[B18] RIMSLAVES 4.2 : DAENERYS’ ARMY – Game of Thrones mod!

Started by WalkingProblem, May 09, 2017, 05:54:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hal98

great mod! but can you add a a16 version? I have a game I would like to finish

Cmoa666

I have some ideas for this mod:
- A male version of the SALLYS (well, everyone got different taste, and rich women exist too)
- a female version of the UNSULLIED, with more speed and less armor maybe ? (like an amazone/valkyrie)
- a hulkier version of the UNSULLIED (with the role of tank)
- a hulkier version of WORK SLAVE (for more transport/mining but without complex task like crafting)

kiesu

I like Cmoa666's suggestions!

I also have a question, is there any cosmetic mod plans for this mod, to make the slave appear less GoT? I like my RimWorld as its own game rather than another series spinoff.
Nice mod anyways ;)

WalkingProblem

Quote from: kiesu on May 31, 2017, 10:53:33 AM
I like Cmoa666's suggestions!

I also have a question, is there any cosmetic mod plans for this mod, to make the slave appear less GoT? I like my RimWorld as its own game rather than another series spinoff.
Nice mod anyways ;)

Currently, there is no plans for this yet.

I might be making an droid version of this mod (so instead of human slaves, they are bots) - so rather than making yet another human slave mod - which might just be duplicating.

Quote from: Cmoa666 on May 31, 2017, 08:59:08 AM
- A male version of the SALLYS (well, everyone got different taste, and rich women exist too)
- a female version of the UNSULLIED, with more speed and less armor maybe ? (like an amazone/valkyrie)
- a hulkier version of WORK SLAVE (for more transport/mining but without complex task like crafting)

For the male version of the sallys..... how do i tell which colonist is gay or gay-friendly? lol~

I will need to code it in.

If you do not know yet, sallys do not serve woman-haters.

As for the unsullied variants - they are most likely will be of totally different textures. I'm currently interested to add Dothraki as an alternative to Unsullied, as well as some other type of mercenaries as fighting slaves.

kiesu

Quote from: Walking Problem on June 01, 2017, 12:19:03 PM

For the male version of the sallys..... how do i tell which colonist is gay or gay-friendly? lol~

Romance Diversified Adds sexuality in game, maybe a patchwork to get them working together? Other than that, whats stopping female colonists from wanting male services? ;)

WalkingProblem

Quote from: kiesu on June 02, 2017, 07:52:45 AM
Quote from: Walking Problem on June 01, 2017, 12:19:03 PM

Romance Diversified Adds sexuality in game, maybe a patchwork to get them working together? Other than that, whats stopping female colonists from wanting male services? ;)

It would be a big problem if I add functionalities from another mod into the mod. I as much as possible try to allow my mods to not have too many opportunities for errors - and even so, there are so many issues to resolve already... =\

As for male sallys, I will consider how is the best way to get it done right... =x

Undeadbanana

My work slaves seem very lazy. I thought maybe another mod was conflicting with it so I started doing the whole Enabling/Disabling to see which but then I decided to just disable all and have this mod along with the Core folder enabled.

Their tendency to find work feels really random still. They spend the majority of the day Wandering.

I set up Mining, Harvesting, Lumber, Grow, and Hauling jobs while disabling it from the colonists to see how they work.

Haul jobs seem to be taken care of immediately, while the others have very low chance to queue up. The workload, from four slaves, completed in one full was mostly hauling, then Harvest/Lumber, Mining was last with about 6-7 pieces of granite mined, and Grow jobs never completed even when fast forwarding for 3 days. None of the jobs were fully completed also.

I think their wandering might be conflicting with the Jobs queuing up. The work slaves tend to act more like the pets, wandering next to the colonists as they do actions. I only think this because I had one that was following a colonist around, along with a cat, and he did none of the jobs (he didn't have a master set either).

I would've tested more but I wanted to play the game, and I wasn't sure if them not completing all jobs or sometimes hardly working was intentional or if I was messing something up.

WalkingProblem

Quote from: Undeadbanana on June 17, 2017, 05:30:09 PM
My work slaves seem very lazy. I thought maybe another mod was conflicting with it so I started doing the whole Enabling/Disabling to see which but then I decided to just disable all and have this mod along with the Core folder enabled.

Their tendency to find work feels really random still. They spend the majority of the day Wandering.

I set up Mining, Harvesting, Lumber, Grow, and Hauling jobs while disabling it from the colonists to see how they work.

Haul jobs seem to be taken care of immediately, while the others have very low chance to queue up. The workload, from four slaves, completed in one full was mostly hauling, then Harvest/Lumber, Mining was last with about 6-7 pieces of granite mined, and Grow jobs never completed even when fast forwarding for 3 days. None of the jobs were fully completed also.

I think their wandering might be conflicting with the Jobs queuing up. The work slaves tend to act more like the pets, wandering next to the colonists as they do actions. I only think this because I had one that was following a colonist around, along with a cat, and he did none of the jobs (he didn't have a master set either).

I would've tested more but I wanted to play the game, and I wasn't sure if them not completing all jobs or sometimes hardly working was intentional or if I was messing something up.

Yes, their behaviors are supposed to be a lot like pets - because thats what they are. They are built on animals, so they behaves a lot like the dogs or the cats - just that they can do work - thus much more useful than pets.

To understand how to best use them, you must understand how they works: every other moment, the slaves will scan around what it is there to do. At every scan, they will need to decide whether to clean, to haul, to mine, to harvest, to cut plants, to rearm traps, etc... As a result, if there are too many choice, they will just pick one which is easiest for them, and they will go with it. From time to time, the nuzzling behavior will trigger, and they will run to the nearest colonist and "nuzzle" them.

So by restricting them to certain animal zones (for example a "mining zone" to force work slaves to have no other work choice but to mine) - they will become extremely efficient at mining.

If you give freedom to slaves - the slaves will not behave like slaves. they will just slack around.

=D

hauchong

Hi, i download the mod 2.0 and try to use it but it seem like not working for me. It show not compatible with the A17? I am using the latest version of A17.

WalkingProblem

Quote from: hauchong on June 27, 2017, 12:40:13 AM
Hi, i download the mod 2.0 and try to use it but it seem like not working for me. It show not compatible with the A17? I am using the latest version of A17.

It should be compatible, you try loading the mod last in your mod list, and try again.

khearn

I just ran into the Hospitality issue again. Visitor group arrives with animals, visitors start to wander, eventually some go berzerk. I downed 2 berzerkers and rescued them, but ended up killing one other. Also had one visitor kill another one.

Their animals just moved to the caravan spot and are wandering around getting hungry. I suspect they'll eventually starve to death and end up in my meat locker.

There is a difference from previous occurances, though. Instead of getting a constant stream of spam about visitors leaving, I'm now getting a message every 30 seconds or so saying the visitors are leaving with their wounded, and an occaisiobnal visitors are fleeing. Much less annoying. :)

Now, this visitor group isn't from Walkblem Slavers, so it may just be unrelated to RimSlaves. But it's so similar  to past occurances that I thought I'd mention it here. I also posted in the Hospitality thread.

WalkingProblem

Quote from: khearn on June 27, 2017, 02:26:32 PM
I just ran into the Hospitality issue again. Visitor group arrives with animals, visitors start to wander, eventually some go berzerk. I downed 2 berzerkers and rescued them, but ended up killing one other. Also had one visitor kill another one.

Their animals just moved to the caravan spot and are wandering around getting hungry. I suspect they'll eventually starve to death and end up in my meat locker.

There is a difference from previous occurances, though. Instead of getting a constant stream of spam about visitors leaving, I'm now getting a message every 30 seconds or so saying the visitors are leaving with their wounded, and an occaisiobnal visitors are fleeing. Much less annoying. :)

Now, this visitor group isn't from Walkblem Slavers, so it may just be unrelated to RimSlaves. But it's so similar  to past occurances that I thought I'd mention it here. I also posted in the Hospitality thread.

Yeah, my only experience with the error also had the visitor going berzerk.... not sure why berzerk instead of other stuff.... lol

maybe the errors are driving them crazy~ lol

DemonLordM

bonmar14

Quote from: DemonLordM on June 30, 2017, 08:23:12 PM
Do worker slaves work in cupros quarry mod?
I think no because I set a animal zone on one of the quarry that I build
and set the work slaves and no matter what they don't mine at the quarry