[A10] Glassworks IX

Started by ITOS, April 21, 2014, 07:49:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ITOS

Quote from: daft73 on April 22, 2014, 01:55:26 PM
Just a heads up, when I zipped the file's' to my mod folder, it initially did not work. It unpacked like so..
I did not notice this initially because of the other mods I have as well sharing the same folder. Through trial and error I realized your mod was not in a folder by itself, which caused the mod not to work. I fixed it on my end by making this folder ..and that fixed it.

Others may come across it as well..good mod though ;)

I guess that happens depending on what your work flow with archives are. I have my archive manager always unpack to a folder with the same name as the archive.

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

NephilimNexus

Well if the let light in, then they should be removing "it's dark" as a penalty for rooms without electric lights, at least during the daytime.  So it can save power.

Zack_Wester

Can you make the Windows an bit thicker? I looks on the screenshot that it might be an bit of an problem distincting them from doors.
also I think they will be more pleasing currently it looks kind of odd.

ITOS

Glassworks II:

Added a worktable for making glass, which is the new resource for building windows. Also made alternative textures for windows that may fit with the vanilla art better.

Darkfirephoenix

Could we get glass roofs? It would allow to plant inside without the need of an hydroponics table and it could allow to build usefull solarpanels inside too (without the risk of having raiders drop right into your base like it can happen with no-roof-zones)

daft73

Quote from: ITOS on April 25, 2014, 02:39:44 PM
Glassworks II:

Added a worktable for making glass, which is the new resource for building windows. Also made alternative textures for windows that may fit with the vanilla art better.
Interesting, what, if I may ask is the resource for the windows; sand, metal?

ITOS

Quote from: daft73 on April 25, 2014, 02:56:02 PM
Glassworks II:

Stone. Can't be bother to code sand-mining. Sand is pretty much tiny stones anyway.

Quote from: Darkfirephoenix on April 25, 2014, 02:45:20 PM
Could we get glass roofs? It would allow to plant inside without the need of an hydroponics table and it could allow to build usefull solarpanels inside too (without the risk of having raiders drop right into your base like it can happen with no-roof-zones)
Don't hope for too much. There seems to be a lot of hard-coded stuff for roofs.

Tynan

I like how you went all the way with adding a new glass production line. Very nice.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

jamieg

Quote from: ITOS on April 25, 2014, 05:52:51 PM
Quote from: daft73 on April 25, 2014, 02:56:02 PM
Glassworks II:

Stone. Can't be bother to code sand-mining. Sand is pretty much tiny stones anyway.

Quote from: Darkfirephoenix on April 25, 2014, 02:45:20 PM
Don't hope for too much. There seems to be a lot of hard-coded stuff for roofs.

Im working on a sand pit atm and will be happy to share the coding with you when i have it working perfect if you like? as long as your texture isnt the same :p
YES! Its true! im updating The BIG BANG mod pack check it out here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orzLZbECR20&list=UUr1sEPUEhFqy01q16zGisIg

bombarding

yes..please make roof from glass, so we can build green house and plant hydro in it...and with switch mod, we can save power with auto on 19pm-5am

jamieg

In fact i can send you some sort of workbench that produces sand?? you just gootta ask :) i pressume you use metal as your main resource
YES! Its true! im updating The BIG BANG mod pack check it out here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orzLZbECR20&list=UUr1sEPUEhFqy01q16zGisIg

ITOS

Quote from: jamieg on April 25, 2014, 06:32:50 PMIm working on a sand pit atm and will be happy to share the coding with you when i have it working perfect if you like? as long as your texture isnt the same :p
I'd rather look at making some form of compatible version of my mod that can use the sand-resources from you mod (if you are making one). I don't like it when multiple mods create duplicate resources in my game.

I'm guessing a sandpit is like a workbench that can only be built on sand and only produces sand when worked on?

Quote from: Tynan on April 25, 2014, 06:25:31 PM
I like how you went all the way with adding a new glass production line. Very nice.
Thank you.

jamieg

Well the only thing is, is the mod we are working on is not like a normal mod check out http://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=3270.0 and you will see what i mean ;) so at the moment i do not think it is worth trying to make compatibility between our 2 mods :)

Kirid

I changed the window texture for the version I use. I don't know if you put them in the middle for any particular reason, but I kept finding it difficult placing textures with them.

You can't rollerskate in a muffalo herd

mrofa

When tynan will fix the opacity in rimworld, you will be adding windows kinds like crazy :D
All i do is clutter all around.