(Idea) Terminator Mod (Sarah Connor is being chased - Offer safety?)

Started by ProfZelonka, October 08, 2017, 12:50:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ProfZelonka

Here's the dumb idea: You know how every so often someone is running and is looking for safety? Well one could use that to initiate the Terminator mod. If successfully defended Sarah Connor, she joins your colony and here on you get Terminator attacks every so often.

But there's more! From the killed terminators you can eventually dismantle (after research) and build a knowledge enough to build your own terminator robots to fight your battles. (Or just able to get advanced bionic parts from them if that's too complex to code. lol)

Just wanted to also say, thank you modders for your awesome work! There are so many amazing mods! Especially love TiberiumRim! Plus Tiberium Factions and other factions like Argonians, Star Trek Federation, and RimEffect Asari! (Hoping for RimEffect to be compatible with A17)

SpaceDorf

Good Idea,

the content switch of a fleeing pawn being chased by mechanoids instead of another faction sounds allready fun enough.

adding even more humanlike mechs into the mix will increase the fun ;D
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Canute

Albion

Hm. I like the idea of a pawn being chased by mechanoids as pointed out by SpaceDorf. I might steal that idea  8)

@ProfZelonka: maybe post this suggestion directly in the thread of the terminator mod so the creators will see it. Not everyone checks the general mod/request subsection of this forum.

SpaceDorf

ProfZelonka

Quote from: Albion on October 08, 2017, 09:11:53 AM
@ProfZelonka: maybe post this suggestion directly in the thread of the terminator mod so the creators will see it. Not everyone checks the general mod/request subsection of this forum.
Which thread are you referring to? I haven't come across any Terminator mod- I'm guessing it's not a standalone mod?

Albion

Sorry for the confusion, I first read your post and some inferred that there already is a terminator mod  :o
The idea is quite nice and definitely doable since for example there already is a robots mod for reference.
Maybe someone will pick it up.

SpaceDorf

Quote from: Canute on October 08, 2017, 08:41:02 AM
A modified version from the HCSK terminator event :-)

Canute referred to the HardcoreSK Modpack which seems to have an event like this.

Canute

If you arn't familar with the Hardcore-SK modpack.
A Terminator  from the future appear at your map, and bla bla bla and want to join your colony.
A few days later skynet faction start to send terminator to wipe you out. And i think without your own terminator you would get wiped or you need to flee.

ProfZelonka

Oh dang. Weird that there's no mention of it. That's really close enough to this mod, sounds pretty brutal tho! :\ Plus no Terminator parts or Terminator robot building/researching.

I'll comment on Hardcore-SK modpack and bring the idea up too. Tho with something already in place I don't see why they'd wanna change things up - but you never know.

Thanks guys

SirDerpface

Quote from: Canute on October 09, 2017, 09:12:44 AM
If you arn't familar with the Hardcore-SK modpack.
A Terminator  from the future appear at your map, and bla bla bla and want to join your colony.
A few days later skynet faction start to send terminator to wipe you out. And i think without your own terminator you would get wiped or you need to flee.

It was pretty much a super pawn that could only shoot melee and socialize (altho it bugged out some time later, having then 14 skill in everything), has a fuck ton of health and regenerates really really fast, being able to sustain a lot of fire while regenerating faster than the damage taken. Best way to kill it is heavy rifles with hollow point ammo.

ChaosChronicler

Hm, I wonder how much it would take to make an Hunter-Killer mod?