Introduce yourself!

Started by Tynan, September 16, 2013, 11:54:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Plague

Hello all,

I am new to the game.  I just purchased the game earlier today and I have been watching a few video to gain an understanding.  If you want a laugh or would like to help me learn how to play.  I am going to stream tonight. 

My twitch page is http://www.twitch.tv/plaugeis.  If you don't want to join me, that is cool.  Its good to be here and I look forward to experiencing the game. 

~Plague

catter

Quote from: Tynan on September 16, 2013, 11:54:27 PM
-What introduced you to RimWorld? Or to this style of game in general?
Actually my Uncle was playing it and I liked it.  :D
Quote from: Tynan on September 16, 2013, 11:54:27 PM
-What's your favorite other game?
Kerbal Space Program (KSP), also introduced by my Uncle.  :D
Quote from: Tynan on September 16, 2013, 11:54:27 PM-Most embarrassing gaming-related story?
I have played games that have references that, people I know, get what they mean; however, I don't get them.  :o

jzero

Heyo! my name is Jzero and i was introduced to this game by Blitzkriegsler's lets plays of it.

My other favorite game is The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth.

My favorite cereal is Cinnamon Toast Crunch because I am an unhealthy swine  :D
Actual cannibal shia labeouf.

Adamiks

Hey, i'm sans.

Sans the skele-ton.

I'm really punny and my dog is hot.

Listen1

Quote from: Adamiks on February 10, 2016, 08:59:53 AM
Hey, i'm sans.

Sans the skele-ton.

I'm really punny and my dog is hot.

Don't know if it is because i'm not native, but I didn't understood your skeleton pun.

And my dog is also hot, his name is chilly

Mossy piglet

I was introduced to rimworld when my friend told me about it
My favorite cereal is special k
Tardigrades are superior to all other life forms in every way.

Ps I secretly am one I am the king of their civilization.

Tynan

Another warm welcome to all newcomers :)
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

forumaccount

Hi I'm just here for the mods, go away!
Steam Workshop destroys modding communities. Don't let your town become a megastore's parking lot!

catter

Quote from: forumaccount on March 06, 2016, 08:48:29 PM
do you know what you just said!!!!! That is one of the rudest things I have ever seen!!!! >:(

jzero

Quote from: forumaccount on March 06, 2016, 08:48:29 PM

okay...

*sits in corner*
Actual cannibal shia labeouf.

Zarvoxbe

I've discovered RimWorld on YouTube, visiting the website and fall in love of the game.

Like colony-manager but RimWorld is more complex than other games of the same genre and I like Firefly too.

I've played so many games that enjoy me, choosing one is difficult.

Recently I loved The Witcher 3.

-Most embarrassing gaming-related story?

Buying a game that is a crap ?

-What kind of breakfast cereal is the best?

I don't like cereal for breakfast. Bread, nutella and milk.

I'm Frenchie exuse me by advance if my english are a bit ... harsh ?

itzrabiid

First off: Hey! Names Ryan and i'm from New Zealand :)

I discovered rimworld after i saw a letsplay on youtube, Game looked awesome so i decided to try it myself.

I have a couple, Prison Architect is a great casual game but other than that the Fallout and Elder Scrolls Series have always been a love of mine.

-Most embarrassing gaming-related story?
I'm Just generally bad at games so to many to count lol.

-What kind of breakfast cereal is the best?
I usually just eat some musili honestly, im a pretty simple guy.

archerj2010

Hi, it's J from Indiana
- Saw Rimworld featured on "Steam Greenlight" as a potential addition, at about the same time I stumbled onto PaulSoaresJr's Rimworld videos.
-My other favorite games include "Project Zomboid," "Prison Architect," and "American Truck Simulator," depending on what kind of mood I'm in.
-Most embarrassing moment was when I fell asleep playing "Fable 3" co-op with my brother...mid-fight. Wasn't even waiting on him or anything, just checked out between sword swings.
-Favorite breakfast cereal? Lucky Charms. No question.

shadowcliff

Hi J!! Welcome!
I'm also new. This username is almost ten years old and I haven't bothered to find another.
I've played Dwarf Fortress here and there and a friend recommended RimWorld. I'm having fun though I'm itching to play higher difficulties. However, the tougher threats would totally stomp me at my current skill level. :D

seekerofpie

Hey, I'm Nic from New Zealand, I don't normally post on forums and stuff but thought I would say hi because I really like this game and wanna give some mad props to the creator. This is by far the best experience I've ever had backing a kickstarter or other indie game, consistent major updates, cool community and just all round great game :D

-Found out about Rimworld right at the start while browsing around Kickstarter, i'd played some dwarf fortress before but it was kinda overly complicated nd the ascii graphics didn't help. Rimworld just seemed like a better alternative and it was probably the first or second game I backed on there.

-Absolutely love the civilization games: best is "Alpha Centauri", followed by civ 3, 5, 4. Also a bit of other stuff, Dragon Age: Origins, Mass Effect, Don't Starve, Factorio (Another awesome Kickstarter game), FTL.

-Got 2 Embarrassing stories: 1. Had dream about minecraft *shudder*. 2. Did a 24 hour DayZ session with some friends and after we had basically become the kings of the entire map I fell off a tower and died, lost all my gear and pretty much ended up being the cause for everyone going to sleep.

-Fave breakfast is probably a mix of Milo Cereal and Weet-bix, with plenty of yoghurt