[1.3] Miscellaneous w MAI+Robots

Started by Haplo, May 16, 2014, 05:54:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TLHeart

With your additional abandoned structures on the map, the traders now prioritize setting up in those structures, over setting up by my colony. I took over one to start my colony, but in the opposite corner of the map is another one with wood floors, and that is where the traders go every time. Nothing I have built has changed the traders behavior, to stop by the outside trade beacon with a wooden floor.

macrosblackd

Quote from: TLHeart on October 01, 2015, 01:35:44 PM
With your additional abandoned structures on the map, the traders now prioritize setting up in those structures, over setting up by my colony. I took over one to start my colony, but in the opposite corner of the map is another one with wood floors, and that is where the traders go every time. Nothing I have built has changed the traders behavior, to stop by the outside trade beacon with a wooden floor.

That has to do with the Hospitality mod's hidden feature of prioritizing wood floors as the setup location for traders.

Haplo

Quote from: Lupin III on September 29, 2015, 06:40:42 PM
Do you know of any incompatibility of the turrets with other mods? If I try to mount a weapon on an automatic turret base, I can only mount EMP grenades and all other options of guns I have lying around are grayed out. The only mod I use that changes anything gun related is the combat realism mod.
Nope, iI know of no incompatibility with any mods yet.. I need to look, when the turret provides inactive weapon floatmenues..

Quote from: ratboys on October 01, 2015, 03:21:30 AM
How would i remove every other modification except for the tactical module? Just remove every other file not related to it? I would appreciate it if you separated all these mods into a modpack instead of having them all bunched into one.
It isn't really easy to extract it. Most likely you can remove everything except everything named Tactical, Computer or Anomaly. And the common dll.
And no, I won't make my Miscellaneous like a mod pack. I tried it and started this a while back, but it needs too much independent maintenance work. So no, the mod remains as one big mod.

Quote from: TLHeart on October 01, 2015, 01:35:44 PM
Yes, that is really a problem. The traders do search for wooden areas outside to place their tents. That's their normal behavior. I think I'll have to change the wooden flooring to something else..

Iwillbenicetou

Hey, Haplo. I created a colony, and I'm wondering what the brainpal's are. I put one into my colonist, and I'm not quite sure
Mod Help! The basics on how to download mods!

Haplo

BrainPals are small computers inside your head.
You can talk to them inside your head and they can provide information and or live feedback for you.
Originally they are from John Scalzi and his old man's war series. They'll enhance some of your stats..
I always wanted to have one myself since I read about them, so here they are: The original ones (electronic) and the newer versions (bionical). 8)

Hopefully this answers your questions? ;)

Haplo

It is update time, again ;D

This time I've made the following changes to Miscellaneous (no changes to MAI+Robots):

-Added Blueprint HaciendaA, LabyrinthC
I made two new rooms for the MapGenerator to use: a new labyrinth (caution, as always, only enter if you are equipped really good!) and an hacienda.
If you get the hacienda, you can recognise it easily: it is built a bit like an L and comes with a well :)

-Reduced chance for MainRoom
The MainRoom had a too high chance. reduced it to a normal value.

-MapGenerator can now use a clear fog trigger, this allows the usage of doors
Now it is possible to walk through a door and the fog will clear. This was a problem until now. But it needs a special tag in the blueprint..

-MapGenerator will now add the Ancient Shrine warning if there is danger
If there is a danger inside the ruin, your colonists will get the same feeling as with the normal ancient danger.

-BugFix Traders
The trader will now only search for wooden floors to place their tents, if it is inside your home area. wooden floorings outside the home area will be ignored.

-Small changes at the WeaponBase code
I've refactored the WeaponBase code a bit to hopefully fix a bug I couldn't reproduce.

Special thanks to Rikki, TLHeart, Lupin III and skyarkhangel.

Lupin III

Unfortunately I still have the same issue and it may be related to what you said about "inactive weapon floatmenues". See the screenshots below. That's the menu I get when I rightclick on the turret. See that only one entry is active? I have now seen that it always the second to last before the "..." and does not depend on the weapon. I sold/destroyed all EMP-grenades, so it was the incendiary launcher, got rid of all launchers, it become the shotgun. I can mount the selectable weapon. Clicking anywhere else on the menu (not just the "...") makes the sound for an "invalid selection" and the menu closes. After that I get the menu shown in the second screenshot. If I click on any of the grayed options, again I get the invalid sound and the first menu again after that. I then destroyed most of the weapons I have in debug mode and just spawned in a few (assault, sniper and charge rifle and railgun). The menu was "normal" then and i could mount all of the weapons. So the bug seems to occur when there are multiple pages to the menu. My guess as a programmer: menu somehow initialized for ten entries/actions, but forgot that the "..." takes up an entry, too, when there's more than 10 weapons. ;)

Btw. any chance to make the weapon removeable without destroying the base? I can only deconstruct but not unmount.

[attachment deleted due to age]

TheGentlmen

Hello, I have found a bug/problem,

In MapGeneratorBlueprints_Labyrinth:
<MapGeneratorBlueprintDef Name="Labyrinth2Base">
<defName>LabyrinthB</defName>

<MapGeneratorBlueprintDef Name="Labyrinth2Base"> <!--But it says B here-->
<defName>LabyrinthC</defName> <!--This is C-->

Changing the second one to:
<MapGeneratorBlueprintDef Name="LabyrinthCBase">
<defName>LabyrinthC</defName>

Fixes the warning.

Haplo

Ok, here is the hotfix update:
-The LabyrinthC is fixed
  Thank you TheGentlemen ;D
-The WeaponBase is fixed
  Thank you Lupin III, the hint of the multiple weapons brought me to finally reproduce it. I have always tested it with only a few weapons. The problem was my usage of a HashList. Now I've refactored the selection code quite a bit. You can now select all your weapons independently and switch through them easily. Also the marked weapon will be marked (if visible).  ;D

[attachment deleted due to age]

rexx1888

hope thats save compatible, because im happy to sac a whole colony for that fix :P

Haplo

It is save compatible. One change is a change in an xml that's used in the map generation only, the other change is just some internal code change in a dll. No name changes or anything destructive :P

Loki88

MediaFire spams so many pop ups lately that it crashes my browser with malicious content warnings  ???

Nexus works fine but if you're looking to keep two download options available you may want to try something else until MediaFire gets itself worked out.

That being said, thank you for all your hard work and the new content!  ;D

Demonlord091

Quote from: Loki88 on October 06, 2015, 08:03:30 PM
MediaFire spams so many pop ups lately that it crashes my browser with malicious content warnings  ???

Nexus works fine but if you're looking to keep two download options available you may want to try something else until MediaFire gets itself worked out.

I'm no fan of Mediafire, but it sounds like you need a good adblocker.  Try Adblock Plus if you haven't already, it helps with that sort of nonsense.

I haven't gotten any ads on it lately.

harpo99999

another thought is to remove JUNKWARE, especially 'toolbars' and 'search tools', and doing this might even have the sideeffect of speeding up the computer by removing the junk processes that start with the computer and report back to the supplier WHAT you do in your computer and WHERE you co on the web

TheGentlmen

Quote from: TheGentlmen (GENT) on September 18, 2015, 08:12:19 PM
Run JRT:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/junkware-removal-tool/

Then run AdwCleaner:
https://toolslib.net/downloads/viewdownload/1-adwcleaner/

Don't remember where I got my copy of it but if you get this:
http://www.howtogeek.com/209654/scammers-are-using-a-fake-version-of-adwcleaner-to-trick-people/
Then its a fake so do some searching for the real version.

Then run Malewarebytes:
https://www.malwarebytes.org/antimalware/

Even if you don't think you have a virus its a good Idea to run em' once in a while.

Also if you don't have a AV already get one. I recomend Avast:
https://www.avast.com/en-ca/index

I recommend you keep DeepScreen DISABLED.
Its just a pain to have running.