RimWorld change log

Started by Tynan, May 02, 2014, 01:40:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tynan

Quote from: TLHeart on June 08, 2015, 04:33:05 PM
just like power switches, and turning the power on and off, you can designate it to be done, but a colonists does the actual work.  No reaching down with your god hand and opening and closing doors.

Yeah it was just too easy to break up raids into tiny pieces using simple, cheap arrays of doors.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Produno

Carrying on from a previous suggestion a couple of posts back. It would be cool if we could research a computer terminal, that would allow us remote control of anything on the 'grid' if a person is operating it. Or you could make it so two poeple have to operate it.

falcongrey

Quote from: Produno on June 09, 2015, 07:48:09 PM
Carrying on from a previous suggestion a couple of posts back. It would be cool if we could research a computer terminal, that would allow us remote control of anything on the 'grid' if a person is operating it. Or you could make it so two poeple have to operate it.

A power control and regulation computer would be really cool. You would need to install power 'control nodes' that would respond to the computer and when you make adjustments to the power flow, like the switches, a colonest must go to the computer and spend time making the changes. This would be REALLY wonderful if added to research and addition wireless power distribution was added to  this as well. Using the computer to then designate how much power each 'wireless transmitted' would transmit as well as how much the receiving one would receive or linking recivers to transmiters, ect... .

edit: I think we are turning the 'change log' into a 'suggestions log' and may be better to move this idea into the 'suggestion' forums so Tynan only has 1 place to look for them! :D
It matters not if we win or fail. It's that we stood and faced it.

Tynan

Yeah, falcongrey is right, ideas really should go in Suggestions please. Perhaps in the "cheap ideas" thread.

Goo Poni

Automatic doors no longer autonomous. K.
Colonies can now become Pompeii. Whaddaya mean you didn't see that volcano bellowing immense pyroclastic flows as you casually choose where you smash into the ground on the way down from orbit? K.
Oh, btw, we are also enriching the mountain base experience to make for more authentic Vaults. Random generic nuclear fallout! Fun for all the family. Think of all the extra work you'll do with that third arm! Health implications? What? Nah, you'll be fine! K.

I haven't looked at the changelog since news of sappers but much of this is just "lolk, I didn't want happy, healthy colonists anyway." I wanted them dead, preferably horribly mutilated first. They're just so much more agreeable like that. They don't lose their minds over seeing a dead guy who wanted a pound of flesh a few moments ago. They just sit and relax, take in the night sky.

EDIT:
So how long till those plasteel/concrete laminate walls with rebar sunk 40ft into the earth to discourage tunnelers and bombers? We don't get those around here? Huh...

Tobias

Quote from: 1000101 on June 06, 2015, 06:30:26 PM
It just means you need to be smarter about your defences.

I don't want to be smarter about my defences because the combat system really annoys me.
I already play on Phoebe Base-builder because of that, and that's more than enough combat for me.

Cimanyd

Quote from: Tynan on June 08, 2015, 08:59:45 PM
Yeah it was just too easy to break up raids into tiny pieces using simple, cheap arrays of doors.

Not only does the A11 video show autodoors that still open themselves... but you actually use this tactic in the video. :P
Some sort of psychic wave has swept over the landscape. Your colonists are okay, but...
It seems many of the scythers in the area have been driven insane.

Tynan

Yeah I thought I put up an annotation on the video to correct that. I had to go apply it though, should be up now.

falcongrey

Quote from: Tobias on June 10, 2015, 01:07:50 PM
I don't want to be smarter about my defences because the combat system really annoys me.

This rather caught my curiosity. What about the combat system annoys you? :o
It matters not if we win or fail. It's that we stood and faced it.

Wild Card

My first alpha release. Boy this is exciting! :)
Congrats on the release :) can`t wait to play it

skyarkhangel

Quote from: Tynan on June 09, 2015, 09:30:30 PM

Hy, Tynan. Why Wargs textures like Rimwolf?
Let's make this real black angry Wargs!  :D

[attachment deleted due to age]

Tynan

I should separate wolves and wargs, really.

skyarkhangel

Quote from: Tynan on June 10, 2015, 10:16:44 PM
I should separate wolves and wargs, really.

updated the textures. Fix size and add contour. You can take them  :)
They are a little bigger in size than wolves and have more fearful muzzle.

nmid

Quote from: falcongrey on June 10, 2015, 04:22:53 PM
Quote from: Tobias on June 10, 2015, 01:07:50 PM

This rather caught my curiosity. What about the combat system annoys you? :o

Sometimes we want to just city build, are slow builders and are min-maxers.
When a war/attack happens, we can handle it, but organising all that loot, drop, dead bodies makes us go very annoyed... and we obviously can't let it go to waste.. but if we do, our regular base building goes for a toss...

So yea.. Phobe base building regular for 1 year, then change difficulties to have a few attacks and then back to base building, lol.

(ps - I know that's not the concept of a raid, getting raided when you want, but meh.. the regular raids seem to happen too often when I want to base build and too infrequently when I want to fight).
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. StorymasterQ

StorymasterQ

Wargs are just frustrated Wolves. Like, "WAAARG."
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here