RimWorld change log

Started by Tynan, May 02, 2014, 01:40:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elixiar

Don't want to die?
Lower difficulty.

Want to survive but not lower difficulty?
Accept that the colony will eventually fall and build stasis pods and a ship.

Can someone explain to me why people complain about combat if they have it active? Base builder is there if you want it but don't complain the combat gets people killed and bases destroyed...

What drove you to buy the game in the first place if you don't like half of the identity?
I don't mean offence to anyone I would just like to understand.
It's kind of like FTL being famous for being a really hard rogue-like. The challenge of it getting sales,
Then complaining the game is too random and difficult. :/
"We didn't crash here by accident... something brought us down". - Anon Rimworld Colonist

Asero

Quote from: Elixiar on June 14, 2015, 05:52:14 PM
What drove you to buy the game in the first place if you don't like half of the identity?

Different people play games for different reasons. Not everyone wants to face a hardcore challenge every single game they play (where others lives for it of course :)

I played FTL and completed it myself several times, even have mods to make it more difficult and still enjoyed the challenge. On the other hand when I play Mass Effect or even Skyrim I play on easy since I'm hardly interested in getting killed every second turn. I play it for the story, the visual environment rather than the challenge.

But you are right of course, even if your post came across as little offensive. Rimworld is not for the faint of heart I suppose. I think people have too many expectations of what they want it to be, and cant accept that Rimworld is based in a very harsh reality, telling a story of a few colonists struggle for survival against all possible odds. And eventually having no choice but to pack up and leave.

If you can't accept that, then yes, maybe this game isn't for you.

falcongrey

Quote from: Asero on June 14, 2015, 08:43:33 PM

Different people play games for different reasons. Not everyone wants to face a hardcore challenge every single game they play (where others lives for it of course :)

I played FTL and completed it myself several times, even have mods to make it more difficult and still enjoyed the challenge. On the other hand when I play Mass Effect or even Skyrim I play on easy since I'm hardly interested in getting killed every second turn. I play it for the story, the visual environment rather than the challenge.

But you are right of course, even if your post came across as little offensive. Rimworld is not for the faint of heart I suppose. I think people have too many expectations of what they want it to be, and cant accept that Rimworld is based in a very harsh reality, telling a story of a few colonists struggle for survival against all possible odds. And eventually having no choice but to pack up and leave.

If you can't accept that, then yes, maybe this game isn't for you.

I personally like the challenge of the game when you get a seige. It's not the seige that usually wipes me out, it is the injuries and sickness that follows. I survived this one with only 1 loss. Next time i may not be so lucky. The goal to me is to see just HOW long you survive before the game kills you. But then, that IS the object of this game isn't it?
It matters not if we win or fail. It's that we stood and faced it.

Bob_Namg

Don't want to die?
Lower difficulty.

Want to survive but not lower difficulty?
Accept that the colony will eventually fall and build stasis pods and a ship.

Can someone explain to me why people complain about combat if they have it active? Base builder is there if you want it but don't complain the combat gets people killed and bases destroyed...

It's kind of like FTL being famous for being a really hard rogue-like. The challenge of it getting sales,
Then complaining the game is too random and difficult. :/
I have no problem with the difficulty, it's just that the game isn't fleshed out in some avenues (like lacking the ability for colonists to heal themselves, of course with difficulty if they're not a doctor or something; it would allow for suicidal iron man runs of the games and prevent colonies from dying after your only colonist gets scratched by a squirrel lol), which is also not a problem since the game is really fucking good and sophisticated as it is. If Tynan stopped developing right at this moment, I'd still have a fun, challenging game to toy with.

I'm not really saying that to suck Tynan off, like I said, he has yet to expound a multitude of features upon the game so maybe next year it'll be a first person colony shooter or some weird shit, but like I figure he won't fuck Rimworld up I also haven't seen many people (except kiddies in the suggestion subforums sometimes) complain about the combat system without admitting they play on builder mode to avoid these altercations.

Whatever am I even on about, I come to this thread to read the changelog so I should probably just drop it, whatever it is.
"Hon hon hon"
-Anonymous, France

Cpt. DuctTape

Noobshock

I'm still eagerly anticipating void gods etc.

Praeses

Working on steam integration... :D

harpo99999

now WHY would someone WANT to ADD heat to  a computer, unless they  live in a part of the world where it is freezing all the time????

RickyMartini

Quote from: Praeses on June 20, 2015, 05:44:44 AM
Working on steam integration... :D

That means nothing, sadly.

Kegereneku

Quote from: harpo99999 on June 20, 2015, 06:08:47 AM
now WHY would someone WANT to ADD heat to  a computer, unless they  live in a part of the world where it is freezing all the time????

I don't know for you but my computer is so old it actually run on steam.
(Still on XP)
"Sam Starfall joined your colony"
"Sam Starfall left your colony with all your valuable"
-------
Write an Event
[Story] Write an ending ! (endless included)
[Story] Imagine a Storyteller !

Jstank

"Working on steam integration  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Lions and tigers and bears...

The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

- Bernard of Clairvaux

harpo99999

Quote from: Kegereneku on June 20, 2015, 09:14:49 AM
Quote from: harpo99999 on June 20, 2015, 06:08:47 AM

I don't know for you but my computer is so old it actually run on steam.
(Still on XP)
so you have a RECENT machine, I have two win95osr2.1, two win98se two winxp (one 64 bit one x86) one vista, six win7 and one with winx dp, and then there are my two OLD machines that run in cassette

Coenmcj

oh my. Now those are some old machines.
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

Kegereneku

Quote from: harpo99999 on June 20, 2015, 07:22:39 PM
so you have a RECENT machine, I have two win95osr2.1, two win98se two winxp (one 64 bit one x86) one vista, six win7 and one with winx dp, and then there are my two OLD machines that run in cassette

Some time ago I still had a working computer running on Windows 3.11. I played Flight Simulator 4 on it, a 'recent' Prince of Persia, and a 3D Formula GP on floppydisk, as well as a stunt care game The ultimate Ancestor of Trackmania with circuit-editor.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CITIXlw_T4
Still I know those game that played on cassette.
"Sam Starfall joined your colony"
"Sam Starfall left your colony with all your valuable"
-------
Write an Event
[Story] Write an ending ! (endless included)
[Story] Imagine a Storyteller !

TLHeart

Adjusted a bunch of sound volumes, added medicine used sound, reorganized sound files.

I sure hope weather sounds have their own volume, thunderstorms and wind are just too loud.