT_Blaster: has a recipeMaker but no costList or costStuffCount.

Could not execute post-long-event action. Exception: System.TypeInitializationException: An exception was thrown by the type initializer for CompVehicle.HarmonyCompVehicle ---> System.ArgumentNullException: Argument cannot be null.
Parameter name: key
  at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[System.Reflection.MethodBase,System.Byte[]].TryGetValue (System.Reflection.MethodBase key, System.Byte[]& value) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Harmony.GeneralExtensions.GetValueSafe[MethodBase,Byte[]] (System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2 dictionary, System.Reflection.MethodBase key) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Harmony.HarmonySharedState.GetPatchInfo (System.Reflection.MethodBase method) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Harmony.PatchProcessor.Patch () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Harmony.HarmonyInstance.Patch (System.Reflection.MethodBase original, Harmony.HarmonyMethod prefix, Harmony.HarmonyMethod postfix, Harmony.HarmonyMethod transpiler) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at CompVehicle.HarmonyCompVehicle..cctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers:RunClassConstructor (intptr)
  at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.RunClassConstructor (RuntimeTypeHandle type) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.StaticConstructorOnStartupUtility.CallAll () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.PlayDataLoader.<DoPlayLoad>m__80F () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Verse.LongEventHandler.ExecuteToExecuteWhenFinished () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

jecrell

Quote from: S1lverw0lf on June 10, 2017, 10:58:11 AM
New log , with all updates installed (No-Steam)
Doesnt create a new world.

https://gist.github.com/32221e0b01166fe01b496f299e47a390

Quote from: Canute on June 10, 2017, 12:21:04 PM
Just download and installed them too.
Got same error like S1lverw0lf.
And i got another error when RW startsup.

RimWorld 0.17.1557 rev1146

Duplicate code-linked translation key: DeactivatedWarning in language English

Config error in SWFactions_ATATHull: no parts vulnerable to frostbite

Could not execute post-long-event action. Exception: System.TypeInitializationException: An exception was thrown by the type initializer for CompVehicle.HarmonyCompVehicle ---> System.ArgumentNullException: Argument cannot be null.
Parameter name: key
  at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[System.Reflection.MethodBase,System.Byte[]].TryGetValue (System.Reflection.MethodBase key, System.Byte[]& value) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Harmony.GeneralExtensions.GetValueSafe[MethodBase,Byte[]] (System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2 dictionary, System.Reflection.MethodBase key) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Harmony.HarmonySharedState.GetPatchInfo (System.Reflection.MethodBase method) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Harmony.PatchProcessor.Patch () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Harmony.HarmonyInstance.Patch (System.Reflection.MethodBase original, Harmony.HarmonyMethod prefix, Harmony.HarmonyMethod postfix, Harmony.HarmonyMethod transpiler) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at CompVehicle.HarmonyCompVehicle..cctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers:RunClassConstructor (intptr)
  at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.RunClassConstructor (RuntimeTypeHandle type) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.StaticConstructorOnStartupUtility.CallAll () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.PlayDataLoader.<DoPlayLoad>m__80F () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Verse.LongEventHandler.ExecuteToExecuteWhenFinished () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Get the latest JecsTools.
https://github.com/jecrell/JecsTools/releases

Thanks for the error reports, guys. If the newest JecsTools doesn't work, then that's really confusing. The DRM-free version of RimWorld uses a different "name" for a process we want to patch to prevent poison ships from dumping ATAT and ATSTs in your colonies. The reason why this isn't easily and quickly fixed is because I only have access to the Steam version of RimWorld.

The goal of these mods is to make you guys happy, sorry for any trouble!

faltonico

Quote from: jecrell on June 10, 2017, 09:21:23 PM
The reason why this isn't easily and quickly fixed is because I only have access to the Steam version of RimWorld.
Would Tynan get mad at me if i send you a copy of my DRM free copy for you to test?

ChaosChronicler

Quote from: faltonico on June 10, 2017, 09:50:59 PM
Quote from: jecrell on June 10, 2017, 09:21:23 PM
The reason why this isn't easily and quickly fixed is because I only have access to the Steam version of RimWorld.
Would Tynan get mad at me if i send you a copy of my DRM free copy for you to test?
I would imagine it wouldn't hurt to ask him about it considering that it would help jecrell with this mod.

tgbps4

Get the latest JecsTools.
https://github.com/jecrell/JecsTools/releases

Thanks for the error reports, guys. If the newest JecsTools doesn't work, then that's really confusing. The DRM-free version of RimWorld uses a different "name" for a process we want to patch to prevent poison ships from dumping ATAT and ATSTs in your colonies. The reason why this isn't easily and quickly fixed is because I only have access to the Steam version of RimWorld.

The goal of these mods is to make you guys happy, sorry for any trouble!

Hey I just tried it out, still doesn´t work. I tried every combination I could think of and it still isn´t working
"I need a series of mods that let me play a colony that experiments on people: basically space Vault-Tec"

jecrell

Quote from: tgbps4 on June 10, 2017, 11:42:09 PM
Hey I just tried it out, still doesn´t work. I tried every combination I could think of and it still isn´t working

Okay dude. Here, have a modified version that removes that harmony patch. It re-enables the bug, but at least you can play.

Try this.

Download - JecsTools - Poison Crash Bug-Re-enabled

If that fails.
Try this.

Download - JecsTools - Poison crash & ancient danger Bugs-Re-enabled

Please turn on development mode and get ready to destroy bugged creatures.
Apologies again.

Quote from: faltonico on June 10, 2017, 09:50:59 PM

If you'd like to gift me a DRM-free version of RimWorld, please consider purchasing an extra copy for supporting the cause.

If THESE still don't work.
Update your DRM-free version of RimWorld to A17b if you haven't already.

Let me know about the results and thank you for your patience!

tgbps4

Okay dude. Here, have a modified version that removes that harmony patch. It re-enables the bug, but at least you can play.

Try this.

Download - JecsTools - Poison Crash Bug-Re-enabled

If that fails.
Try this.

Download - JecsTools - Poison crash & ancient danger Bugs-Re-enabled

Please turn on development mode and get ready to destroy bugged creatures.
Apologies again.

I realized that I may have sounded a lot harsher than I meant to. I´m sorry if I did, but thanks for the fix

P.S: I love the mod, keep doing what you´re doing
"I need a series of mods that let me play a colony that experiments on people: basically space Vault-Tec"