[1.2] Sparkling Worlds - Glittertech on the Rim

Started by Albion, August 29, 2017, 10:09:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Albion

I just uploaded a new version with a slightly adjusted weapons cache pod event.
The amount of weapons dropped was reduced and so is the selection of weapons. It is not possible anymore that charge rifles or other spacer tech weapons drop.

Ser Kitteh

Sorry Albion, but which mod is this exactly you're updating?

Albion

This is the Full mod (which is always updated if anything gets changed) and the Events mod since it is the latest event I fixed.

Madman666

I literally was going to write about that event. I got it happen on day 15ish, which brought me 4 weapons of which 2 were frontier rifles, 1 gauss lance and 1 excellent SMG. For a start up colony with 1 pistol and 1 survival rifle that was a huuuuge leap. It probably needs to be limited like to only basic firearms like autopistol and maybe machine pistol. And like a couple of them at best. It feels way too good when it happen 1-2 week from the start. Maybe make it scale with time spent (or wealth).

Albion

Since Rimworld 1.0 was released today I just updated my mod to the latest version.
I updated all items on steam and uploaded the new versions on Nexusmods.

If you want to continue with your B19 run, please download the legacy version from Nexusmods.

Here are the links:
Steam Link - Full Mod (1.0)
NexusMods Link (B18, B19 and 1.0) (manual download)

Enjoy the mod and please let me know if you encounter any issues or want to give feedback.

If you want to support the mod please consider to donate a coffee:

viperwasp

Wait is this the classic glittertech mod set? Etc? I thought it was dead. I have not been around since A17. Well I have been around but I have been playing A17 this whole time. I loved Glittertech but I saw the old thread and it looked dead? Is this the same thing? If not it looks similar. I will probably like it.
•  Lian Li Lancool II MESH RGB
•  Intel Core i7-12700K Alder Lake 12-Core
•  64 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3600Mhz
•  WD Black SN850 2TB GEN4
•  2x WD Black 8TB
•  Windows 10 OS
•  RTX 4080 GIGABYTE Gaming OC 16GB
•  Dark Rock Pro 4 (CPU Cooler)
•  TUF Gaming Z690-Plus- WIFI D4

Albion

This is NOT the Glitter tech mod! That mod is horribly imbalanced and overpowered in my opinion. I specifically selected a different name to make this clear.

The goal of Sparkling Worlds is to provide additional mid- to endgame content that is compatible with the vanilla game and balanced.
It also not only includes more stuff but also new events like the ship crash or the psychic emitter event.
Check out my first post for the complete list of features.

Canute

Quote from: viperwasp on October 18, 2018, 03:27:23 AM
Wait is this the classic glittertech mod set? Etc? I thought it was dead. I have not been around since A17. Well I have been around but I have been playing A17 this whole time. I loved Glittertech but I saw the old thread and it looked dead? Is this the same thing? If not it looks similar. I will probably like it.
Maybe you should clean your glasses ? :)
B19 GlitterTech is right here at the forum.

But this mod is much different then GlitterTech, yes it add a strong faction that can ruin your day.
But the items this mod add, are still powerful but not that overpowered like the ones from GlitterTech.

viperwasp

Quote from: Albion on October 18, 2018, 03:33:48 AM
This is NOT the Glitter tech mod! That mod is horribly imbalanced and overpowered in my opinion. I specifically selected a different name to make this clear.

The goal of Sparkling Worlds is to provide additional mid- to endgame content that is compatible with the vanilla game and balanced.
It also not only includes more stuff but also new events like the ship crash or the psychic emitter event.
Check out my first post for the complete list of features.

Sounds fair... I'm happy about this. I saw some of the stuff is the same. I mainly loved the mod for the advanced hospital beds. Well either way I think I'm going to be a huge fan. To unbalanced is not good even in a mod. Unless your doing an imba run etc. lol  Or it's REALLY hard to get the stuff. Thanks.
•  Lian Li Lancool II MESH RGB
•  Intel Core i7-12700K Alder Lake 12-Core
•  64 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3600Mhz
•  WD Black SN850 2TB GEN4
•  2x WD Black 8TB
•  Windows 10 OS
•  RTX 4080 GIGABYTE Gaming OC 16GB
•  Dark Rock Pro 4 (CPU Cooler)
•  TUF Gaming Z690-Plus- WIFI D4

Albion

I just uploaded a new version which includes a workaround for a vanilla bug that I exposed with the launcher crafting. Apparently crafting them resulted in a nullReference exception.

Anyway, it's fixed now and should work properly again.

I also recently adjusted the cooldown for the psychic emitter event. It now can't happen again for 90 days once it fires.

Albion

Hey guys,
I got a general announcement:
Due to increased time demands from my job and life in general I declare this mod finished.
I will still do bug fixes, balancing changes and minor adjustments like mod compatibility and mod patching. For example I intend to adjust for Fluffy's Mod Manager, which I'll try to do this week.
However I will not develop any big new features like new events or new items.

I spend about 1.5 years developing this mod and I like what I have achieved. Seeing that more than 15k players enjoy this mod is a great feeling.

I'm not done modding Rimworld but I move on to other modding projects. I still got the Gen-spliced Xenohumans mod in the pipeline and am currently working on another secret mod project. More information on these will follow.

You can still post any suggestions for new features or balance. I'll continue to read them and maybe I'll still develop them but no promises. I might also take them and include them in my future projects.

TL;DR:
I consider this mod done but will continue to do minor adjustments and patching. Stay tuned for upcoming mods that I currently have under development.

Ser Kitteh

While I'm sad that you're no longer supporting this mod, I'd be lying if I didn't tell had a hell of a time of it. It has earned a permanent spot in my load order.

Godspeed, Albion. Look forward to your other mods!

o7

Albion

You might have misunderstood me there, Ser Kitteh. I will continue to support this mod and fix any and all issues, plus I will continue to do mod integration on request to make the mod compatible with other mods like I did with Genetic Rim, Jelly Farm and Medical Addons.
However I won't be developing any big new features like new events but instead focus my time on future mods.
Let's put it this way: I intended to include some more events into Sparkling Worlds. Now you might see these events bundled together under a new name instead  ;)

Ser Kitteh

I guess I should have said "sad that you are no longer UPDATING this mod" but my mistake lol

Whaaaa that's amazeballs. Looking forward to it my good fellow.

Albion

Small update for Sparkling Worlds:
I adjusted the mod so includes a manifest for Fluffys Mod Manager.
Additionally I cut the chance for the weapons cache pods in half and adjusted the earliest time the event can happen to 1 year. This will make it less likely for players to have good weapons super early.

I also included a patch for the survival tools mod that makes the glitterworld multitool craftable after a new research gets developed. It only shows up if both mods are enabled.
Enjoy the mod and spread the word.