[A17] SeveralPuffins mods for A17

Started by Several Puffins, May 29, 2017, 10:04:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wwWraith

Just a minor detail in Recon and Discovery: "Starship down" triggers with the message "Our comms console detected a distress call from a ship shortly before it crashed!" even when we have not built the comms console yet.
Think about it. Think around it. Perhaps you'll get some new good idea even if it would be completely different from my words.

VentroHawk

Hey, can you tell me how I can change it so that the performances are based on art? I don't really like the idea of creating the new performance skill because it feels like it breaks vanilla too much while the rest of the mod is perfect. Thank you <3

Tenshi~Akari

Thank you so much for these mods, especially Razzle Dazzle. I've been looking forward to that ever since the teaser in the A16 thread for it. I'm hoping somehow different instruments will be in the works in the future? Would love to have a small band going w/ my pawns someday.  ;D

Also, a small note/slight request on the Romance Diversified mod: Is it possible to have the asker for the dates/hookups not chase after the ask-ee if they're out of their designated zone? (Sort of like how when a pawn goes to train animals but once the animals leave the zone or go to sleep, they immediately move on to another job.) I ask this because I've literally had 3 pawns incapable of violence chase after their lovers in the thick of a potential raid... talk about dedication to the lovin'.  :P

EDIT: I've been having this error happen as well, not a game breaker, but I guess the "I lied" thought doesn't work like it's supposed to in Rumors & Deception?

Can't gain social thought ILied because its otherPawn is null and otherPawn passed to this method is also null. Social thoughts must have otherPawn.
Verse.Log:Error(String)
RimWorld.MemoryThoughtHandler:TryGainMemory(Thought_Memory, Pawn)
RimWorld.MemoryThoughtHandler:TryGainMemory(ThoughtDef, Pawn)
RumoursAndDeception.InteractionWorker_SpreadRumours:Interacted(Pawn, Pawn, List`1)
RimWorld.Pawn_InteractionsTracker:TryInteractWith(Pawn, InteractionDef)
Hospitality.Harmony.TryInteractRandomly:Replacement(Pawn_InteractionsTracker, Boolean&)
RimWorld.Pawn_InteractionsTracker:TryInteractRandomly_Patch1(Object)
RimWorld.Pawn_InteractionsTracker:InteractionsTrackerTick()
Verse.Pawn:Tick()
Verse.TickList:Tick()
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:UpdatePlay()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

BaumMitBart

Quote from: kenmtraveller on June 16, 2017, 02:16:48 AM
Hey,
to follow up on my earlier message, now I am getting the problem where my game constantly pauses even after I left a recon and discovery map where it started.

I enabled developer mode, each increment throws this error:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at Verse.CellFinder.TryFindRandomEdgeCellWith (System.Predicate`1 validator, Verse.Map map, Single roadChance, Verse.IntVec3& result) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.RCellFinder.TryFindTravelDestFrom (IntVec3 root, Verse.Map map, Verse.IntVec3& travelDest) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.IncidentWorker_TravelerGroup.TryExecute (RimWorld.IncidentParms parms) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.Storyteller.TryFire (RimWorld.FiringIncident fi) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.IncidentQueue.IncidentQueueTick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.Storyteller.StorytellerTick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.TickManager.DoSingleTick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:UpdatePlay()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

Any idea what is going on?  It's killed my game.

My logs are reporting the same issue - has anybody a clue? It seems to be an endless loop as the error counter is constantly growing - results are huge lag spikes. Events that i cleared: Tremor Generator - but i cant say if this is the problem.

Anybody fixed that issue?

Erratum

Okay, have a problem here with Recon and Discovery:

My colonists keep sticking livestock into the cryptocaskets. Dead livestock. And when I have them open up the casket, they pop the cadaver back in again immediately.

I suggest adding a 'storage restrictions' thing to the caskets if you're going to use a bodge for resurrection, because I'm getting tired of finding my caskets - not just the Osiris one, but even the ancient cryptocaskets - full of dead chickens.

KevinHann

Is there anything particular about the mod load order to keep in mind? These look amazing but whichever I attempt to load in my game... well, it basically makes everything from doormats to fishing mods collide and resets the entire list :(

Any suggestions what could be causing this?

NalaAddict

Muahahaha!  Glad I read the last comments on the A16 of two of these mods.  I was like 'hell yes...must have this'..then saw A16...audibly swore.  Now I'll be getting Rumors & Deception and Romance Diversified.  I'm unsure about RecondAndDiscovery at this point.  Not sure if Romace can work on an existing game or not.

That all said...please keep these updated, they are too good to be lost to the ages.  Thanx

SpaceDorf

Quote from: NalaAddict on July 21, 2017, 08:53:54 PM
Muahahaha!  Glad I read the last comments on the A16 of two of these mods.  I was like 'hell yes...must have this'..then saw A16...audibly swore.  Now I'll be getting Rumors & Deception and Romance Diversified.  I'm unsure about RecondAndDiscovery at this point.  Not sure if Romace can work on an existing game or not.

That all said...please keep these updated, they are too good to be lost to the ages.  Thanx

I have the whole set, except "pawns play together" which does not play nice with animal hauling mods ...
I had this mega collide too, but I caused it with a half-baked modding try of my own .. so no idea where it comes from in this case.

oh and I don't use razzle-dazzle, not because it made any problems, I just never came around to use the features so I left it out of the modlist again.
Otherwise it playes nice with the rest of my 200 other mods :)
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

AngleWyrm

How do I use the Razzle-Dazzle mod? They just seem to "muck about" on the stage.
I've crafted a play, what do I do with it?
My 5-point rating system: Yay, Kay, Meh, Erm, Bleh

LiteEmUp

so i'm interested in razzle dazzle...

so any known mod conflicts right now?? aside from that cute dancing robot??

save game compatible or requires a new save?? therapy mod adds a therapist job, but doesnt require a new save.. so im hoping razz is also save compatible..

LiteEmUp

so someone mentioned on steam workshop about psychology mod having conflicts with razzle dazzle??

can anyone likely confirm thnx..

i do definitely would love to have this mod added to my list, but looking at comments here and on workshop has me worried.

Chaos17

Quote from: LiteEmUp on August 10, 2017, 05:33:29 PM
so someone mentioned on steam workshop about psychology mod having conflicts with razzle dazzle??

i do definitely would love to have this mod added to my list, but looking at comments here and on workshop has me worried.
I've tried both mods together and the pawns would not use the stage you can build with Razzle Dazzle at all or any features that were listed I didn't saw them. I might try again in the futur.

TastyCookies

I want to try Recon and Discovery but I'm afraid it might destroy my save, can anyone tell me if the mod is currently stable as I've seen the comments on Steam stating that there are some problems with it? Thank you for making the mod  ;D

LiteEmUp

Quote from: Chaos17 on August 12, 2017, 06:28:37 AM
Quote from: LiteEmUp on August 10, 2017, 05:33:29 PM

I've tried both mods together and the pawns would not use the stage you can build with Razzle Dazzle at all or any features that were listed I didn't saw them. I might try again in the futur.

is putting both mods on diferent load order helps?? i'm just wondering what changes that razzle did that affects psychology or pawns not using the stage...

Quote from: TastyCookies on August 14, 2017, 01:54:38 PM
I want to try Recon and Discovery but I'm afraid it might destroy my save, can anyone tell me if the mod is currently stable as I've seen the comments on Steam stating that there are some problems with it? Thank you for making the mod  ;D
yeah i'm interested on recon too, but like razzle dazzle, the comments from steam workshop also has me worried about the stability of the mod... and the worst part is that the mod author seems to have moved on from rimworld, by just looking at his profile.. someone has to likely pickup the work on fixing both razzle and recon mod..

i'm mostly interested in the osiris casket, stargate, and stargate mods in it.. it wouldn't feel like stargate without stuff related to the stargate franchise...

TastyCookies

Quote from: LiteEmUp on August 14, 2017, 03:45:39 PM
yeah i'm interested on recon too, but like razzle dazzle, the comments from steam workshop also has me worried about the stability of the mod... and the worst part is that the mod author seems to have moved on from rimworld, by just looking at his profile.. someone has to likely pickup the work on fixing both razzle and recon mod..

i'm mostly interested in the osiris casket, stargate, and stargate mods in it.. it wouldn't feel like stargate without stuff related to the stargate franchise...
I think I'm going to try the mod itself out and report on what I experience with my 50+ mod load order. I read more information on the mod on Steam and some of the bugs aren't gamebreaking.