[1.0] The Many Mods Of Mehni [Updated "daily!"]

Started by Mehni, September 26, 2017, 03:49:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harry_Dicks

Severik

So are there any Plans to "repair" the Behaviour of Hauling Robots from the "Misc. robots" mod? they aren´t transporting anything anymore.

since the last Updatey they don´t throw errors while searching for a Job they are not Designed to do like before but they are outright useless if they are just staying still besides their Basestation.

i like this Mod but its Breaking other Mod´s mechanics and i can´t remove it without ruining my Savegame.

Mehni

I can't "plan" what I don't know about. You're the first to report the issue.

edit: aaaand fixed. GitHub / Steam

Mehni

Quote from: Kori on February 04, 2018, 02:15:41 AM
Hey Mehni,

could you please add a download for Ship Chunks to github, please? Only Transpiler is available at the moment.

Slacked off for a while on this, but both Various Space Ship Chunks and CutePenguin are now fully on GitHub.

Mehni

Just added the newest and tiniest of mods.

How Much Longer, My Muse?! shows the expiration timer on the inspiration.
Get it from GitHub or Steam.

Harry_Dicks

Very nice!

Random inspiration mod idea:

A mod that will always have your pawns that have an active inspiration for a job take priority of it over any others, similar to the Quality Construction mod (I think...). So if you send a pawn off for surgery, if any of your doctors have the surgery inspiration, they will be the ones to go perform the surgery. Or if you change a prisoner's status to try and be recruited, then your pawn with the recruiting inspiration will take priority for this job. I've had the situation before, as I'm sure others have, where one of my wardens got a recruit inspiration. However, they were one of my second tier wardens, and they never got the chance to actually recruit a prisoner until I micromanaged it.

Even better, the mod would only kick in if the doctor (or whoever for whatever) with the inspiration has a higher success chance than any other doctor. That way, hypothetically (and because I don't know the success chances for skill levels or inspirations off the top of my head) if your level one doctor gets a surgery inspiration, but his success chance is still lower than your level 20 doctor, he will not get priority in this job. So the mod would check for the inspiration first, and then check the success chance of this action against the success chance of other pawns with this work type turned on.

Mehni

You'll want Hatti's Quality Surgeon for that. Hatti coincidentally also made Quality Builder, so he's got you covered.

As for the recruitment, meh. I can see its use, but it's too minor for me to bother making a mod for.

Mufflamingo

Pick up and haul kind of doesnt synergize with extended storage.

Instead of getting all the rice and putting it in the food basket (extendedstorage item) my pawn tend to take all the rice (500 for example), put 75 in the basket and unload the rest on the ground. Then get the 425 inside the inventory then put 75 in the same basket again and unload on the ground. Then get the 350 inside the inventory then put 75 in the basket then unload on the ground. Till there is no more rice to haul.

Not that I'm demanding a fix. But you might consider it on your future plans. Thanks.  :)
Bleeeee. . . . .

Sam Gray

Quote from: Mufflamingo on February 10, 2018, 12:19:37 PM
Pick up and haul kind of doesnt synergize with extended storage.

Instead of getting all the rice and putting it in the food basket (extendedstorage item) my pawn tend to take all the rice (500 for example), put 75 in the basket and unload the rest on the ground. Then get the 425 inside the inventory then put 75 in the same basket again and unload on the ground. Then get the 350 inside the inventory then put 75 in the basket then unload on the ground. Till there is no more rice to haul.

Not that I'm demanding a fix. But you might consider it on your future plans. Thanks.  :)

I have encountered this as well.
When you have a high number of colonists and they try to haul things to these extended storage buildings it's like watching an ant colony. they just keep picking up items, place one stack in the storage and move around dropping rest of the items they have picked up. Its both funny and infuriating at times.

Canute

This is a thing of of Extended storage.
Don't forget all storages just got 1 input and 1 storage tile.
When someone unload he lock that input tile and can max. drop 1 full stack there.
Thats why i create a stockpile zone before these storages but with lower priority. Then they drop the first stack at the storage the next at the stockpile and the 3. at the storage again. And then he haul the stockpile one to the storage.

Mufflamingo

Quote from: Canute on February 10, 2018, 12:46:04 PM
This is a thing of of Extended storage.
Don't forget all storages just got 1 input and 1 storage tile.
When someone unload he lock that input tile and can max. drop 1 full stack there.
Thats why i create a stockpile zone before these storages but with lower priority. Then they drop the first stack at the storage the next at the stockpile and the 3. at the storage again. And then he haul the stockpile one to the storage.

There must be a way to haul everything (both carried items and inventory items) into that 1 input tile in just one drop. If none, then I'll just watch them do their hauling routine.  ;D
Bleeeee. . . . .

Canute

Since the input field got the stacklimit, i don't think there is a way.
But you can try to ask DoctorVanGough.
I am just curious, anyone tryed it with Infinity storage ? I didn't used it lately.

Harry_Dicks

Canute is right. With Extended Storage, I think that it will only check the "input cell" every so many ticks, if it has room inside of the storage area. And if there is the room, then it will cycle the stocks, however it can't have for example "10 stacks" sitting on one input cell, and then slowly bring them into the main storage unit. The input cell doesn't act like a hopper, where you can just fill it up and then let the storage unit fill itself at it's own pace. That would be really awesome if you could, though!

Mehni

Looked into it. Asked Harry for details. Chatted with the good Doctor.

Extended Storage can only consume a stack every so often. What I'll do is add a check for Extended Storage and if it's present, I'll increase the time it takes a pawn to drop stacks, so it roughly coincides with the stack consumption of ES.