[1.0] The Many Mods Of Mehni [Updated "daily!"]

Started by Mehni, September 26, 2017, 03:49:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canute

QuoteSpeaking of trader dismissal: I made a small update today so that the mod now also works on visitors. It's less of a necessity, but the option was already present anyway.
Does it would interfere/work with hospitality, since that mod offer an option to send visitors away too.

Mehni

Untested. A quick glance at the source code for Hospitality leads me to believe that dismissing traders would do nothing. You'd still have to use Hospitality for it.

So if my reading is correct, it doesn't get in the way. It's just a useless placebo option in that case.

Canute

But the "Send away" for visitor group's are working, even if you don't see how :-)

Dang, took me a few tries to find out how the dismiss works.
Maybe you should made a helper entry, or explain it better at the description.

Ok, currently Dismis Trader isn't compactible with Hospitality.
The right click option show up, pawn move to the visitor, but Visitor don't leave.
But Send away from hospitality works, and the other function from hospitality (improve,guest beds, guest area) too.

But Dismis Caravan's is working.

Maybe just doing a modcheck, and disable the dismis function when hospitality is loaded too.

Mehni

"Send away" is a Hospitality function. I can see perfectly well why Hospitality would work with Hospitality.

QuoteMaybe you should made a helper entry, or explain it better at the description.
Nothing I'll write in a learning helper will be able to explain the functionality better than the preview screenshot.

QuoteMaybe just doing a modcheck, and disable the dismis function when hospitality is loaded too.
Nah, because Dismiss Traders works fine with Hospitality loaded. They're not incompatible and nothing breaks. If the dismissal doesn't work on Hospitality visitors, use Hospitality's "Send Away" option. That's not a big deal. I'm not going to subvert or copy the functionality of Hospitality.

Canute

Quote from: Mehni on March 18, 2018, 06:22:58 AM
"Send away" is a Hospitality function. I can see perfectly well why Hospitality would work with Hospitality.

QuoteMaybe you should made a helper entry, or explain it better at the description.
Nothing I'll write in a learning helper will be able to explain the functionality better than the preview screenshot.
But the screenshot don't show that you need to have a pawn to order the visitor.
That was my confusion.

Mehni

Pick Up and Haul v0.18.1.8 is out now!

It introduces improved unloading and better handling of full stockpiles and reservations. This vastly increases compatibility with Extended Storage, and also helps prevent pawns from hauling items for which there's no space.

Even better still, thanks to AlexTD there's now a dynamic range for which pawns scan for more items to pick up. They're prepared to go further, depending on how far away from base they already are. AlexTD was also kind enough to implement synergy with While You're Up. While You're Up jobs will now utilise inventory hauling.

Steam and GitHub links are in the first post.

Ruisuki

also mehni thanks for the trader dismissal man. I didnt think id need it til now...i have 12 person colony and a second one, and this group comes up with 12 more people and a ton of animals the fuck. It seems to no longer slow down every 4 seconds after telling them to gtfo. Appreciate it chap.

Marcus

Mehni thanks for the great QOL mod 'Pick Up and Haul' and regular improvements of it. Do you have any idea how to get rid of a stone chunk from an inventory of a pawn that is unable to haul? As I commanded him to 'pick up' the chunk and it looks like your mod doesn't force the command 'unload inventory' on non-haulers, also 'drop' button doesn't work for chunks. Cheers.

Ruisuki

Canute

Quote from: Marcus on March 21, 2018, 05:41:55 AM
Do you have any idea how to get rid of a stone chunk from an inventory of a pawn that is unable to haul? As I commanded him to 'pick up' the chunk and it looks like your mod doesn't force the command 'unload inventory' on non-haulers, also 'drop' button doesn't work for chunks. Cheers.
Yep, even the drop chunk problem is solved for most human's some other races still got this problem.
The only way to get right of this stone chunk is to send that pawn on a caravan.
Once the caravan is on the worldmap, you can open the inventory of the caravan and destroy the chunk.
Then let the caravan enter the colony.

Mehni

Yeah, that was a bug in Simple sidearms. Update to the latest.

@Ruisuki: <3

Marcus

Yeah, I'm using 'Simple Side Arms' along with this one, but no races whatsoever. Anyway I'll try that trick with the caravan. Thanks!

Mehni

TryB4Buy

Quote from: Mehni on March 17, 2018, 09:41:04 AMMeat shields are costly. I tried it the other day, and the friendly fire caused relations to drop by a hefty amount.

Friendly pawns will make their way off the map by themselves sooner or later, so making a mod do that would be replicating vanilla behaviour. It does give me an idea to dismiss friendlies though.
I used to see the behavior you mentioned a lot, but I don't see that too much anymore. Generally the AI only gets mad when I actually hit them with friendly fire while hiting raiders or if the raiders knock down a ceiling so the friendlies can't identify the source of the damage. When the traders walk face-first into raiders all on their own, they don't blame me for their deaths at the hands of the pirates. To be clear, they can fight factions they are hostile with all day without blaming me as long as my pawns aren't involved.

And the example I gave had the leader dead so the single follower left over never decided to go home. Vanilla only helps pawns (that decide to leave) exit. Vanilla doesn't always force them to leave if the leader is gone it seems.