Animal Projectile Possible?

Started by noobonthisforum, September 03, 2017, 08:34:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

noobonthisforum

Hi, I was wondering if it was possible to incorporate projectile weapons into animal as body parts i.e. incendiary launcher into a lizard head?

SpaceDorf

Not at the moment, or not easily.

See the discussion in this mod for better reference :

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=17087.300
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

skullywag

its turning out to be a major pain the ass to mod in, it didnt used to be, but it is now. The thinktree handling for animals is a little tricky and doesnt really work the way the xml thinktrees would have you think. Feel free to try it but ive hit 1 blockage after another, I would welcome a second pair of eyes looking at it.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

noobonthisforum

Ah no worries. I've got little experience in modding but just made a dragon mod with loads of errors  ::) but I was thinking of making a completely new body type by adding a new part in the head or body, I would try and do this myself but I wouldn't know where to start

The-Eroks

Why not setup animals as "human-likes" for the purpose of assigning them a projectile weapon?

If we wanted a spitting cobra, wouldn't it be essentially the same as have the cobra be setup as a human-like and equip it with a "venom sack" weapon that fired venom spikes?

Are there limfacts to this approach that I'm not familiar with?

AngleWyrm

maybe we could make animals into projectiles...

My 5-point rating system: Yay, Kay, Meh, Erm, Bleh

Vlad0mi3r

Quote from: AngleWyrm on September 06, 2017, 03:38:08 PM
maybe we could make animals into projectiles...

That's actually what I thought when I first read the title. A Boomrat launcher similar to a mortar but uses boomrats or boomalopes for ammo.
Mods I would recommend:
Mending, Fertile Fields, Smokeleaf Industries and the Giddy Up series.

The Mod you must have:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=40545.msg403503#msg403503

Canute

Don't we got this allready ?
Pod launcher, load these animals at the pods, and launch them at the enemy siege/preparing area.