[1.0] Combat Extended - 1.8.2 CE Melee released (17.11.2019)

Started by NoImageAvailable, June 09, 2017, 04:13:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saint Lucifer

Just a small question, what exactly causes the "Panic Attack" thing? I keep having crafters cowering even when doing simple things like a parka for example.

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: Saint Lucifer on July 27, 2017, 03:39:41 PM
Just a small question, what exactly causes the "Panic Attack" thing? I keep having crafters cowering even when doing simple things like a parka for example.

That's not a CE mechanic, its from Psychology
"The power of friendship destroyed the jellyfish."

Saint Lucifer

Quote from: NoImageAvailable on July 27, 2017, 03:47:39 PM

Odd this just started showing when i installed CE tho. Oh well i guess i can check with then tho. Thanks for the info.

Anvil_Pants

Quote from: Saint Lucifer on July 27, 2017, 09:25:20 PM
Quote from: NoImageAvailable on July 27, 2017, 03:47:39 PM

Odd this just started showing when i installed CE tho. Oh well i guess i can check with then tho. Thanks for the info.

Psychology's panic attack thought should only proc on a pawn that has Anxiety medical condition. It needs to be treated by a doctor. That works essentially like an infection. The cowering behavior is in the Anxiety hediff.

using System;
using Verse;
using Verse.AI;
using RimWorld;

namespace Psychology
{
    public class Hediff_Anxiety : HediffWithComps
    {
        public override void Tick()
        {
            base.Tick();
            switch ((pawn.GetHashCode() ^ (GenLocalDate.DayOfYear(pawn) + GenLocalDate.Year(pawn) + (int)(GenLocalDate.DayPercent(pawn) * 5) * 60) * 391) % (50*(13-((this.CurStageIndex+1)*2))))
            {
                case 0:
                    panic = true;
                    this.Severity += 0.00000002f;
                    if (pawn.Spawned && pawn.RaceProps.Humanlike)
                    {
                        if (pawn.jobs.curJob.def != JobDefOf.FleeAndCower && !pawn.jobs.curDriver.asleep)
                        {
                            pawn.jobs.StartJob(new Job(JobDefOf.FleeAndCower, pawn.Position), JobCondition.InterruptForced, null, false, true, null);
                        }
                        else if (pawn.jobs.curDriver.asleep)
                        {
                            pawn.needs.mood.thoughts.memories.TryGainMemory(ThoughtDefOfPsychology.DreamNightmare);
                        }
                    }
                    break;
                default:
                    panic = false;
                    break;
            }
        }

public bool panic = false;
    }
}

using Verse;
using RimWorld;
using System;

namespace Psychology
{
    public class ThoughtWorker_PanicAttack : ThoughtWorker
    {
        protected override ThoughtState CurrentStateInternal(Pawn p)
        {
            if (!p.Spawned)
                return ThoughtState.Inactive;
            if (!p.Awake())
            if (!p.RaceProps.Humanlike)
            if (p.Dead)
            Hediff_Anxiety anxiety = p.health?.hediffSet?.GetFirstHediffOfDef(HediffDefOfPsychology.Anxiety) as Hediff_Anxiety;
            if (anxiety == null)
            if (!anxiety.panic)
            return ThoughtState.ActiveAtStage(0);
        }
    }
}

Go talk to Linq on Psychology's Steam Workshop page if your pawn doesn't have anxiety in its medical tab.

You'd need to reproduce the bug with only CE, Psychology, and dependencies, to prove a conflict there.

Anvil_Pants

Quote from: FurtherV on July 26, 2017, 06:19:13 PM
It would be nice if you could add compatibility for the Misc. MAI Mod. (Basically a craftable pawn which a special race)

Misc. MAI can't easily be made compatible with CE and other mods that add or modify pawn code (like Psychology does) because MAI directly interferes with pawn code to create its pawns. These other mods using Harmony to do it isn't stopping MAI from conflicting.

The compatibility needs to start with MAI being refactored to use Harmony, Hugs, or both, to accomplish its pawn generation. That in itself won't magically create compatibility, but it is the most likely path.

dannyslag

I don't seem to have the recopies to craft any of the combat extended (or unrelated to this mod vanilla weapons expansion) weapons at the machining table, is there a specific research for it?

Saint Lucifer

Small question, is it normal for minigun Centipides to melt trough a whole base made of plascrete similar walls in one single burst?

Muffalo Wool

Explosions are hitting pawns over walls. http://imgur.com/a/reVEa
I'm not at all sure of this but maybe this has something to do with the new explosion mechanics as I've noticed the way charged scatterguns (from Vanilla Friendly weapons) are treated as explosions (you can easily reproduce this by spawning a Scyther with a scattergun and a colonist, have him take go-juice and let the scyther kill the colonist with the gun. A notification then pops up saying: "colonist" has died in an explosion). and thus go through walls similarly. I'm using the 1.3 version. I don't have any mods that alter combat except for CE but if you need it I'll provide a list of my mods.

Seven

I've got no weapon mods other than what CE has, and the centipede charged blaster produces the died in explosion kills too, at least through embrasures (not sure about walls). Rockets and grenades also seem to ignore both walls and embrasures, speaking of explosions in general.

I'm not sure if that's intended or not, but mechs in general are just insanely threatening. The embrasures seems to do nothing to protect my colonists to the point where I suspect they just commit suicide when they see a mech, they shrug off small arms fire like it was nothing, and if I get a mech raid before I have multiple mortars to destroy their weapons with before they reach my base, I might as well just restart. They also seem to be completely immune to EMP shells for some reason; I've literally had 8 shells hit a mech formation, at least a few of them dead center, and not a single one even got its paint scratched.

Daveorav

Some shit I noticed as far as bugs below. I love the mod, I really, really do. And I don't think I can take it outta my mod list because it's just so good. But the gripes below are serious issues, and they make playing with the mod more frustrating than it needs to be.

In the loadout menu you seem to be doing something every time a character is added or removed in the name of the loadout. I've looked through the code and the only thing I could guess at is that it's being used as a regex on accident every time it is modified. Or you're just renaming it with each keystroke, which is a poor implementation of this. A save button for the name field would be infinitely better. This can cause crashes if you spam the name field, and it also makes putting in a name frustrating.

Backpack's increased bulk seems to be randomly reflected in the loadout screen, so sometimes your bulk on the loadout screen will be 40 less than it should, resulting in some amount of confusion.

The game doesn't pause when you bring up the loadout screen, causing massive FPS loss and other such trouble, makes it even more difficult to navigate than usual.

A dynamic search bar for the loadout screen as far as searching for items is a fine idea, but the massive performance issues caused by it makes it frustrating, slow, and sorta shitty. I mean you're running it against, potentially, thousands of entries and it runs it every time you input or delete a character, or potentially even more often than that which could cause the massive FPS loss from just opening the menu.

I love the mod, but basically all of the UI elements of it are just frustrating to use, also pawns don't really prioritize equipping their loadout, they just sorta o it whenever which defeats the whole point of the loadout system. If you can't make something good to use, then don't make it fancy. I feel like there are a bunch of bells and whistles on the loadout screen and none of them really do anything. They look great, no doubt, but making it simpler would make it far more usable and not a pain to input a simple number.

Also any places you can enter a count act weirdly, when backspacing a single number, the cursor just skips over it. Also an error message when you force a pawn to pick up a weapon not in their assigned loadout would be nice. As it is now, pawns will try to pick up the weapon, realize they shouldn't have it, then drop it immediately. This can be very frustrating for new players, or even more veteran ones if they forgot to change the loadout of a pawn.

And just as a want from me, adding something like the mod quality cooldown, but with firerate as well as a chance to jam would be really neat. For example shoddy weapons would have slightly lower fire rate then better quality ones, but would have maybe a 1 in 20 chance to jam, and poor would retain the fire rate but make the jamming rate like 1 in 100, and so on and so forth in that kinda manner with legendary guns having like 5% higher fire rates and virtually no chance to jam. Though I could see Jamming being an addition that could be better in my head than in the game.

Saint Lucifer

Quote from: Seven on July 29, 2017, 09:22:16 PM
I've got no weapon mods other than what CE has, and the centipede charged blaster produces the died in explosion kills too, at least through embrasures (not sure about walls). Rockets and grenades also seem to ignore both walls and embrasures, speaking of explosions in general.

I'm not sure if that's intended or not, but mechs in general are just insanely threatening. The embrasures seems to do nothing to protect my colonists to the point where I suspect they just commit suicide when they see a mech, they shrug off small arms fire like it was nothing, and if I get a mech raid before I have multiple mortars to destroy their weapons with before they reach my base, I might as well just restart. They also seem to be completely immune to EMP shells for some reason; I've literally had 8 shells hit a mech formation, at least a few of them dead center, and not a single one even got its paint scratched.

Honestly the only way i found on how to deal with the dam mechs is "PTRS-41" with AP-I for long range engagement or "Milkors" with EMP grenades for crash ships. As for base defense i just basically made a wall of 90mm Flak Guns loaded with EMP Cannon shells, that usually will melt the centipedes.

Frank2368

Bug report. CE Guns seems to be missing all of the AI tags and the pistol tags.

gillsminnow

zinwaz

Is this mod compatible with Rah's Bionics and Surgery Expansion ?

WolfgangPolska

I seem not to be able to craft arrows, since  I have installed medievial mod
I have no idea how, but it works!!!