[1.3] Miscellaneous w MAI+Robots

Started by Haplo, May 16, 2014, 05:54:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Haplo

You need plasteel and gold or plasteel and core to activate MAI. Depending on which one.
40/40 or 50/1

Taishimoonshadow

john pretzel

Nice job with this haplo!  :)

Have you ever thought about characterizing turrets according to the weapons we place on it? Like, placing a minigun instead of the generic head?

Haplo

I have a function built in that uses the original graphic of the weapon. But to be honest it looks awful when the weapon is in its side view on the turret. Because of that I use three different tops build after the vanilla top. The price of the weapon build in defines which one of the three is shown (small, medium, large). I wont change that as long as the weapons don't have a top view.
I won't do specialized tops as I would have to maintain them for every weapon in the game and in other mods. Really too much work. As it is you can use it for nearly every weapon and it works.
If you want to have the weapon view of the installed weapon, you just have to change the following. Then you can take a look into how it looks with the side view of the weapons..

File: ..\Mods\Miscellaneous\Defs\ThingDefs\Miscellaneous_Buildings_TurretWeaponBase.xml

Replace this (2x):

<usedTopGraphic>ShortMediumLongMat</usedTopGraphic>

with this (2x):

<usedTopGraphic>GunMat</usedTopGraphic>

john pretzel

I totally understand you and the scale of work if every gun had its own png.

It could be at least interesting to see the default weapons or some specially picked for turret mounting. Not pistols, of course, but heavy weaponry. Is there a source of pngs for the default weapons in the game for me to mess with?

Xubrim

Kind of an odd request, but is it difficult/possible to make the nano printer copy the color of apparel as well?

Razul Antiwield

Having issues with the Incident: trader. How do you get them to accept the silver? I have tried putting a zone around the camp which only accepts silver and then i got one of my guys to haul my silver there. Help pls?  :'(

Goo Poni

Orbital trade beacon. As if you were trading normally with ships. It's a hard coded thing that can't be avoided at the moment, you need the orbital trade beacon to trade.

Nirahiel

I can't seem to get the nanite assembler to repair my MAI ..

Haplo

OK, what exactly doesn't work? What exactly do you expect to happen?

Khrysanth

Quote from: Razul Antiwield on January 07, 2015, 06:03:30 AM
Having issues with the Incident: trader. How do you get them to accept the silver? I have tried putting a zone around the camp which only accepts silver and then i got one of my guys to haul my silver there. Help pls?  :'(
Trading with on-site traders works the same way as trading with ships: You use the trade beacon and stockpiles to designate what's up for trade.

Nirahiel

Quote from: Haplo on January 08, 2015, 12:36:25 AM
OK, what exactly doesn't work? What exactly do you expect to happen?
Here is my setup :

Xx = MAI's bed, lowercase x for the head, o = nanite assembler

x
Xo

So the bed and nanite assembler are placed like this, 75 plasteel in the assembler.
Now MAI goes to bed to recharge, she has her left shoulder missing.
When she sleeps, nothing happen except her being recharged as usual.

Haplo

It is a bit randomized, but most often the shoulder should start to regrow after a few days.
I need to look into the exact way I've implemented it, but I think it was something like that.
Do you maybe have the savegame + world file (+mod-info) for me, so that I can test it?

Nirahiel

Wait nvm it has regrown now. I didn't know it was random. I thought, if she goes to sleep and needs repairs, she'll get them.
Why did you make the choice to set it as random ? That's not intuitive at all, and there are no hints about this behavior.
Can I use this setup ?

x x
XoX

Or even

x 
  X 
xXoXx
  X 
  x 

EDIT : First time i've been "awww" in Rimworld. Just received blue notification : "It's MAI's birthday, she just turned 1"
MAI is like my baby then :P

Haplo

The randomization is to simulate that the nanites not always manage to rebuild it at the first try.
Sometimes they just need more time..

And yes to all your variants. It should work for all as it just checks for an attached assembler, so it sure is possible to use 1 nanite assembler for 4 recharge stations. :)

Oh and happy birthday to MAI ;D