[1.0] Prepare Landing (v0.9.2)

Started by neitsa, July 22, 2017, 01:05:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

neitsa

PrepareLanding is a mod that allows players to carefully choose their landing site before actually starting their colony.

Choosing a landing site can be done by applying and using different set of filters, resulting in an unique combination of tiles, which are then highlighted on the world map.

See "Download" section for the Rimworld 1.0 download link.

As of v0.5 it is now possible to change tile characteristics on the world map (see God Mode feature).

Here's an overview of the main window (at least the first tab):

The mod is available during the "Select Landing Site" page (after you have created the world, but before you have started your colony) and also once in-game when you click the "World" button on the bottom menu bar.

It doesn't modify the save file, so you can add it / remove it whenever you want!

I made this mod to be able to find various combinations of tiles where to start my colonies, for example:

• Must be a Coastal tile
  • Must have the following stone types: Granite, Marble and maybe Slate
  • Must be in a Temperate Forest biome
  • Must have a growing period between 40 days and a year round period
  • May have a river

What's new?

What's new since the previous version: see this post on this thread or the changelog on Github.

Download

Download the latest release here on Github  or here on steam.

This mod depends on HugsLib by UnlimitedHugs (remember to put HugsLib before this mod in the mod list).

Older versions can be downloaded from Github.

Manual

Although the Mod is not very complicated to use, there's a manual here. I'd recommend at least to read the filtering page, just in case.

Feature requests (especially for new filters, but you decide) and bug reports are welcome :) If you have a github account, you can post them (not just issues) here.

License

Code is hosted on github under the MIT license.
Which means you can do whatever you want with this mod and its source as long as it sticks with the license:
- Mod pack: Yes
- Derivative work: Yes

edit reason: v0.9.2 (Rimworld 1.0 Stable) develop release.

Kryc8

Chais

Awesome! RimWorld is slowly becoming DwarfFortress :D

Sirsim

This is great, and with all the parameters needed for detailed search, thanks a lot.
True self and happiness lies in the space between two thoughts.

SpaceDorf

Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: Chais on July 22, 2017, 01:55:04 PM
Awesome! RimWorld is slowly becoming DwarfFortress :D

And so far, the good bits!

notfood

This is nice. No longer clicking each tile for that perfect place.

Oblitus

Can you add "only two stone types" filter? My OCD forbids me to make my base look like a tartan.

AngleWyrm

Thanks for making Rimworld a better place

Cheers, mate
My 5-point rating system: Yay, Kay, Meh, Erm, Bleh

kaptain_kavern

Dwarfy! I like it.

Thank you for the mod

Sebastian Cigar

"An error occured. Please see the "World Info" tab for an error description"
^ Ah, there we go, solved. The World info tab provides the output for terrain filtering attempts even if 0 were found. It's just that the "error" part of the message made me think it was a mod conflict or whatever. One might find this mod tricky to use if they're hungover  ;D

Plasmatic

Thank you! I requested something like this a while back. So thank you for making this come true!

(https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=33263.msg339034#msg339034) for those wondering

neitsa

Thank you very much to you all for your kind words and your feedbacks <3

Quote from: Oblitus on July 22, 2017, 07:07:51 PM
Can you add "only two stone types" filter? My OCD forbids me to make my base look like a tartan.

You mean something like "filter only tiles with only two stone types, whatever they are?", right?

Quote from: Sebastian Cigar on July 23, 2017, 01:07:07 AM
"An error occured. Please see the "World Info" tab for an error description"
^ Ah, there we go, solved. The World info tab provides the output for terrain filtering attempts even if 0 were found. It's just that the "error" part of the message made me think it was a mod conflict or whatever. One might find this mod tricky to use if they're hungover  ;D

You're right, this message is badly worded, I'll rewrite it :)

Sixdd

This looks fantastic, just what I was wanting in a site selection tool!

PixelBitZombie

Rimworld keeps crashing every time with this mod as soon as I try to generate the world.

Edit: The error was user related. it is now fixed.
"When logic and proportion have fallen sloppy dead
And the White Knight is talking backwards
And the Red Queen's off with her head"