[1.3] Miscellaneous w MAI+Robots

Started by Haplo, May 16, 2014, 05:54:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rdz1122

I will try it right away; thank you so much for lending your efforts for our enjoyment.  Hopefully it doesn't feel thankless, 'cause some  of us love the modders in this community.

Haplo

Thank you. It is always good to hear that your work is appreciated by someone.
So thank you for the kind and supporting words :)

Patrykbono20

I have such a problem that the trader comes in, spin around and kind of goes away and it is still in the colony until his death. In general, there is growing tent.

Haplo

Do you have a trade beacon? It may be something simple like that.
This could also be a problem from a mod that adds something to trade which is missing a needed xml part for the trade menu.
The output_log.txt can most often tell more about the problem..

AN7AG0NIS7

Quote from: Haplo on July 11, 2015, 01:58:55 PM
Update:
I've refactored the code of the robots and most importendly of the robots base station.
They recharge a bit earlier, the graphics are updated and it even got a loading battery mote :)

Unfortunately I'm not sure, if it is savegame compatible. It is, when you have no robots, but maybe not, when you already have robots in your base..

Hi Haplo! It is savegame compatible (i think). I got the new version running on a savegame that had 12 MAIs, 1 cleaner bot and 1 hauler bot and it seems to work fine.

The robot base station and charging are working as intended now. The robots don't despawn like they did previously when they returned to recharge. However, there is the small issue of the "need colonist bed" warning coming up every time the robot leaves its station. Not that big a deal.. Just thought you should know.

Thank you for your hard work! I love MAI!

Litcube

Is there any way to get the group hotkeys to work with M2D droids?

Haplo

Quote from: AN7AG0NIS7 on July 12, 2015, 09:07:58 PM
The robot base station and charging are working as intended now. The robots don't despawn like they did previously when they returned to recharge. However, there is the small issue of the "need colonist bed" warning coming up every time the robot leaves its station. Not that big a deal.. Just thought you should know.
Thanks for the bug. I'll try to find a solution for that problem. :)

Quote from: Litcube on July 13, 2015, 03:43:51 PM
Is there any way to get the group hotkeys to work with M2D droids?
Right now, I don't think so. If it doesn't work with the MD2 robots, then it's most likely that they aren't regular pawns or at least not colonist pawns. It is on my todo list, but not anywhere near the top of it, sorry.

theapolaustic1

Well that's upsetting.

If you click the "overview" tab while you're on the window for who to send to the "rumor of ruins" event, it opens the overview tab. Closing the overview tab then removes the prompt for who to send to the ruins.

I would advise against looking at the overview tab to see who you can afford to lose for a few days.

Thorbane

I can't find the tactical computer.  What are the tech prerequisites?

Haplo

Nothing. Search for an exotic trader who sells it :)

Haplo

This is just a small bugfix-update:
The robots no longer are registered as colonists and shouldn't need a bed anymore.
I've also updated the provided SourceCodes.

Mechanoid Hivemind

Is there a way i can just get the bases for the turrets
The individual is obsolete. When you and your kind are extinct, we will cleanse our collective memory of the stain of your existence.

michal3588

Could you please put a link to older versions somewhere? Especially 1.11.3 - Alpha 11. I'm not updating my rimworld to 11b until all my "must have" mods are up to date and I can't find .rar with your mod on my hard drive.
To be honest I don't really like MAI but Tactical Computer, traders, keybinding and nano storage are on my "must have" list :P.

Haplo

You can find all my old versions on nexus.
There I just mark them as old and don't delete them.
But I can't understand why you don't like MAI. She is so adorable.. ;D

Quote from: Zerg HiveMind on July 19, 2015, 12:46:51 PM
Is there a way i can just get the bases for the turrets
If you delete everything that's not somehow named WeaponBase, or Common, this way you can extract them.
But don't forget the language files..