[1.0] Combat Extended - 1.8.2 CE Melee released (17.11.2019)

Started by NoImageAvailable, June 09, 2017, 04:13:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fatm3l

Yeaahh CE should be a part of the game. Its much better than the vanilla combat system

whoishigh

Quote from: fatm3l on December 06, 2017, 11:50:04 AM
Yeaahh CE should be a part of the game. Its much better than the vanilla combat system

That's for sure - vanilla combat is a joke!

razedtearz

Can't even play the game anymore.... without Combat Extended (Realism)... combat is just awful... I'm guessing the people who can, haven't ever used this mod... :P Thanks for the hard work on this mod, it's the most essential... wish someone would bring back the inventory mod from A12 though, lol

Ozymandias

Ahh...son of a shit. I forgot this required a new save. Bah, I wasn't enjoying my current game anyways. I'll wait until this has been updated.

Edit: Does anyone have any idea when that may be?

Maeyanie

Not sure if even the authors know, but they are making progress. Every few days there's another round of commits on github.

NoImageAvailable

A first unstable B18 port is now available on GitHub. Keep in mind this build contains a number of experimental new features and balance adjustments as well as the port, none of which has been tested beyond basic functionality. Expect bugs and balance issues if you use this version.
"The power of friendship destroyed the jellyfish."

Malacai

Great timing, was just about to start a new colony. I assume the new build is not yet compatible with any mods that add new animals or clothing?

Edit: Seems like your About.xml still has the old version number

NoImageAvailable

New unstable release available on GitHub, bringing fixes for a couple critical bugs.

Quote from: Malacai on December 13, 2017, 12:14:59 PM
Great timing, was just about to start a new colony. I assume the new build is not yet compatible with any mods that add new animals or clothing?

Clothing mods have always been compatible (although some might need bulk stats added, the big ones were already supported and continue to be so)

Epishade

Hello!  Have a bug to report.

One of my guys was holding a shield and a knife.  I told him to pick up and hold some frag grenades in his inventory which was fine.  When a raid occurred, I moved him closer and had him equip the grenades which is when he completely broke down.  He was drafted and couldn't do anything.  Couldn't click him anywhere and bugged up being able to select the other colonists via their portraits or clicking on them as well.  He had the grenades and the shield equipped at the same time, which seemed to screw him up.  The raiders just walked right up to him and started wailing on him and he didn't do anything to fight back.

Epishade

Upon further testing, it doesn't appear that frag grenades work regardless of if there's a shield or not.  Just equipping them breaks the pawn.

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: Epishade on December 15, 2017, 06:06:28 AM
Upon further testing, it doesn't appear that frag grenades work regardless of if there's a shield or not.  Just equipping them breaks the pawn.

Sounds like you're on the old version

LAWolves

Epishade

Ah, I hadn't downloaded from github before.  Looks like I clicked on the wrong link.  No worries then :)

Epishade

Ok, so I've switched to the new version.  Have a new bug where my pawns' clothes disappear when they get attacked.  I've tested by drafting my pawns and just ordering them to attack some random animals on the map and most of the time, on being hit, they lose their clothing.

Thanks again!