[1.4] Star Wars - A RimWorld Series (10/24/2022)

Started by jecrell, April 09, 2017, 07:20:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canute

QuoteIf THESE still don't work.
Update your DRM-free version of RimWorld to A17b if you haven't already.

Let me know about the results and thank you for your patience!

I tryed the latest Master and the both with the poison Crash.
Everyone give the 1. error on start and don't let me create a colony.
And btw. shouldn't you see at the error log what version we use ? :-)

Maybe ask tynan what is the different between the steam and DRM version that could cause the error.

If you need more testing, say so, i can even join discord for a while but i am on european timezone.

faltonico

Quote from: jecrell on June 11, 2017, 12:06:18 AM
If you'd like to gift me a DRM-free version of RimWorld, please consider purchasing an extra copy for supporting the cause.
I will not go further with that idea, i'll not try to convince you either.
But you already own a copy of the game (well not really... steam owns it) it is not like you aren't playing it already, it would be like i'm lending it to you for you to test it, you would have to return it once you finish (or just delete it) ;p

I hope you could fix that issue, I really want to try it out!

jecrell

Hey fellows, we're still figuring out what's not working for folks.
We think we've fixed the issue for DRM-free versions of the game.
Give this latest version of JecsTools a try, would you? Bless.

https://github.com/jecrell/JecsTools/archive/master.zip
...Psst. Still there? If you'd like to support
me and my works, do check out my Patreon.
Someday, I could work for RimWorld full time!

https://www.patreon.com/jecrell

Canute

Gratulation !
No error on startup,
and world generation works too, tryed it 2 times.
30 min gameplay and no error.

Canute

- I think the exp gain for Force is a bit to much. Should be lowred by 50-75%.

- I think pawn's shouldn't get Force XP from regular task. They should get a big exp gain from using their abilities. And small exp gain when they are meditate on the pads (should be forceable like the training items from Misc. mod). Meditate at the pad should move their alignment too.

- Choke is a bit to strong, not only stun the target, at adept/master it allways down the target for short while. Easy way to capture the target. The chance to down the target should be lowered.

- The tailoring bench got plenty of these noncraftable faction appearals.

- custom (sith) robes crafting is far to cheap, just 50 material, even a duster need 80. Not to speak about these very high stats compared to a duster.

CoopTang

Is there a combatibility patch for Combat Extended?  I know some people say it works fine, but there's no bullet deflection.

Sempius

Hello! I've been having the same issue as others before me: I cannot generate a world map.
My game is heavily modified though and I've yet to try disabling the others but I'm posting my output_log anyways (maybe it'll be useful, somehow!). Here it is: https://pastebin.com/TAPvTvNK

I'm using the latest JecTools (the one posted some commets above this).

Thanks for the great mod!

gaultesian

Hi folks,

I was wondering if simple sidearms and the light saber mod has any conflicts? I read a few weeks ago that there was, and I just wanted to know if that is (a) been cleared up or (b) never was a conflict in the first place.

Cheers, and great work!
Gaultesian

drlovesfurious

I have a few questions.
What is the difference in the zabrak race? Is it just a visual change?

Also, could someone tell me how I make something happen with a force sensitive user? How do I make their powers awaken?

Canute

Just let a "force senstive" pawn work something, the power will awake after a while.
I started as orassan tribal with 5 force sensitive pawns, and all got their powers after a while.

khearn

Quote from: gaultesian on June 22, 2017, 05:17:09 AM
Hi folks,

I was wondering if simple sidearms and the light saber mod has any conflicts? I read a few weeks ago that there was, and I just wanted to know if that is (a) been cleared up or (b) never was a conflict in the first place.

Cheers, and great work!
Gaultesian

I'm using simple sidearms and lightsabers, and not seeing any problems. I've got a jedi carrying both a lightsaber and a Heavy SMG with no noticeable problems. I have noticed that if I don't disarm his lightsaber before undrafting him, he still emits light from the lightsaber, even though he's not visibly carying it. But I don't know if that's an interaction with simple sidearms or not, and it doesn't seem to break anything. Drafting him and disarming the lightsaber fixee it.

drlovesfurious,

Doing tasks that gain the pawn experience will also give them force XP. Different tasks seem to translate to force XP at different rates. I've got two pawns that started as force sensitives. One has been doing research almost nonstop and is at force level 28, while the other has been doing mostly cooking and animal handling and is only at level 6. Some of that is explained by the time the second one spent walking to and from animals, while the first one hardly ever moved from his research bench. But that's not enough to explain the huge difference. Doing research seems to be a great way to level up your force sensitives.

Canute

QuoteI have noticed that if I don't disarm his lightsaber before undrafting him, he still emits light from the lightsaber,
That happen when you just undraft with activate lightsaber too.
You see the glow and hear the sound.

drlovesfurious

What is the difference between the zabrak race and the vanilla pawns?

Canute

I have no clue didn't played them so far.
In the worst case they just got a different headtype.
And when jecrell got some good and evel moments they maybe got goodies.
Why you don't try them out ? Just create 5 zabrak force sensitive pawns and eliminate the rebels ! :-)

jecrell

Quote from: drlovesfurious on June 22, 2017, 02:10:08 PM
What is the difference between the zabrak race and the vanilla pawns?

They have two hearts, and that's the primary difference. We considered increasing the likelihood of their "wild pawns" having higher force sensitive commonalities, but that hasn't come to fruition yet due to other priorities. =D
...Psst. Still there? If you'd like to support
me and my works, do check out my Patreon.
Someday, I could work for RimWorld full time!

https://www.patreon.com/jecrell