[A16 ~ A17] Ancient Magic

Started by AngleWyrm, April 15, 2017, 12:13:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AngleWyrm

An add-on for notfood's entertaining Infused mod

Orientation
Magic occupies the same ethereal space as does detailed understanding. Where there is much understanding there is little room for magic. But where simplicity resides magic can fulfill the detail and complexity.

This mod makes magic and technology drink from the same cup. Where technology is low are the places of great magic, and where technology is high magic is as common as Jedi knights.

Neolithic tribals gain magic as an ally, and Spacer clans have less to do with it. All technology levels are present, going from pre-neolithic Animal to post-spacer Ultra.

This collection of 100 weapons each gives a view of how the chances play out.

Neolithic
During this age magic was common, and craftsmen were magicians and alchemists, making their living with enchantments and infusions. It was the quality of the magic rather than the quantity that differentiated the best of craftsmen; these were the originators of ancient artifacts.

Neolithic Crafter 5Neolithic Crafter 10Neolithic Crafter 20

Industrial
During this age technology took the forefront. Magic was still practiced as a signature flourish, mostly cantrips and blessings to add extra sheen to the quality of goods.

Industrial Crafter 5Industrial Crafter 10Industrial Crafter 20

Spacer
During this age the great advances in technological wonders overshadowed most of what magic used to provide. There were still some with a passion for it, but it was less common.

Spacer Crafter 5Spacer Crafter 10Spacer Crafter 20

Download
Github releases

Installation and Requirements

License
  • Public Domain - This mod is released to the public domain, do with it as you please
  • Mod pack and uploads to alternate download sites are both permitted and encouraged

Credits
I'd like to thank the team of colonists that built over a thousand weapons for our demonstration graphics. Thanks girls, great work!
My 5-point rating system: Yay, Kay, Meh, Erm, Bleh

khor

This mod can play by itself or it also required the Infusion mod ?

AngleWyrm

notfood's Infusion mod is required; thanks for the feedback, I've updated the installation section to answer this question.

Also, I have plenty of vague memories of patch mods, and even seen some in my mod list. Is there a resource link for a good example of patch packaging? Or someone with experience maybe touch the relevant points?

Canute

Btw. AngleWyrm,
it is a bad modding to replace a file from the original mod.
So far i know (i don't mod myself) there is another methode to modify existing mod, maybe ask some other expierenced modder.

AngleWyrm

There's one

Ghasty

This looks like a killer mod Angle. Always love your posts and those anime girls you attach :-*.  Gonna download this bad boy right now, Neolithic Randy Extreme here I come  8) 8) 8)

AngleWyrm

Thanks bunches and have fun <3

Today I've got the mod packaged up as a proper mod, attached to the first post.
When adding it to your mods, load it after/below the Infused mod.

henk

so, you have chosen to let only registered users download the mod :(
not nice, sir or madam

---- mod release rules ----
2. Include a license. This is just a few sentences at the end of your post. It should answer at least these questions:

Can modpack makers include your mod in their modpack?
    Can other modders make derivative mods based on yours?
----
and this time it is important   if someone is allowed to upload it somewhere with a public link :p

AngleWyrm

Thanks for the feedback

• Updated the first post to declare the licensing information (Public Domain)
  • Created a github project with a release page, linked in the first post

BlueWinds

Quote from: Ghasty on April 15, 2017, 06:24:40 PM
This looks like a killer mod Angle. Always love your posts and those anime girls you attach :-*.  Gonna download this bad boy right now, Neolithic Randy Extreme here I come  8) 8) 8)

I, on the other hand, tend to find the anime pictures very distracting. >.> This is not an imgboard, you do not need a picture with every post.

AngleWyrm

To each their own.

I've been looking into the enchantments that are placed on equipment, and it brought a behavior pattern to light. There are percentage modifiers, and they seem to be fairly generic. For example a low level infusion might add 3% melee damage to a weapon.

But what does that mean? If a melee weapon does 10dps, 3% is 0.3dps.

So for the next release I'm going to tune the current spells and incantations so that they produce visible results in their domain. After that I'll probably work on adding new enchantments.

AngleWyrm

Spell Book

This version of the Spell Book includes the set of all infusions
  • Grouped into two sets
    • Prefixes
    • Suffixes
  • Ordered by magical strength
    • common
    • uncommon
    • rare
    • epic
    • legendary
    • artifact
  • Indicators for what the infusions may be cast on
    • Apparel
    • Melee weapons
    • Ranged weapons

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

tornado02

AngleWyrm

A17 version

Many thanks to Tynan for the forward progress producing xpath patching methods for A17, and to notfood for her work on Infused mod. This is what makes us more than just a bunch of monkeys poking at stuff with a stick.

Mod add-on feature changes:
  • Mod load order no longer matters
Downloads are on the github releases page