[WIP] [1.0] Beauty Floors v.1.0 Nov/12/2018

Started by swefan, September 08, 2017, 05:11:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LiteEmUp

Quote from: swefan on September 18, 2017, 10:38:11 AM
Quote from: LiteEmUp on September 18, 2017, 06:14:31 AM
thank you for making this mod compatible with T's floor mod... i've already added 6 floors from your mod to 6 rooms in my base, now i'm just waiting for more resource lol..

also another suggestion: a gold themed floor for like a royal setting..

your mod sems to have themes for like futuristic, modern, and even tribal.. now a kinda medieval/royal theme is what seems missing..

Right now I'm trying to add a bench and new items.
Anyway, gold floor for a royal sitting? Something like this?

gorgeous looking floor... suits a royal themed base... thank you agian, as you delivered another lovely floor..

btw, are the planned new items included on this floor mod or a seperate mod??

anyways i've downloaded elvasat's furniture coz of that gorgoeus throne and some good looking carpets... it seems though the mod author has stopped development coz he seems not playing rimworld anymore... so now my dream of having a castle for my king is on hold, as he is missing some furnitures suited for a king lol.. the more furnitures mod has a royal bed and royal cabinet added, but thats as far as royal themed furniture they got..

swefan

*Added 3 new floors:
*Royal Gold
*Royal Silver
*Carved Leather "Lion"
*Added an bench for make resource for building wooden and leather floors, now you need planks and leather tiles, (you need a minimum crafting skill for make it)

Quote from: LiteEmUp on September 19, 2017, 03:25:12 AM

gorgeous looking floor... suits a royal themed base... thank you agian, as you delivered another lovely floor..

btw, are the planned new items included on this floor mod or a seperate mod??

anyways i've downloaded elvasat's furniture coz of that gorgoeus throne and some good looking carpets... it seems though the mod author has stopped development coz he seems not playing rimworld anymore... so now my dream of having a castle for my king is on hold, as he is missing some furnitures suited for a king lol.. the more furnitures mod has a royal bed and royal cabinet added, but thats as far as royal themed furniture they got..

About new items, I was talking about the bench and new resource for building the floors, I think there are a lot of mods that adding furniture, or I'm wrong? Maybe after I complete this mod, maybe a mod that adds very expensive forniture, it might be fun to do  ;D.
However, thanks to your suggestion of the "Royal" theme now I have many ideas for new floors  ;D

SpaceDorf

Ask if you may use elvasats Textures or maintain his mod .. if he doesn't play rimworld anymore.

Also the Idea of building large furniture out of single tiles ( couches->benches, large dining tables ) is a good thing to grab from the More Furniture Mod if you don't want to go the draggable furniture road for now.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

swefan

Quote from: SpaceDorf on September 19, 2017, 08:32:35 AM
Ask if you may use elvasats Textures or maintain his mod .. if he doesn't play rimworld anymore.

Also the Idea of building large furniture out of single tiles ( couches->benches, large dining tables ) is a good thing to grab from the More Furniture Mod if you don't want to go the draggable furniture road for now.

I don't  think my graphic style for the furniture matches well the style of others mod and also with the vanilla game, for example this is my bench

too realistic..., I'm not good at the cartoon style, the floors though if realistic fits pretty well, but the furnitures don't think works well.

swefan

v05 20/sept/2017 is on
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ivba13v6fkm1k1f/BeautyFloors05.rar?dl=0

Added a bench for crafting resources for building "beauty" floors
Added 4 new floors
Royal Gold
Royal Silver
Carved Leather
Painted stone tile

Flooring descriptions are temporary, the resources cost for new floors are maybe too high,  maybe some problems with the bench

*I have some problems with the floors descriptions in game, my english isn't so good, if someone wants to contribute with the descriptions is welcome  :)

SpaceDorf

Uhm .. could you in some way try to make the floors not spawn on mapgen ?

Not that I am complaining, but having several ruins with royal gold floor surrounding me feels a bit cheesy.

swefan

This bothers me too, the map generator seems to choose the floors with the highest beauty value and floors with cleanliness, so almost always my metal and stone floors.
Change that require C# for sure unless someone has already done this.

Edit: I have found a solution, I can literally decide what floor the mapgen choose, it's a simply workaround but that works fine, tomorrow I'll upload an update.

TheBigBrian

Really nice, beautiful!

Curious, how did you make these textures? are there any tutorial I could follow?

swefan

Quote from: TheBigBrian on October 12, 2017, 06:37:21 AM
Really nice, beautiful!

Curious, how did you make these textures? are there any tutorial I could follow?

Thanks!

Textures are made and rendered with Substance Designer, the patterns like the royal gold, the lion and the painted stone are hand-made with gimp then converted and rendered with Substance Designer. If you check my other mod, these are 3D models made animated and rendered with Blender. I didn't used any tutorial, I learned these softwares years ago, anyway you need to learn only SD to made seamless textures and you find a lot of tutorials for this.

PS: Gimp and Blender are free, Substance no (and unfortunately there is nothing like this for free)

SpaceDorf

Quote from: swefan on October 11, 2017, 03:02:03 PM
Edit: I have found a solution, I can literally decide what floor the mapgen choose, it's a simply workaround but that works fine, tomorrow I'll upload an update.

Awesome.

swefan

v06 12/Oct/2017 is on
https://www.dropbox.com/s/2g6580nrrw2mht9/BeautyFloors06.rar?dl=0
*As requested, map generator use no more "beauty floors", instead it use custom floors, you need to start a new colony for that
(this must be tested, but it doesn't seem to give any problem/bug)

*Added a special carved leather floor, it's made of 256 differents tiles, 256 pictures of real animals and mythological monsters, so it is made to be used in single tiles, like that:

*Of course if you want you can make a room full of these pictures

LiteEmUp

been busy with school lately, so i don't have much time to play rimworld... but wow that is a nice carved leather floor...

can we have also a version of carved symbol floors, but you can specify what that floor is made of, like maybe as a jade/gold/silver/etc....

also is the animal/monster symbols random or you can select which one you want to use??

swefan

<also is the animal/monster symbols random or you can select which one you want to use??

No you can't, but isn't random at x position there will be always the same picture and around that there will be always the same pictures.

<can we have also a version of carved symbol floors, but you can specify what that floor is made of, like maybe as a jade/gold/silver/etc....

Sure, the raw image with the 256 pictures is preserved so everything is possible, or just leather with different colors like fake gold/jade/silver, or floors made with new resources like "carved gold" or "painted gold"

Enigmatic

These designs are phenomenal, every floor looks outstanding and unique and downright breathe taking! =D Great Work!

Have you considered updating to B18? An perhaps including maybe designer columns or walls? Like Marble columns or fancy statues an the like?

swefan

Quote from: Enigmatic on December 21, 2017, 10:39:20 AM
These designs are phenomenal, every floor looks outstanding and unique and downright breathe taking! =D Great Work!

Have you considered updating to B18? An perhaps including maybe designer columns or walls? Like Marble columns or fancy statues an the like?

Thanks!
Lately I've been too busy and I used my little spare time for other projects, but I'll definitely update the mod after the holidays.

It would be interesting to create furniture, walls, statue etc that combine with flooring style, I love to create things in 3D or 2D, less write the code, that's what holds me back.