RimWorld change log

Started by Tynan, May 02, 2014, 01:40:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Regret

Quote from: TLHeart on May 13, 2015, 06:17:11 PM
Quote from: ZestyLemons on May 13, 2015, 02:15:02 PM
Quote from: TLHeart on May 12, 2015, 06:27:22 PM
Quote from: Headshotkill on May 12, 2015, 05:21:27 PM
I feel as if next update will be one of the most game changing addition to date, and it will also mark the end of the killbox-era.
nothing a programmer can do to stop kill boxes... they are part of war, and survival...

Now if you mean the end of the auto, colonists do nothing kill box, that will be changed.

I'm kinda confused when you say "they are part of war and survival". I don't think kill boxes are a thing in real life.
yes kill boxs have been a part of real life since man began fighting... a kill box is a zone, where the attackers are targeted from many positions at once, with little chance to fight back....

Now the automated kill boxes of rim world with the turrets, that is a different story, and one that could be defeated by an AI that would look to disable the power.

But there will still be players that insist on hiding behind an automated kill box, and just keep throwing resources at it, over and over and over.. And if that is how they want to play the game, so be it.  I prefer other approaches to defense, but they all involve kill zones, where I try and have the advantage.

Fixed that for you.

SlimeCrusher

Why are people so angry because sappers will ruin killboxes? I started playing at Alpha 1, yet i've never really created a killbox in front of my door. I feel like instead of being a strategy, they're an exploit.
Sappers will just add an extra challenge, so you can't just win the game by building a killbox, you'll have to build an extra defence line too. It's still going to be possible to defeat virtually any target you come by, by it will be harder, like Tynan said  :P

ZestyLemons

I think people welcome the challenge actually. I've been pretty fascinated with AI that learns from its mistakes.
Help out with the wiki!

Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Divaya/
Wiki: http://rimworldwiki.com/wiki/User:Zesty

Feel free to contact me about wiki questions or wiki admin stuff.

Raufgar

QuoteMay 15 - Raiders opportunistically burn crops (but not if it�s raining on them).
Ooooo, evullll.... 

QuoteMay 15 - We no longer allow setting central cells of large unwalkable buildings on fire.
Finally! No more watching helplessly as your big and expensive generator went up in smoke!

QuoteMay 16 - You can now perform surgeries on non-prisoner guests.
"Sit back Ms. Fields. This will only take a moment. You're lucky we found you, you were almost gone!"

"Ohhhh, thank you young man! After those raiders came, I thought I was a goner!"

"You're most welcome. Now you'll feel a light pinch." <Guest is now asleep> "Right. Think we'll get a good liver this time? The last one bled out while we were removing his spleen."
Don't be afraid to voice your opinions...

The worse thing that can happen to you is that you'll get your ass capped.

Wolfen Waffle

Tynan save us!
The site is under attack!

StorymasterQ

Quote from: Wolfen Waffle on May 18, 2015, 02:14:01 AM
Tynan save us!
The site is under attack!

Yah, I actually vocalized "Wowza" when I looked at my Unread Posts. I ain't clicking any of that.
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

Panzer

QuoteMay 16 - You can now perform surgeries on non-prisoner guests.

Now, now, a kidney and a lung is a fair price for a pegleg, isnt it :D

skullywag

isnt the visiting party likely to want to kick your butt for doing that? thats almost instant medic death surely?
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

milon

It might be useful for the game to track what's beneficial or not, and influence faction relations accordingly.

silenced

Now ... with sappers avoiding turrets, and remotely controllable autodoors ... isn't it quite close to make killboxes with turrets behind autodoors? Trap them in, close the outer doors, open the turret-doors. Overkill?
... what is a drop of rain, compared to the storm? ... what is a thought, compared to the mind? ... our unity is full of wonder which your tiny individualism cannot even conceive ...

TrashMan

Quote from: amul on May 06, 2015, 02:15:59 AM
QuoteReworked wolfpack event and applies it to all biomes. Wolves will arrive, stalk around looking for non-animal prey for several days (not passing doors), then leave.

This makes me ecstatic.

Don't like it.
Why are wolves always the evil man-eating monsters?
Just make RimWolves a normal predator.
Make up something fiercer and bigger that realistialy might go after humans ...like RimLions or chupacabras or something.

I hope I can edit this event out

TrashMan

Quote from: Asfalto on April 28, 2015, 09:50:13 AM
Actually i am trying now alpha10, and the joy mechanics simply removes the joy from me.
Plus: seeing the colonists go to bed and pray makes me feel like they are some stupid kids, as i did say my prayer when i was like 6 years old, but then you know, one grows up (should)
Plus: i was not a space colonist from the future.

Horrible mechanic, not needed.

First disappointment i get from this game that i LOVE.
But this, no.

Actually I am trying now Humanity v3.10402567070, and the close-mindednes mechanics simply removes the joy from me.
Plus: seeing people go to the internet and complain about other peoples beliefs IN A GAME makes me feel like they are some stupid kids, as I did argue on the internet when I was like 6 years old, but then you know, one grows up (should)

Wolfen Waffle

Quote from: TrashMan on May 18, 2015, 11:04:33 AM
Quote from: amul on May 06, 2015, 02:15:59 AM
QuoteReworked wolfpack event and applies it to all biomes. Wolves will arrive, stalk around looking for non-animal prey for several days (not passing doors), then leave.

This makes me ecstatic.

Don't like it.
Why are wolves always the evil man-eating monsters?
Just make RimWolves a normal predator.
Make up something fiercer and bigger that realistialy might go after humans ...like RimLions or chupacabras or something.

I hope I can edit this event out

Because wolves = evil
Also, they are really racist, incredibly cruel, and allied with the devil, and vote republican

Kegereneku

I should have reacted to that long ago.

Why make them attack only non-animal prey ?
I'm sure there's must be a balanced way to make them also hunt when they are hungry without killing all the Fauna and while keeping the Wolves close by.

If memory serve, one muffalo should easily feed a pack of wolf for several day.
"Sam Starfall joined your colony"
"Sam Starfall left your colony with all your valuable"
-------
Write an Event
[Story] Write an ending ! (endless included)
[Story] Imagine a Storyteller !

TLHeart

May 18

Violating guests with surgery now angers their faction. Added warning for this.

Thanks tynan, it should anger them if you harvest body parts, before releasing them.