RimWorld change log

Started by Tynan, May 02, 2014, 01:40:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

b0rsuk

Quote from: pestilenz on July 27, 2015, 01:53:34 PM

This will be the start of my Swedish Hippie Colony guarded by horses, apes and chinchillas!

I've been thinking about playing an Islam-powered colony with full sharia law. Note I'm not a muslim.

Fun hour five times a day. No fun facilities to maximize the chance they go to their rooms to meditate or pray (it would be easier to do if there were temporary allowed zones). No beer ever.

skullywag

New squirrel graphics???

I dont even know how to react...
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Tumuel

Quote from: skullywag on July 29, 2015, 01:30:38 PM
New squirrel graphics???

I dont even know how to react...

Of all the things we thought the game needed, this is the thing it really deserved.
*start dramatic music, flags of whatever countries still exist in the year 5500 green-screened in the background*
It is more than just a "misc adjustment", more than a mere new texture, this is the cutting edge of modern rendering technology.
To anyone who says "but you have not even seen it yet..."
Humbug!Don't ask what new squirrel graphics can do for you, what can you do for the new squirrel graphics.................
*cut to a montage of squirrels doing dramatic things*

CheeseGromit

Quote from: MarvinKosh on July 28, 2015, 03:23:11 PM
OMG I'm so excited about the next update just looking at the change log! :D

Agreed, it's probably the most exciting update in the time I've been playing Rimworld. I am mentally preparing myself for the possibility of it not being released until 2016 though.

Jstank

While we are updating the squirrels could we get an update on the research table...

The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

- Bernard of Clairvaux

Tynan

Quote from: Jstank on July 29, 2015, 11:31:30 PM
While we are updating the squirrels could we get an update on the research table...

Yeah; that is on my todo for sure.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Jstank

Quote from: Tynan on July 29, 2015, 11:45:39 PM
Quote from: Jstank on July 29, 2015, 11:31:30 PM

Yeah; that is on my todo for sure.

..... Tynan your customer service is impeccable
The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

- Bernard of Clairvaux

Segrog

Please let us name animals so I can name my chinchilla pet Shamrock and then have it die a day after getting it so then I can get a new one and name it Shammy, just like in real life ); rip in peace Shamrock.

Play2Jens

Quote from: Segrog on July 30, 2015, 12:23:03 AM
Please let us name animals so I can name my chinchilla pet Shamrock and then have it die a day after getting it so then I can get a new one and name it Shammy, just like in real life ); rip in peace Shamrock.
I believe that's already possible. Animals gets names like "Dog 1", " dog2", ... But you can change them

Tynan

Quote from: Play2Jens on July 30, 2015, 02:30:33 PM
Quote from: Segrog on July 30, 2015, 12:23:03 AM
I believe that's already possible. Animals gets names like "Dog 1", " dog2", ... But you can change them

You can't change them, but the colonists can. It's all in the changelog!

RenoTheCorgi

How many copies of the game do I need to buy to get Corgi's added to the list of dogs that will be added?

Btw. This is my first post and your game is incredible. I've sunk more time into this game that most AAA titles that get released.

-Ron

userfredle

Heart attacks? damn tynan getting real with it, gonna be hilarious watching an 87 year old raider spazm outside my gates

Tynan

Quote from: RenoTheCorgi on July 30, 2015, 04:26:10 PM
How many copies of the game do I need to buy to get Corgi's added to the list of dogs that will be added?

Btw. This is my first post and your game is incredible. I've sunk more time into this game that most AAA titles that get released.

-Ron

Lol! I've never interacted with a corgi but I still find them hilarious. Maybe we'll get one in. Anyway, thanks all around :)

CB elite

Quote from: userfredle on July 30, 2015, 04:28:43 PM
Heart attacks? damn tynan getting real with it, gonna be hilarious watching an 87 year old raider spazm outside my gates

Curious if heart attacks are something we can react to or not :o
I can imagine a colonist just dropping dead from a heart attack, which is fine.
But, I think it would be interesting to see heart attacks as an incredibly fast, staged medical condition; pain>unconscious>dead within a few in-game hours

The health system is by far my favorite part of this game :3

Love the progress you've made/are making with this game, Tynan :D

Tynan

Currently the heart attacks just randomly skip forward and backward, possibly killing the patient, possibly not. I have a task to make them treatable so you can improve the survival chances (though of course, there are no guarantees).

I'm also writing code so animals use all these old-age diseases and heart attacks and such.