[1.0] The Many Mods Of Mehni [Updated "daily!"]

Started by Mehni, September 26, 2017, 03:49:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mehni

The many mods of Mehni

Since the forum has a habit of deleting attachments and maintaining different posts is becoming a bother, here's a nice list with a short description and links. I would love to hear feedback and stories.

Credits can be found at the bottom of this post. If I have violated your license / or failed to credit you, please let me know.

License can be found at the bottom of this post.

If you like my mods, please considering buying me a coffee.

1.0:

Mod Name   Version   Updated   GitHub   Steam   Description*
More Faction Interactionv1.0.10Feb 17Adds more interaction with and between factions, bringing the world to life.
Food Alertv1.1.1Oct 10Shows a persistent alert with the amount of food you have, and an estimate of how long stocks will last.
Climate Cycle++v1.1.2Oct 22A runaway climate cycle seeking extreme temperatures!
Elemental Boomalopesv1.0.0Jan 16Boomalopes that do more than go boom.
Pick Up And Haulv1.0.5Dec 3"Greatest hauling mod ever" - Chicken Plucker
Dismiss Traderv1.1.0Oct 20Dismiss traders with the click of a button.
4M Mehni's Misc Modificationsv1.1.6Oct 30Adds various settings to customise your RimWorld experience.
Various Space Ship Chunks0.1.1.0Oct 21It adds various kind of Ship Chunks. Art and xml by Tobe.
Orbital Trader Transponderv1.0.1Nov 1Call a trader to your location. Collaboration with Shotgunfrenzy.
Numbersv1.0.3Oct 29Get a customisable general overview of all colonists, prisoners, enemies, etc.

B18: (deprecated, outdated. or just not updated yet.)

Mod Name   Version   Updated   GitHub   Steam   Description*
Number 22 with Rice0.18.0.1Nov 21Defaults the vanilla hydroponics bay to rice.
Plasteel Components0.18.0.1Nov 21Craft regular ol' components out of plasteel.
Return of the Megatherium0.18.0.1Nov 21Restored the inferior megasloth back to its former glory.
Minigun Handling Techniques, Vol. 30.18.0.2Nov 21Targeting with the minigun highlights the area in which the bullets will land.
Sun Tzu's Raider Tactics0.18.0.1Jan 10A fun and exciting raid type featuring smarter raiders!
CutePenguin0.18.0.1Jan 10Cute penguin. Can clean. Don't eat plz. Art and xml by Tobe.
How Much Longer, My Muse?!0.18.0.1Feb 10Shows an expiration timer on the inspiration.

*For more detailed descriptions visit the mod pages on Steam or GitHub.

Deprecated and one-offs:
(A17) I Can't Believe It's Not Growing There - Devilstrand, Corn and Healroot now require at least 140% soil fertility.
(A17) Visible Hives Makes hives more visible in stockpiles.
(B18) Coward Scythers Scythers seek cover.
(B18) PostArmorDamage Restores the pre-B18 one-shot limbs.
(B18) WildAnimalAlert Updated version of Lost_RD's WildAnimalAlert. Comes with a new "warn only on predator spawn" option.

Credits:

Resources:   Marnador - RimWorld Font
Libraries:   pardeike - Harmony Patch Library
Code:   Why_is_that, erdelf, AlexTD, everyone else that hangs in the discord.
Testing:   XeoNovaDan, pdxsean, Spartyon7 
Art:   Xen, Chicken Plucker, Shotgunfrenzy
This table:   Dingo

License:
My mods all fall under the MIT license. I'd appreciate the courtesy of dropping me a message when you include it in a mod pack. Do not upload standalone translated versions on Steam. If you wish to translate it, please give me a pull request on GitHub or drop me a line here.

If I don't respond/appear alive for a month after a new alpha release, have at it. However, give credit where it's due.

XeoNovaDan

crusader2010

My mod pack: {A13} Mod Mega Pack

Mehni

Updated the starting post. Most of my mods have now been updated. Food Alert will follow soon. Elemental Boomalopes is waiting on some improved art.

A new mod tentatively called Climate Cycle++ is in the works. Once it's been through testing, I'll release that. Shouldn't be long.

A second mod under the working title of "Pick Up That Can" will be my next project. Stay tuned.

wwWraith

Think about it. Think around it. Perhaps you'll get some new good idea even if it would be completely different from my words.

Mehni

It adds a new and exciting raid type. It's a type of sapper raid, with one part that will split up to try and flank you.

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: Mehni on January 10, 2018, 07:25:00 AM
Updated the starting post. Most of my mods have now been updated. Food Alert will follow soon. Elemental Boomalopes is waiting on some improved art.

A new mod tentatively called Climate Cycle++ is in the works. Once it's been through testing, I'll release that. Shouldn't be long.

A second mod under the working title of "Pick Up That Can" will be my next project. Stay tuned.

Info on Climate Cycle++?! Is that anything to do with controlling the weather like Cold Desert Nights was? I'm really, really itching for something like that. I want a tundra map that's only a little cold in daytime but ridiculously cold at night, and crazier winters, but mild summers. I figure if I keep throwing this idea around maybe someone will pick it up! :P

Also, what about Pick Up That Can?! That sounds like cleaning/hauling/trash or something? Sounds exciting!

asquirrel

Food alert sounds like a great mod.  I'm always on the verge of starving my colonists.  They're not big fans of rice.

Mehni

Quote from: Harry_Dicks on January 10, 2018, 01:50:47 PM
Info on Climate Cycle++?! Is that anything to do with controlling the weather like Cold Desert Nights was? I'm really, really itching for something like that. I want a tundra map that's only a little cold in daytime but ridiculously cold at night, and crazier winters, but mild summers. I figure if I keep throwing this idea around maybe someone will pick it up! :P

Also, what about Pick Up That Can?! That sounds like cleaning/hauling/trash or something? Sounds exciting!

Interesting, I never heard of Cold Desert Nights. Climate Cycle++ will focus more on long-term climate and less on short-term weather. So no on the nights, but a tentative yes on the winters/summers. I'll add mod settings when I'm feeling up to it, so you'd be able to customise your experience. The current goal is rather modest: a cycle that ramps up quicker and goes to greater extremes than the vanilla Climate Cycle.

Pick Up That Can is a terrible idea and will be a micromanagement hell. I suspect people will like it.

Quote from: asquirrel on January 10, 2018, 04:59:09 PM
Food alert sounds like a great mod.  I'm always on the verge of starving my colonists.  They're not big fans of rice.

Exactly why I made it!

Mehni

Climate Cycle++ is now released!

A run away climate cycle, seeking EXTREEEEEME weather.

version 0.18.0.2

How to use

Step 1. Install mod.
Step 2. Activate in the scenario editor before starting a new colony.

Credits and thanks:

- ShotgunFrenzy and ramyb for the preview image.
- Why_is_that for the SettingsHelper.
- www.twitch.tv/Spartyon7 for testing.
- Dan, for rubber ducking :)

Not savegame compatible.

There are three types of climate cycle: The first one is similar to the vanilla Climate Cycle, only it ramps up quicker and further. The second version is a climate cycle that gets hotter and hotter and the final version gets colder and colder. You can change these in the Settings menu.

It also adds an alert for Heatstroke. You'll need it.

Get it from Steam or GitHub.

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: Mehni on January 12, 2018, 03:05:07 PM
Climate Cycle++ is now released!

A run away climate cycle, seeking EXTREEEEEME weather.

version 0.18.0.2

How to use

Step 1. Install mod.
Step 2. Activate in the scenario editor before starting a new colony.

Credits and thanks:

- ShotgunFrenzy and ramyb for the preview image.
- Why_is_that for the SettingsHelper.
- www.twitch.tv/Spartyon7 for testing.
- Dan, for rubber ducking :)

Not savegame compatible.

There are three types of climate cycle: The first one is similar to the vanilla Climate Cycle, only it ramps up quicker and further. The second version is a climate cycle that gets hotter and hotter and the final version gets colder and colder. You can change these in the Settings menu.

It also adds an alert for Heatstroke. You'll need it.

Get it from Steam or GitHub.

Awesome!! I can't wait to try it out. So does that mean you could have the settings to where it keeps getting hotter or colder, forever? Like it would eventually be 100C/212F outside? Or -40 outside, and keep going more and more over time? If so, this sounds like a really, really fucking cool concept. This will go PERFECT with Quantum Cooler and Furnace mods! I always thought they were a little silly, not much need for them, but this will be fucking awesome if you can adjust everything in the mod settings.

So could you have it set to keep decreasing temperature, an extra 5-10 degrees colder every year or something? Can you make it stop after a certain amount of time, or once a certain temperature is reached? I ask because I'm thinking of a scenario where you are playing in a tundra mountain map with a normal 20/60 growing cycle to start. But every year is colder, and colder, slowly forcing you deeper into the mountain, until the outside isn't even tolerable without some cool spacer level heating suits your colonists must wear. Maybe it can go even colder and colder, until you can't go outside at all! You would need multiple furnaces (I think they can make rooms to 1000's of degrees) to keep going, in my dream scenario. Also there is a newly released mod I can't remember the name of it, but it deals with insulating walls. It could be cool to take it in the other direction as well. Maybe you start on an ice sheet, and it will slowly get hotter every year, and you must build very insulated bases with multiple quantum coolers (I think these can also go negatives to 1000's of degrees, if not, customize this and Furnace mod for myself.)

Question - will the outside temperature always affect the inside temperature of a mountain base, to a certain degree? Even if say, the base is 10 blocks deep at minimum from the outside, 10 airlock doors too, or whatever. Will the crazy outside cold temperatures still matter then? Another question - if you make it hot enough outside, will everything eventually start catching on fire? If so, could my scenario still work, if you had say all stone walls/doors for the perimeter of your mountain, base, or mountainbase?

Lots of questions and great ideas keep coming to me with this mod, the more I think of it. You really can take the game into all kinds of cool new directions with it, and I'm looking forward to trying it out! ;D

Mehni

Quote from: Harry_Dicks on January 12, 2018, 03:34:00 PM
Awesome!! I can't wait to try it out. So does that mean you could have the settings to where it keeps getting hotter or colder, forever? Like it would eventually be 100C/212F outside? Or -40 outside, and keep going more and more over time?

Yep, that's what the "Winter is coming" and "Waiting for the Sun" options do.

So could you have it set to keep decreasing temperature, an extra 5-10 degrees colder every year or something? Can you make it stop after a certain amount of time, or once a certain temperature is reached?

There are no breaks on this ship ;)

Question - will the outside temperature always affect the inside temperature of a mountain base, to a certain degree? Even if say, the base is 10 blocks deep at minimum from the outside, 10 airlock doors too, or whatever. Will the crazy outside cold temperatures still matter then? Another question - if you make it hot enough outside, will everything eventually start catching on fire? If so, could my scenario still work, if you had say all stone walls/doors for the perimeter of your mountain, base, or mountainbase?

Yes, to my knowledge. There's no perfect isolation in vanilla RimWorld. I have no idea what'll happen at the really extreme temperatures though! Let me know when you find out.

Lots of questions and great ideas keep coming to me with this mod, the more I think of it. You really can take the game into all kinds of cool new directions with it, and I'm looking forward to trying it out! ;D

Glad you like it!

Sarge

@OP

Would you consider releasing your heatstroke alert as a freestanding mod as well?

Harry_Dicks

Alright so looking at your mod further, I keep getting more excited for it. I was curious as to why one option is called "Waiting for the Sun" if that means it keeps getting hotter forever. Wouldn't you be waiting for the Sun to go away? ::) So the default option for years for a "Full hot->cold->hot cycle" is 4. Does that mean 1.33 years of generally hotter weather, 1.33 of colder, and 1.33 of hotter, while still including the regular seasons? Also, for the intensity integer, is there anyway you could have it be season specific? For example, I want ultra crazy cold winters, regular spring, and mild summer, and very cold fall.

If none of those options are viable, I am also curious, do you plan on expanding on this mod any further? I think you have so many cool possibilities with it!

EDIT: Also, these temperature changes aren't reflected on the world map, when you click on a tile for it's info, is it? What about if you caravan to another tile, will it still be under the intense effects that your home zone is? What about multiple colonies? If you start colony 2 while colony 1 is in a cold cycle, will colony 1 be in a warm? So many questions!!!