RimWorld change log

Started by Tynan, May 02, 2014, 01:40:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: Tobias
Anti-Killbox Update?
Well, looks like 10f is the final rimworld version I am going to play.... :-(

It just means you need to be smarter about your defences.

I generally always play on mountains so I have a large stock raw resources and secondarily, so I can tunnel in.  Let them "sap" the mountain, if they want in it's either tunnelling or "through the barrel."

Bunkers have always been and always will be the best line of defence and there is no real means short of mass-swams to change that.  A good defensive installation should by design be able to hold off an attack from far superior numbers.  That's the point of defensive installations.

That being said, I can't wait to see the raids become smarter without being broken (the idle-attackers bug comes to mind).  I am a little excited to see a couple sappers work on my sally ports trying to create a breach.

Keep up the great work Tynan, adding Joy in Alpha 10 was great, traps for Alpha 11, this game gets better each release.
(2*b)||!(2*b) - That is the question.
There are 10 kinds of people in this world - those that understand binary and those that don't.

Powered By

Elixiar

Quote from: Tobias on June 06, 2015, 09:12:24 AM
Anti-Killbox Update?
Well, looks like 10f is the final rimworld version I am going to play.... :-(

Phoebe Base-builder?
"We didn't crash here by accident... something brought us down". - Anon Rimworld Colonist

SSS

Quote from: nmid on June 06, 2015, 11:11:16 AM
3 main things in the changeover to a11..
1. zones
2. sappers
3. The misc tuning and bug fixes will make the game more enjoyable to play, I hope!

Are we forgetting the toxic fallout and volcanic winter incidents so easily? They sounded really cool to me. o.o

Tynan

I forgot to mention on that change list txt - ice sheet biome is playable :D
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

jega

Quote from: Tynan on June 07, 2015, 12:53:00 AM
I forgot to mention on that change list txt - ice sheet biome is playable :D
Nice

nmid

Quote from: SSS on June 06, 2015, 10:19:05 PM
Quote from: nmid on June 06, 2015, 11:11:16 AM
3 main things in the changeover to a11..
1. zones
2. sappers
3. The misc tuning and bug fixes will make the game more enjoyable to play, I hope!

Are we forgetting the toxic fallout and volcanic winter incidents so easily? They sounded really cool to me. o.o

They will be fun, incidents might be fun to experience.. but if I had to think of the top3 changes, then sappers will always be a more frequent occurrence.
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. StorymasterQ

Wild Card

So does this mean A11 is incoming ? ;D

Adamiks

Quote from: Wild Card on June 07, 2015, 05:34:10 AM
So does this mean A11 is incoming ? ;D

I think so. No updates for past 4 days and Tynan is looking at Bugs forum.

Tynan was working for past 4 days :/

Wild Card

Play2Jens

Tynan

Not tomorrow.

There are further bugs to fix, I'm afraid.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Jimyoda

Renamed home/snow clear/no roof regions to areas for consistency.
Home Zone > changed to Home Region > changed to Home Area... Wiki is crying uncle.
Quote from: Rahjital on July 09, 2015, 03:09:55 PM
"I don't like that farmers chop people up."

Obviously she has already played Rimworld :P

Read the wiki. Edit the wiki. Let the wiki be your guide.
http://rimworldwiki.com/

Dr. Z

What's ment by doors can no longer opened manually? PLease that was the best feature so far.
Prasie the Squirrel!

Adamiks

Quote from: Dr. Z on June 08, 2015, 03:49:01 PM
What's ment by doors can no longer opened manually? PLease that was the best feature so far.

QuoteAutodoors can no longer be opened/closed remotely (too exploitable). They can still be held open or closed, you just need a colonist to do it.

In fact it's logicial. For example autodoors in supermarket will open only when someone is coming, you can't just make autodoor being open all the time not doing anything to it.

BUT i think that there should be another doors for this or/and some control computer for these new/old autodoors.

TLHeart

just like power switches, and turning the power on and off, you can designate it to be done, but a colonists does the actual work.  No reaching down with your god hand and opening and closing doors.