[1.0] The Many Mods Of Mehni [Updated "daily!"]

Started by Mehni, September 26, 2017, 03:49:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NoCanDo

Okay, that worked. Thanky ou!

andz

I have a problem with faction wars. They are at an endless war kinda and all high-tech faction outposts around me are destroyed, now I can not trade with anyone by caravan? Oh wow. When are the settlemets being rebuild? If not I have to abandon the game.

Canute

So long there is one faction outpost left your can recive caravan's from these faction.
They don't need to be at your surrounding.

Mehni

Quote from: andz on December 20, 2018, 07:55:04 PM
I have a problem with faction wars. They are at an endless war kinda and all high-tech faction outposts around me are destroyed, now I can not trade with anyone by caravan? Oh wow. When are the settlemets being rebuild? If not I have to abandon the game.

That is an issue indeed.

A faction war has a chance to end after there have been 8 battles, and it's pretty much guaranteed to end after 12. War can be destructive, but the level of destruction you mention is definitely not as intended.

I'll redo the code for this, but I'm also curious if there's something in your error log after a battle fired. CTRL+F12 for a HugsLib log please. Seeing your savefile would also be beneficial. If you could zip up your save and upload it somewhere, that'd be very appreciated.

andz

Quote from: Canute on December 21, 2018, 04:28:32 AM
So long there is one faction outpost left your can recive caravan's from these faction.
They don't need to be at your surrounding.

Sorry, yes. Maybe I was not very clear. I want a lot of settlements around me because I play with a lot of caravans (meaning going out and doing stuff on the map).
So I choose my starting location always next to modern settlements.
But unfortunately for a couple of years there has been a faction war now, and the battles between the factions are very rare. The modern settlements in my area destroyed each other and now my colony position sucks.

edit: The faction war is now over, after 210 days but everythig around me is still in ruins. :(
Here is a log: https://gist.github.com/HugsLibRecordKeeper/b86566c6cb4bdc82bd5201a6e4a91b71
But it seems that everything is working as intended, the mod just had more impact on gameplay than I expected, especially because pirates (skull icon) build 3 times more settlements than all oher factions.

Can I respawn settlements by console?

Mehni

@andz: Thanks for the log. More Faction Interaction is not supposed to be that destructive. I've altered a few things and pushed out a new release to MFI that will make the faction wars shorter. It's on GitHub and Steam.

There's an option in dev mode to spawn random faction bases, yeah. It's in the dev tools on the world. They will not respawn on their own.

Madman666

Quote from: Mehni on December 22, 2018, 07:34:10 AM
They will not respawn on their own.

That actually would be a good thing to add. Since pirates expand, outlanders and tribes should also try to make new bases, which would be a nice event to participate in (either help them out providing materials or thwart them, by attacking the outpost before its grown into a settlement).

Kori

Quote from: Madman666 on December 22, 2018, 09:50:06 AM
That actually would be a good thing to add. Since pirates expand, outlanders and tribes should also try to make new bases, which would be a nice event to participate in (either help them out providing materials or thwart them, by attacking the outpost before its grown into a settlement).

That sounds interesting!

Modinstaller

It seems that pick up and haul isn't 100% optimized for hauling efficiency.

In my game, if a pawn has to haul 4 stacks of item X and 4 stacks of item Y, and those 2 items have 2 different storage areas far from each other, it's possible that the pawn will run to storage X and deposit 1 stack of item X, then run to storage Y and deposit 1 stack of item Y, then run back to X etc... instead of just depositting everything in X and then in Y, resulting in 8 round trips instead of just 2.

Has anyone else run into this behavior ? Is there a way to fix this easily with 2 storage areas far from each other ?

Canute

This is an old issue.
The pawn pickup all haulable item's in the area.
Then the pawn unload the items at his inventory one by one.

This i can lead to some running back and for of the pawn while unloading.
If you notice this you should manualy let the pawn drop the stuff.

Ofcouse you can try to write a more clever unload script or at last a more clever way to pickup and sort the inventory.
So far Mehni understood is that the problem with the vanila mechanic of the inventory.

Mehni

You're a bit outdated Canute. Pick Up and Haul introduced smarter unloading in v0.18.2.0.

Last time I sat and watched some pawns unload it went like this:

1. Pawn hauls away the first thing they have in their arms. If their inventory was full, that'll be the last thing they picked up.
2. Subsequent unloadings use Pick Up and Haul's internal unloading sorting, which is by item category.

There's one inefficiency in there: The hauled thing in #1 isn't always the first type of item in #2. That's because the item in #1 never touched the inventory and thus didn't get sorted. This is an inefficiency I am willing to live with considering the amount of work vs payoff. Besides, it's already a lot more efficient than vanilla.

If I'm wrong, and pawns literally go all over the place while unloading 3+ stacks, I'll need some exact repro steps.

Modinstaller

This might have been the problem. I'll watch more closely and report if I find anything more. Thanks for the quick answer !

andz

If there is a faction war and I have positive relations ("allied") with one faction and negative one with the other, it would also be nice to get a "call for help" event in case a settlement gets attacked. I mean, the other way around I ask them for help all the time via the comms console.
It could work via the ranged and meele weapons stat, just as the negotiation event (so no real battle involved = less work to code). Possible outcomes are injured colonists etc.

Quote from: Mehni on December 22, 2018, 07:34:10 AM
@andz: Thanks for the log. More Faction Interaction is not supposed to be that destructive. I've altered a few things and pushed out a new release to MFI that will make the faction wars shorter. It's on GitHub and Steam.

There's an option in dev mode to spawn random faction bases, yeah. It's in the dev tools on the world. They will not respawn on their own.

Kori

I visited my first expo today and was excited what it would be like. I got a permanent upgrade for chemreactors!
Unlocking upgrades like this is a very nice feature! :)

Canute

After spending hours of watching the cover panel and how to remove them safty you finaly got the permission to open the ancient valueable mashine.
And you notice at the first look you notice some worn out components.
Repairing it with 5 component's would shorten the production time.
Damit, you forget to pull out the power cable, a short circuit during the component exchange damage the internal electronic and now the mashine even run slower with the new components then before.