[1.0] Combat Extended - 1.8.2 CE Melee released (17.11.2019)

Started by NoImageAvailable, June 09, 2017, 04:13:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JustTundra

I'm not sure if this was intentional but if you disable ammunition it also disables it for mortars. Raids with mortars will constantly have a drop pod coming in every couple of seconds which opens and spawns a pile of shells then immediately despawns the shells. The operators of the mortars, even if their name goes blue from fleeing, won't stop shelling the base until you shoot them and snap them out of it.
I mean, it's doing what it says on the tin but I was expecting disabling ammunition to return it to vanilla where guns had infinite ammo but you still had to make and load artillery shells.
I can do basic graphics if you are too lazy to do them yourself and I am not.

kubility

there are lots and lots of incompatible mods and i cant identify what's causing hauling bug. when my pawns carry any amount of ammo from somewhere to a stockpile it just disappears at there. removed anything that says "adds new weapons" yet still couldn't find the problem. also, plz check steam page as well it would be easier to reach you and fix the problems.

Llamas1115

Is there an available list of all guns added by CE Guns and their stats anywhere?

sadpickle

Quote from: zinwaz on July 30, 2017, 03:03:18 PM
Is this mod compatible with Rah's Bionics and Surgery Expansion ?
I am using RBSE as well as CE and I have not had any issues. Not had a chance to try advanced bionics but everything seems to work. I would load CE last, followed by CE guns.

I think this mod is great, but I had noticed some issues, vis-a-vis the explosive weapons and their wonkiness. Centipedes in particular and the Charge Blaster. Firstly it seems to have no report. I hear no sound associated with either it's firing or shots impacting. Secondly, it's absurdly overpowered with most colonist simply being annihilated in one shot. Cover doesn't seem to have any effect on likelihood of being hit. Sandbags and embrasures are equally ineffective. The lack of sounds to verify they've taken a shot and the lethality I feel are either bugged or need serious addressing. I save-scum because I simply do not think tactics are enough to deal with this threat.

Secondly, loadouts do not work well at all. The biggest problem I've identified is ammo. At some point pawns will simply refuse to take ammo designated to their loadout, even when they have spare bulk and mass and the ammo is in a stockpile. I'm not sure if they are waiting to fulfill a need or their current job, or what is causing this. It IS incredibly aggravating because on paper, the loadout system is fantastic. But if it only works some of the time it's worse than useless. Pawns will also put their weapon into inventory when ammo is depleted, which can cause issues. The loadout interface itself is weird and causes massive lag and slowdown when opened. Needs serious optimizing.

That said the mod is fantastic, it really does elevate the combat in this game to the next level. Guns are suitably lethal. Hunting is SO. MUCH. BETTER. Embrasures make sense but may be too powerful; it's up to the player to decide how much to abuse them. I like all the gun varieties and the vanilla replacements. Making an armory feels like a worthwhile exercise now.

Ark7

Running CE w/ CE Weapons A17b, and now chickens require feritilization before they lay eggs. Possibly related to CE / CE Weapons as it seems vanilla A17b users (including myself) aren't having the issue. I've disabled CE + CE weps on 06 Aug 2017, started a new colony w/ a hen, and it layed an egg just fine w/o fertilization.

Any chance you could look into this?

FoxM60

Having problem with the NPCs not having ammo, when ever i get raided or raid an outpost, there is a spam of "Out of ammo!" Text and basically making the game super easy for me. Please help ;-;

johnarcie009123

The mod is incompatible with Jectools + Yes, Vehicles mods please make it compatible

skullywag

Quote from: Ark7 on August 06, 2017, 11:03:32 PM
Running CE w/ CE Weapons A17b, and now chickens require feritilization before they lay eggs. Possibly related to CE / CE Weapons as it seems vanilla A17b users (including myself) aren't having the issue. I've disabled CE + CE weps on 06 Aug 2017, started a new colony w/ a hen, and it layed an egg just fine w/o fertilization.

Any chance you could look into this?

Im running CE and CE Guns plus a tonne of other mods, ive had no issues with CE and have tonnes of chickens laying eggs...unfert and fert.

For those having issues with ammo vanishing etc, check your mod settings for CE, make sure you dont have ammo disabled or anything.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: sadpickle on August 06, 2017, 04:35:48 PM
At some point pawns will simply refuse to take ammo designated to their loadout, even when they have spare bulk and mass and the ammo is in a stockpile.

Loadouts will count ammo loaded in guns as well, so if you set them to carry an M16 + 150 rounds of ammo they'll have 120 in their inventory and 30 in the gun. This tends to confuse people but its necessary because the other way caused some really annoying situations if you had multiple ammo types in your loadout.

If this is not what's happening to you its a legitimate bug though.
"The power of friendship destroyed the jellyfish."

Jetpack_Maniac

Quote from: sadpickle on August 06, 2017, 04:35:48 PM
I am using RBSE as well as CE and I have not had any issues. Not had a chance to try advanced bionics but everything seems to work. I would load CE last, followed by CE guns.

I think this mod is great, but I had noticed some issues, vis-a-vis the explosive weapons and their wonkiness. Centipedes in particular and the Charge Blaster. Firstly it seems to have no report. I hear no sound associated with either it's firing or shots impacting. Secondly, it's absurdly overpowered with most colonist simply being annihilated in one shot. Cover doesn't seem to have any effect on likelihood of being hit. Sandbags and embrasures are equally ineffective. The lack of sounds to verify they've taken a shot and the lethality I feel are either bugged or need serious addressing. I save-scum because I simply do not think tactics are enough to deal with this threat.

The mod does calculate hit locations on pawns properly; that said, someone behind a sandbag or embrasure has their lower body obscured.  For the shots that do hit are more frequently head or chest.  The sounds themselves haven't changed from vanilla at all for the blaster.

When fighting centipedes, I use HEAT RPGs, KPVs with AP rounds, 90mm EMP shells, and AGS-30 with EMP grenades.  When I have a ship part crash, I'll set up a L-shaped ambush.  In it, I'll include as many manned and auto turrets as possible.  This is often 6 or 7 manned turrets and 8 or 10 manned turrets (plus a 90mm cannon).  Centipedes are just too dangerous to allow them to live long enough to shot.

Lastly, when using manned turrets, I often (when available) equip a personal shield to the gunner pawn.  It doesn't stop them from using the turret but keeps them alive.  It's very effective overall.

Lupin III

So I'm using CE guns as the only gun mod, because it is recommended for the additional special weapons. The problem I have with that is I have no f*** clue what all the guns are by their name. I mean, I may have heard of an M16 or AK-47, but for all the rest I always (when manufaturing, equipping, selling...) have to call up the info page to see what it actually is. Is there a similar mod that just calls the guns "pistol", "shotgun", "assault rifle" and so on as they are in vanilla (but with CE intended stats) and adds the additional weapons like anti ttank rifles as well?

rambo

You can look at the description of the gun to know what it it

Lupin III

Quote from: rambo on August 15, 2017, 09:30:18 AM
You can look at the description of the gun to know what it it
If you read my comment, that's what I have to do and is exactly the annoying part. If a pistol would just be called "pistol" instead of "M1911" I would not have to do that.