Alpha 17 is on public unstable branch

Started by Tynan, May 02, 2017, 02:25:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zhentar

Quote from: MikeLemmer on May 04, 2017, 05:46:26 PM
@Tynan:

Could you please set the jungle insect chitter to Music Volume instead of Game Volume? It's irritating to choose between putting up with it and not hearing any sound effects at all while I'm listening to podcasts.

I'll second this (or an ambient volume). The jungle chitter really irritates my husband to I have to mute the game to zoom in on jungle maps  :-X

Tynan

It's too late for new features like that, but we can do something like that for A18.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Zhentar

Rivers are disappointingly ineffective at extinguishing burning pawns...

jchavezriva

Temperature indoors and outdoors is the same despite one cooler working on that room.
Curiously, there is one room where the temperature is ok, but the refrigerator is the same as outside (49°C).
The cooler in the refrigerator is consuming low power (it was set to reach -10°C), and the one in the room which temperature is ok is consuming high, and it was set to reach 10°C.
Im attaching a picture

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

jchavezriva

I made the room bigger and its temperature fixed

MikeLemmer

Joy gain from pawns passionate about Ranged Attacks seems to be broken. It only hops up .5% per shot and is immediately drained, leaving a net gain of 0.

cpoug

Excellent update. I'm enjoying the refinements added, such as making the different food sources more distinct.

Is the story pool intentionally different each update? I can't help but read all the pawn backgrounds, and they seem to always be different each update. For example, "coma child" seems exceedingly common when rolling starting colonists despite there being a large, diverse multitude of other childhoods that never seem to appear. The same goes for backstories like "starship janitor" and "mercenary boss". Is this just chance, or a result of some backstories being locked to specific named characters, meaning those that can appear for anyone are more common?

MikeLemmer

Also, are we supposed to be getting new pawns with Power Armor on Day 4?

Because the first pawn I "rescued" had this on:

giltirn

I really miss the camping mod that I have been using in A16. My colony has mined all exposed components on a large map, which gave me enough for 1 solar panel, 1 battery and 3 coolers, but now I'm stuck because I'm way too early to have anything worth trading and there are no components in sight. I suppose I could start strip mining the hills but I'd much rather there be an alternative. Are these things much rarer than they used to be? Or is it just the new mining skill failure coupled with a "start with nothing" game and a big scoop of bad luck?

DariusWolfe

Really, really digging the fact that micro-ing a pawn to do a task that's "reserved" by another pawn will override them. Excellent little QoL addition.

XeoNovaDan

Quote from: DariusWolfe on May 05, 2017, 12:42:40 AM
Really, really digging the fact that micro-ing a pawn to do a task that's "reserved" by another pawn will override them. Excellent little QoL addition.

Look at me, I'm the worker now! Great choice of mod integration. Still kinda wish that Enhanced Crafting was integrated primarily because bill assignment to pawns (e.g. only assign butcher people bill to a psychopath), but Crafting Hysteresis integration is better than nothing.

Phate777

I also had the problem that on my third raid people were already engaging with automatic shotungs, m4s, snipers etc.

This was on normal dificulty. Seems a bit overkill to me.

FCDetonados

was the chance to fail while buiding increased?

i've just failed 5 times trying to buid a solar panel

Limdood

Quote from: Zhentar on May 04, 2017, 08:44:23 PM
Rivers are disappointingly ineffective at extinguishing burning pawns...
my favorite quote of this thread...

Mihsan

- On day ~50 I was raided by 6 or 7 pirates and 3 of them was in power armor. Is that normal?

- I have a feel that infections are ticking up way too fast. I just had prisoner who died of 100% infection with only 62% immunity. He had lots of wounds and some of them was causing bad blood filtration. Also I dont think that I had medicine at that point to use on him. Also it is strange that infection on body was ticking much faster than other infection on kidney (it was around 80% when he died).

- Just had megasloth with LOTS of wounds and was threated in very dirty barn, but got no infections at all. It is much better than before (when animal with infection had 100% chance to die), but feels a bit wrong.
Pain, agony and mechanoids.