How to merge a translation to newer version?

Started by mecatxis, May 27, 2017, 02:53:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mecatxis

Hello

I'm translating Rimworld to Catalan, witch is not a official translation yet

With the change of version, some changes has been made (obviously) and there are some strings that stopped working.

I tried using RimTrans, but since the Catalan language is not included yet, is not useful for me.

Any hints to know exactly what has changed and how to reuse all my old work?

As an example:

The bottom buttons were translated and how they appears in English again. I found that the folder and file names has been changed from "tabs" to "buttons". After changing this names, they appear translated again.

Andres6936

Quote from: mecatxis on May 27, 2017, 02:53:14 AM
Hello

I'm translating Rimworld to Catalan, witch is not a official translation yet

With the change of version, some changes has been made (obviously) and there are some strings that stopped working.

I tried using RimTrans, but since the Catalan language is not included yet, is not useful for me.

Any hints to know exactly what has changed and how to reuse all my old work?

As an example:

The bottom buttons were translated and how they appears in English again. I found that the folder and file names has been changed from "tabs" to "buttons". After changing this names, they appear translated again.

I don't understand what you're trying to say.

mecatxis

I will try to explain better.

I have some work done with A17. Now appears the B18 version with a bunch of new files amb some small changes in old files.

If i try to run B18 with old A17 translation files, some things became "broken" because the tag has slighly changed.

Any way to know wich tags changed from A17 to B18? Or if there are any changes in the content of existing tags that has to be revised in translations?

Andres6936

Quote from: mecatxis on December 11, 2017, 03:48:49 AM
I will try to explain better.

I have some work done with A17. Now appears the B18 version with a bunch of new files amb some small changes in old files.

If i try to run B18 with old A17 translation files, some things became "broken" because the tag has slighly changed.

Any way to know wich tags changed from A17 to B18? Or if there are any changes in the content of existing tags that has to be revised in translations?

You have RimWorld's Debug mode, that will let you know exactly what the problem is in translations with the new versions.
Another way to check for changes would be to compare files between versions, either manually or with assistance from a program.

kaptain_kavern

Quote from: Andres6936 on December 21, 2017, 02:24:38 PMAnother way to check for changes would be to compare files between versions, either manually or with assistance from a program.

If I understood what OP problem is, I linked some tools I found here: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=37488.msg384069#msg384069