[1.3] Miscellaneous w MAI+Robots

Started by Haplo, May 16, 2014, 05:54:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Haplo

I set it like it is, because I find it a bit unrealistic to start higher. She does have all the information about it, but she doesn't have the practical skill at start. But she learns fast ;)
And thank you :)

Quote from: Idlemind79 on December 29, 2014, 08:42:05 PM
Where can I find these mods individually? It conflicts with the Panic and Insomina mod and I really want "visitors beds" for alpha 8!

You can get the visitor beds and the ground trader only, if you go through the Defs and Language folders and delete everything that does not have 'trader' in its name.
To extract only the visitor beds, that's a bit more complicated I think. Can't quite remember right now if they have an own def or if they are inside the trader Def somewhere..

pktongrimworld

Erm, is there a way to mod out the self destruct of MAI?
(I have been digging in the defs, but cant seem to find the line to remove selfdestruct... only thing I can do is add half a dozen zeros which delay the incap till bam! half your colony is dead)

I love using them, but I hate the self destruct with a passion.

edit: I once have 7 MAI chain explode.... my entire colony defending got killed.

Loki88

Quote from: pktongrimworld on December 30, 2014, 08:37:09 PM
Erm, is there a way to mod out the self destruct of MAI?
(I have been digging in the defs, but cant seem to find the line to remove selfdestruct... only thing I can do is add half a dozen zeros which delay the incap then bam! half your colony is dead)

I love using them, but I hate the self destruct with a passion.

Seconded. Its like having a suicide bomber running around your base! During a siege I've had a MAI get hit with an incendiary mortar then blow up taking the rescuing colonist with her and 2 others that were beating out the fire  >:(  When one of these things goes it's like another mortar shell! For this exact reason my MAIs get locked outside as junk haulers to my exterior stockpile which doesn't do them any justice.

Even if it was just the blast radius being smaller that would be good, and they wouldn't have to sleep outside any more!

Edit: All that being said I have had a few funny instances of raiders trying to kidnap downed MAIs and them going BOOM before they made it off the map :P

Evul

In case people did not know the turret mounting work fine with all Project Armory weapons :)

mrofa

Quote from: Evul on December 31, 2014, 09:50:30 AM
In case people did not know the turret mounting work fine with all Project Armory weapons :)

Thats insane... rocket luncher turret :D
All i do is clutter all around.

Evul

Haha but i'm am reworking the current launchers so they will be less, good. :P Also pretty funny joke on the gun of yours. :P

mrofa

Radiation turret gun .... nope it would destroy the colony or the map :D
(anti pawn killing features that kicks in sometimes :D)
All i do is clutter all around.

pktongrimworld

Quote from: Canute on December 31, 2014, 03:47:26 AM
Did you change anything with the explode trigger of the MAI ?
I forget to build a recharge station for the 1. MAI.
And the MAI was active for about 3 days, needed serious rest. But beside a -20 exhaused mood, nothing happen. I remember at the past the MAI's explode when their batteries was empty.
Since MAI's are androids the -20 don't affect them much.

They explode when incapacitated.

*even when all parts are yellow, which bugs me, cause you cant tell when thats going to happen in combat*

Xetalim

Any idea how the nanite assembler works?
I placed it near the MAI's bed, but when she wakes up her finger gets cracked.
(I've put plasteel in the assembler)

KUNG FU JONES

So not sure if to put this as a bug or exploit.
I was curious what would happen if I put the doomsday rocket luancher on a turret and when it was set on forced targeting it just fires a constant stream of rockets that just lagged the hell out of my game.
( if anyone does this just turn off the power to it and wait a bit)
on a side not kept it around cause it will be great help in raids XD.

Haplo

That is most likely an exploit :)
I'm not sure yet, what I do with it. Most likely just place the rocket launchers on a not to use list or let the turret explode if used after the first shot ;) we'll see..

Quote from: Xetalim on January 03, 2015, 08:50:17 AM
Any idea how the nanite assembler works?
I placed it near the MAI's bed, but when she wakes up her finger gets cracked.
(I've put plasteel in the assembler)

Hmm?  She got an injury from the nanite assembler?
It should be that she gets a lost limb or such back, but with 1 health. So the rest will be healed by her normal healing..

Hargut

Its wanted that space traders dont appear anymore ?

I cant buy shit from the traders, cuz they just offer shit and they dont want my stuff.
No slaves, no really nice things, they just have trash and want resources, nothing else.

Can i delete the traders somehow ?

I tryed to delete all Trader specific things in the XMLs, but my savegame dont work anymore.

Its linked also with the visitors beds, which are pretty nice, but in the  xmls its seperated.

When i delete the whole xml its aint working anymore too :((((

Haplo

It's by design that the ground traders don't trade slaves. Slaves can only be traded by slave ships for now.
The ground traders only trade bulk material, when they are from friendly natives.
If you also have friendly outlanders then from time to time there may also be a weapon trader around.

But.. If you want to disable the trader, go into the following file and set the chance to '0':
..\Mods\Miscellaneous\Defs\IncidentDefs\Trader_Incident_TraderArrival.xml

<IncidentDef>
    <defName>TraderPawnArrival</defName>
    <workerClass>Trader.IncidentWorker_TraderArrival</workerClass>
    <chance>8</chance>
<favorability>Good</favorability>
    <pointsScaleable>true</pointsScaleable>
  </IncidentDef>

Haplo

Update:
I've fixed the rocket launcher problem: The turret base no longer accepts weapons with the verb-tag <onlyManualCast> set to true.
This means both rocket launchers won't be installed anymore.
Additionally I've integrated an ingame help with infos how the colonist groups work.
It pops up a few seconds after the start message of a new colony. You can also call it ingame later on with SHIFT+K.

Taishimoonshadow

I might be derping out but for some reason I have mai built and have all the other furniture made (tired and cant think off the top of my head what they are called x-x) but cant activate her with my crafting 9 character just not sure what I am doing wrong of if I need to have some type of mat to do it.