[1.3] Miscellaneous w MAI+Robots

Started by Haplo, May 16, 2014, 05:54:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Haplo

Because of the need for a recompilation, here is the alpha 11b version of Miscellaneous.
I've also reduced te away time for the incidents a bit.

nmid

MAI - trigger stacking.. can more than 2 events trigger at the same time?

Explaining further, I mean if I have a rumor incident and I keep postponing it, will other events trigger?
I think yes, as we can get a eclipse + raid at the same time, but I wanted to check.

I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. StorymasterQ

Haplo

Quote from: nmid on July 04, 2015, 10:15:14 AM
MAI - trigger stacking.. can more than 2 events trigger at the same time?

Yes, this can stack, as the event itself is fired at the first appearance. If you postpone it, for the storyteller the event was successfully fired and continues onward..

uruz

Bug: Traders arrive, but don't drop a tent and don't leave; they end up exhausted/starving and go berserk and kill each other. (I downloaded the latest evening of July 4th).

List of mods: EdbInterface, EdbModOrder, EdbPrepareCarefully, Miscellaneous_VanillaEnhanced, SCA11Core

Also: When wargs showed up, the bugged traders could not be attacked by the wargs. The dogs followed them around but could not actually hit them. When I ran a colonist through the ball of pawns, the dogs attacked my colonist.

edit: Disregard. Must've been a versioning mismatch. I reinstalled everything and it's fine now.

rdz1122

Is anyone else having a problem with Hauling/Cleaning bots disappearing when they return to recharge?  Mine do it just about everytime they come back.

AN7AG0NIS7

Quote from: rdz1122 on July 07, 2015, 05:57:10 PM
Is anyone else having a problem with Hauling/Cleaning bots disappearing when they return to recharge?  Mine do it just about everytime they come back.

Yeah they do that for me too.. Seems like they get removed when they go home for a recharge. On the bright side, you can just spawn another one instantly instead of having to wait for them to wake up.

Kyos

I have a different problem, my colonists sleep in the hauler-bots recharge unit.

To wit...

Nevermind, it just up and deleted itself: Leaving my one hauler-drone unable to recharge.

Haplo

Yes the sleeping colonists is a problem. They shouldn't do that, because the bed already has an owner, the bot, but still they do that..
I think I have to change how they recharge at all.. :(

Litcube

Would I be correct in assuming that I need to start a new game in order to get the keys to work?  Seems like an awesome feature that I wanted for my current game, but it only seems to work on a new colony.

Haplo

Yes, normally you need to do that.
But you can also add it with a bit of savegame tinkering.
Take a look here

Litcube

Vascar

In regrades to the recharge check out Mechanical Defense 2.

Also I have an idea for a feature, The ability to send raids out on other groups to get resources and/or people. Here is how it would go:

• A "Plan Raid" drop down menu that would bring up a list of camps on the planet. This would be on the Tactical Computer.
  • The colonist selection window would pop up like in your events so you could select the would be raiders.
  • The raiders would leave for an amount of time determined by distance to camp. Ex: half a day per tile on the world map. Plus a little extra for the combat to happen.
  • On return you would get a massive decrease in relations. The raid's success is a bit random with factors like: Colonist combat skill, gear, target camp's wealth, and target's tech level.

rdz1122

Hi all, still looking for some reasonable thoughts on why this is occurring; it is pretty obnoxious, and it just started a week ago.  The haulingbot/cleaningbot is borderline OP, but it is fun.

Quote from: AN7AG0NIS7 on July 07, 2015, 09:26:42 PM
Quote from: rdz1122 on July 07, 2015, 05:57:10 PM

Yeah they do that for me too.. Seems like they get removed when they go home for a recharge. On the bright side, you can just spawn another one instantly instead of having to wait for them to wake up.

Haplo

right now I'm reworking the recharge station itself. So hopefully that won't be an issue when I'm finished anymore :)

Haplo

Update:
I've refactored the code of the robots and most importendly of the robots base station.
They recharge a bit earlier, the graphics are updated and it even got a loading battery mote :)

Unfortunately I'm not sure, if it is savegame compatible. It is, when you have no robots, but maybe not, when you already have robots in your base..