RimWorld change log

Started by Tynan, May 02, 2014, 01:40:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coenmcj

Quote from: christhekiller on January 02, 2015, 03:34:24 AM
QuoteStarted work on automatic generation of colonies.

!!!? Does this mean what I think it means? Could we one day actually visit NPC colonies?

Well wasn't this an unexpected surprise! I can't wait until alpha nine testing commences!
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

Dr. Z

QuotePawns will now do a local prioritized search for food before switching to global prioritized search. So theyââ,¬â,,¢ll eat a bad meal in the base before crossing the map to get a tasty one.

So THAT was the reason for all the fireworks on the 31st. I already thought I would've missed something important.
Prasie the Squirrel!

Stannis

An AI generated colony would allow for something other then military defense against raids,

players would have a target for an offensive raid, either on the same map or moving to other maps in the same world.

milon

Quote from: Tynan on January 02, 2015, 01:36:01 AM
Quote from: Ye olde Change log!Pawns will now do a local prioritized search for food before switching to global prioritized search. So they'll eat a bad meal in the base before crossing the map to get a tasty one.
-snip-

It traverses the region graph, which means it more-or-less follows paths, for the small initial search.

Could the traverse-the-region-graph please be added to the other jobs?  I always seem to have a stonecutter who ignores the nearby rock dump pile in favor of the "closer" (as the crow files) stray rock chunk which requires walking all around the base to get to.

EDIT:
Quote from: ChangelogStarted work on automatic generation of colonies for performance and other testing.

It says it's for testing.  I wouldn't hold my breath (yet!) for the ability to visit any of them.  That may be a Tynan-only feature at this point.  ;)

giannikampa

"    Hunters will now take breaks if they�re failing to kill anything."

i don't know how this has been solved and if it affects only the hunters but when a colonist has lifesaving needs and still keeps doing something else instead (huting, doctoring, repairing or whatever) I:
- pause the game
- open the work tab
- remove the job the colonist wants to do atm
- reassign the job as it was before
- unpause the game

this way he/she goes eat/sleep.
this is quite annoying to be done manually.
I think these steps can easily be coded to be automatic whitout interfering with the actual AI.
And as always.. sorry for my bad english

Cimanyd

Quote from: giannikampa on January 02, 2015, 01:48:46 PM
"    Hunters will now take breaks if they�re failing to kill anything."

i don't know how this has been solved and if it affects only the hunters but when a colonist has lifesaving needs and still keeps doing something else instead (huting, doctoring, repairing or whatever) I:
- pause the game
- open the work tab
- remove the job the colonist wants to do atm
- reassign the job as it was before
- unpause the game

this way he/she goes eat/sleep.
this is quite annoying to be done manually.
I think these steps can easily be coded to be automatic whitout interfering with the actual AI.

Eating and sleeping are already a higher priority than most things, so if a colonist is hungry (or it's night) and busy you can just draft and undraft them, which quickly stops what they're doing and lets them go to the current highest priority thing. Firefighting and some doctoring are a higher priority than eating, though, so you'll still need to follow the steps in your post for them.
Some sort of psychic wave has swept over the landscape. Your colonists are okay, but...
It seems many of the scythers in the area have been driven insane.

amul

Quote from: milon on January 02, 2015, 01:32:12 PM
Quote from: Ye olde Change log!Pawns will now do a local prioritized search for food before switching to global prioritized search. So they'll eat a bad meal in the base before crossing the map to get a tasty one.
-snip-

It traverses the region graph, which means it more-or-less follows paths, for the small initial search.

Could the traverse-the-region-graph please be added to the other jobs?  I always seem to have a stonecutter who ignores the nearby rock dump pile in favor of the "closer" (as the crow files) stray rock chunk which requires walking all around the base to get to.

This already exists. In the stonecutter's table (and many other production tables), examine the Bills Config tab. Bottom left corner is a slider bar for "search radius." Adjust it, and they won't take materials from any further than the specified radius.

christhekiller

Quote from: milon on January 02, 2015, 01:32:12 PM
-snip-

EDIT:
Quote from: ChangelogStarted work on automatic generation of colonies for performance and other testing.

It says it's for testing.  I wouldn't hold my breath (yet!) for the ability to visit any of them.  That may be a Tynan-only feature at this point.  ;)

I get that. But automatic generation of colonies is a step in that direction :P

Scotty

The_Haminator

Very happy to see AI optimization in changelog today! :) excited for A9

Coenmcj

Quote from: The log of ChangesJan 3
- AI optimization. Lots of AI optimization.
Jan 2
- Optimized power nets tick.
- Continued performance testing, optimization, and auto-test work.
Jan 1 2015
- Misc bugfixes and balance changes.
- Started work on automatic generation of colonies for performance and other testing.

Looks like there's going to be serious stress testing for the A9 Tester builds.

Dr. Z

QuoteAI optimization on hauling: a system that caches a list of items that need to be hauled (not forbidden, undesignated, or already in optimal storage).

I wonder whats the difference to the current system.
Prasie the Squirrel!

StorymasterQ

Quote from: Dr. Z on January 05, 2015, 01:55:37 PM
QuoteAI optimization on hauling: a system that caches a list of items that need to be hauled (not forbidden, undesignated, or already in optimal storage).

I wonder whats the difference to the current system.
Apparently,
    Massive gains have been achieved.
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

REMworlder

Coenmcj

We need a montage, MONTAAAAGE!