[1.3] Miscellaneous w MAI+Robots

Started by Haplo, May 16, 2014, 05:54:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Haplo

Update of Robots
I've updated Robots. The load-> respawn bug is fixed

Quote from: CannibarRechter on September 08, 2016, 01:17:30 PM
I couldn't find the .cs source for the robot AI in Misc+Robots. Would you mind making that available?
The Source-Code for Miscellaneous (all of it) is in the first entry in the last row.
You can download it here

CannibarRechter

Ah, okay, I was thinking that was just the base. Thank you!
CR All Mods and Tools Download Link
CR Total Texture Overhaul : Gives RimWorld a Natural Feel
CR Moddable: make RimWorld more moddable.
CR CompFX: display dynamic effects over RimWorld objects

CannibarRechter

Which function in AIPawn makes the robot "dither" (e.g., fly around and do nothing, when it has nothing to do)?

JackHack

Quote from: Haplo on September 08, 2016, 05:20:02 PM
Update of Robots
I've updated Robots. The load-> respawn bug is fixed

It looks like this still happens with custom bots. Any quick fix for it? Also, how can I make my custom bots recharge and continue doing their chores like the default ones do?

Haplo

Quote from: CannibarRechter on September 08, 2016, 06:08:01 PM
Which function in AIPawn makes the robot "dither" (e.g., fly around and do nothing, when it has nothing to do)?

That would be this part of the ThinkTree:
<!-- Idle wander for colonists -->
<li Class="ThinkNode_ConditionalColonist">
<subNodes>
<li Class="ThinkNode_Tagger">
<tagToGive>Idle</tagToGive>
<subNodes>
<li Class="JobGiver_WanderCurrentRoom">
<maxDanger>Deadly</maxDanger>
</li>
</subNodes>
</li>
</subNodes>
</li>

Quote from: JackHack on September 08, 2016, 09:53:35 PM
It looks like this still happens with custom bots. Any quick fix for it? Also, how can I make my custom bots recharge and continue doing their chores like the default ones do?
It should automatically happen if you update the misc robots mod. The change was done inside the assembly file, so your custom bots should also automatically get them. They are only xml modified robots, aren't they?

Sarelth

Does using this with Prepare Carefully still require a patch file?
Currently doing a playthrough, so have not had a chance to test yet.

Haplo

No, alpha15 has changed how the map generation works. Because of that a patch isn't required anymore :)

Sarelth

CannibarRechter

Hi, Haplo,

Would it surprise you to learn that commenting out that part of the think tree does not stop the wandering?

Haplo

No, because a little bit later is another one, an emergency if you want :)
<li Class="JobGiver_WanderAnywhere">
<maxDanger>Deadly</maxDanger>
</li>

Farhca

I'm having issues with Misc. Robots.
I just downloaded this mod in addition to Misc. Mai and Misc. Facility as well as Misc Core.
Problem is I can't even access my colony now, when I press "load save", it gets a bit stuck on loading map then some warning shows up about extra mods that wasn't there when I saved the colony and when I press "OK" it pushes me back to main menu. It should be mentioned too that if I disable Misc. Robots all the other mods work perfectly.
And by the way I'm playing on A15b.

14m1337

Quote from: Farhca on September 11, 2016, 09:40:25 AM
And by the way I'm playing on A15b.

you're probably answering yourself. even if other A15c mods luckily work with A15b, that doesn't automatically mean that every A15c mod must work with A15b.

what I would do:
- start a new game with all your mods. If everything's fine there, you got a conflict with your current colony.
- start a new game only with misc robots and it's requirements. if that's fine, then activate one mod after the other and start a new game everytime until you encounter the error again. tadaa, now you know which mods are producing the conflict.
- try getting the correct mod version for your game version, or update your game
Quick_Silver - The One And Lonely
My posts may sometimes be filled with (sarcastic) humor - it's up to you to find it out on your own.
Usually drunk on Mondays from 21:00 to 03:00 CEST.

Haplo

And I would really advice you to update your RimWorld to alpha 15c soon.
In 15a/b was a problem that made your savegame unloadable if a mod uses special Defs. That is the reason why I didn't release most of my mods prior to 15c (and why it is defined as a 15c mod and not a 15 mod). They where a savegame killer.

So if you really want to continue using my mods with 15b I won't take any responsibilities for your savegame problems 8)

Nanao-kun

Is there anyway to disable the "Colonist Keys: Place/Group" function?

night777

I need my pawns to have sweet colors and gear like Mrofa's avatar!