[1.0] Combat Extended - 1.8.2 CE Melee released (17.11.2019)

Started by NoImageAvailable, June 09, 2017, 04:13:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dyzmatic

I'm more than willingly to patch anything for Combat Extended but I have no experience in C++ or coding...but I bet it's only moderately more complicated than copying and pasting weapon values, ammo types, and armor resistances or bulk/mass modifiers...if someone could show me how, i'd be more than willing to spend my weekends patching stuff to make CE more enjoyable and have more variation for everyone. I mean by patching, I would make other mods compatible like RT or Rimmu-Nation.

thank you

ptx

Quote from: dyzmatic on June 09, 2018, 05:22:46 PM
I'm more than willingly to patch anything for Combat Extended but I have no experience in C++ or coding...but I bet it's only moderately more complicated than copying and pasting weapon values, ammo types, and armor resistances or bulk/mass modifiers...if someone could show me how, i'd be more than willing to spend my weekends patching stuff to make CE more enjoyable and have more variation for everyone. I mean by patching, I would make other mods compatible like RT or Rimmu-Nation.

thank you

It's just xml files, you can read it easily.
Get an XML editor, pick one from google.

https://github.com/NoImageAvailable/CombatExtended/wiki
the wiki also links to several spreadsheets useful for conversion, mainly bullets & guns.

Vanilla cloths, animals & weapons, Core patches inside CombatExtended/Patches & Core files. This is the main reference, since it's vanilla patching.
Clothing patches, just compare between FashionRIMsta & apparello patches inside the same folder & the mod itself, mostly just removing movement buffs.
Ammo wants to be inside ammo folder.
Some mods, like GlitterTech is really large. Good Luck patching it.

Nightinggale's modcheck explanations on Saebbi's patches page & ModCheck page, for faster patching. https://github.com/Nightinggale/ModCheck/wiki

WolfCaptain Blade

Perhaps I missed it but is there a way to switch back to a long range weapon after combat or is that done only manually? For example, I have a pawn with an m16 and a p7. After switching to the P7 he doesn't switch back after. Does it happen if combat happens and an enemy is out of range of his p7?

Ixenzo

Is there a table with all the different ammo types with their stats somewhere? I know that AP is armor piercing that does reduced damage, HP is hollow point which does increased damage to unarmored targets but very little to armored ones, and FMJ is the middle of the two. Are there any actual numbers in an easily accessed form?

And another thing is that while I know AP vs FMJ vs HP, I have no idea what those shotgun shells do, for example, and, again, their stats. Googling IRL stuff is one thing, but I'm using the in-game representations of them with specific stats.

makute

Quote from: WolfCaptain Blade on June 09, 2018, 07:35:57 PM
Perhaps I missed it but is there a way to switch back to a long range weapon after combat or is that done only manually? For example, I have a pawn with an m16 and a p7. After switching to the P7 he doesn't switch back after. Does it happen if combat happens and an enemy is out of range of his p7?
I noticed this too, and like to know aswell.

dareddevil7

I'd like to make the suggestion that you move the flak vest to the tailoring bench due to the fact it is made entirely of fabric

NoImageAvailable

Not sure what you're talking about, CE doesn't switch between short/long range weapons
"The power of friendship destroyed the jellyfish."

WolfCaptain Blade

Quote from: NoImageAvailable on June 10, 2018, 02:07:56 PM

Not sure what you're talking about, CE doesn't switch between short/long range weapons

So this is strictly side arms mod that does this? I brought it here because CE heavily intigrated it but i suppose it makes sense that it is the other mod that controls it.

projectew

NoImageAvailable, I wanted to say that you've made a great mod that I can't live without! I also use the Giddy-Up! series of mods for mounted battles, and as I'm sure you've heard of the incompatibility between the two mods (mounted soldiers often shoot their mounts), I wanted to ask if you could, at least as a temporary compatibility patch, disable riders' projectiles from being able to hurt their mounts? I know it's a little out of your way to support compatibility with other mods, especially ones adding behavior as complex as mounted fighting, but it seems like a fairly quick fix that would alleviate a rather large incompatibility. Thanks for what you do!

Kori

Quote from: projectew on June 11, 2018, 09:32:45 PM
NoImageAvailable, I wanted to say that you've made a great mod that I can't live without! I also use the Giddy-Up! series of mods for mounted battles, and as I'm sure you've heard of the incompatibility between the two mods (mounted soldiers often shoot their mounts), I wanted to ask if you could, at least as a temporary compatibility patch, disable riders' projectiles from being able to hurt their mounts? I know it's a little out of your way to support compatibility with other mods, especially ones adding behavior as complex as mounted fighting, but it seems like a fairly quick fix that would alleviate a rather large incompatibility. Thanks for what you do!

I would like to second that.

Ser Kitteh

question: I have CE installed but for some reason my medics dont take out the meds out of their inventory to heal others, they go to the shelf stockpile. any idea why?

I have the Third Age stuff installed plus Pharmacist.

Ixenzo

Quote from: Ser Kitteh on June 12, 2018, 12:06:18 PM
question: I have CE installed but for some reason my medics dont take out the meds out of their inventory to heal others, they go to the shelf stockpile. any idea why?

I have the Third Age stuff installed plus Pharmacist.

You need the Smart Medicine mod for that.

Ser Kitteh

Ah, so having medicine on my person doesn't really do anything in regards to CE? Good to know.

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: Ser Kitteh on June 12, 2018, 10:19:40 PM
Ah, so having medicine on my person doesn't really do anything in regards to CE? Good to know.

It let's you stabilize people which is essential if you want them to survive gunfights.
"The power of friendship destroyed the jellyfish."

ptx

@NoImageAvailable any plan to migrate to ModCheck, I heard it loads faster, since there are a lot of patches included in CE itself.