[Solved] Frozen Colonist during Staging Raids.

Started by JinxWolf, May 16, 2014, 06:57:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JinxWolf

So in the past 4-5 hours i've been toggling and untoggling a list of modifications i've downloaded, but cannot seem to find the culprit that is causing my colonist from becoming operational during assaults. Not only does the colonist become frozen, it tends to disable to ability to access the architect menu, select the pause menu (Esc), select an individual colonist or quit. Keyboard short-cutting has been my only way of exiting out (Alt + Tab) but other than that, i'm puzzled. I do really hope i'm posting in the right section for this.

If anyone would assist me it would be wonderful.
All of the mods are up-to-date and are actively selected.
Here are my list of mods:

• BetterPower+
  • Clutter
  • Doors v.01
  • Dresser
  • E-Furniture400
  • FertilizerPump
  • Muffalo Breeding
  • Shields
  • VanillaPlus
[/font]

pawnstorm

Oh dear, I have a feeling my mod might be responsible for this. Is there anything strange in your output_log.txt after this happens? Perhaps it would help if you posted your output_log.txt here.

Edit: I have a feeling this has to do with the "Stay inside during threats" option on the second page of the Vanilla+ menu. Maybe your colonist will become unstuck when you toggle it?
The way that option works is it prevents colonists from taking new jobs outside of your home region, but maybe it has some unexpected side effects for colonists who are already outside, is the colonist blocked in any way from going back to the home region by any chance? Perhaps by one of those special doors?
I guess an easy way to fix it is to change it so colonists that are already outside are unaffected by that option.

Edit2: I uploaded a new version of Vanilla+, hopefully it fixes everything. I'd still like to see your output_log.txt though if that's alright, because the menus going all unresponsive does worry me a little.

JinxWolf

Quote from: pawnstorm on May 16, 2014, 07:14:44 PM
Oh dear, I have a feeling my mod might be responsible for this. Is there anything strange in your output_log.txt after this happens? Perhaps it would help if you posted your output_log.txt here.

Edit: I have a feeling this has to do with the "Stay inside during threats" option on the second page of the Vanilla+ menu. Maybe your colonist will become unstuck when you toggle it?
The way that option works is it prevents colonists from taking new jobs outside of your home region, but maybe it has some unexpected side effects for colonists who are already outside, is the colonist blocked in any way from going back to the home region by any chance? Perhaps by one of those special doors?
I guess an easy way to fix it is to change it so colonists that are already outside are unaffected by that option.

Edit2: I uploaded a new version of Vanilla+, hopefully it fixes everything. I'd still like to see your output_log.txt though if that's alright, because the menus going all unresponsive does worry me a little.

Having a hard-time uploading the whole thing..
As it exceeds 20000 character limit :|.

My colonist are not blocked what-so-ever.
As they will usually be with-in actions of doing so and it somewhat just leaves them in an idle position. I actually have none of the doors from the mod installed and ive restarted each world fresh.

I will try downloading the new version of Vanilla+
But i've also untoggled Vanilla+ for a period of time .
It still happened regardless of it inactivity.

pawnstorm

Quote from: JinxWolf on May 16, 2014, 09:00:44 PM
On the same savegame? That's also a recipe for disaster :P. Vanilla+ has its own class for human pawns, if you suddenly turn it off on a savegame, there'll still be human pawns that use the custom class but the custom class isn't there anymore.

Edit: Also, if your output_log.txt is that big, odds are most of it is just the same error messages repeating. If you just post the part of it before you see the same error message again that should probably be enough.

iame6162013

Actually i have had in in vanilla (i may or may not forgot to post it...)
The only way to get your colonist back i know is, u to arrest to colonist in question.
Linus Torvalds: "But it clearly is the only right way. The fact that everybody else does it some other way only means that they are wrong"
Robert J. Hanlon: "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

JinxWolf

Quote from: pawnstorm on May 16, 2014, 09:10:25 PM
Quote from: JinxWolf on May 16, 2014, 09:00:44 PM
On the same savegame? That's also a recipe for disaster :P. Vanilla+ has its own class for human pawns, if you suddenly turn it off on a savegame, there'll still be human pawns that use the custom class but the custom class isn't there anymore.

Edit: Also, if your output_log.txt is that big, odds are most of it is just the same error messages repeating. If you just post the part of it before you see the same error message again that should probably be enough.

No, no. I mean, i've untoggled the mod and restarted a new fresh rimworld game and the results all hender the same. And the ability to really control anything at all just disappears. I'd have to screenshot it the next time i've gotten on to show it in the process.

Also:
(Filename:  Line: -1)

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at BF.PawnX+<GetCommands>d__0.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UI.InspectionUtility.DrawInspectCommandGridFor (IEnumerable`1 selectedObjects) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UI.InspectPane.InspectPaneOnGUI () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UI.TabInspect.PanelOnGUI (Rect fillRect) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UI.UIPanel.PanelOnGUI () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UI.MainTabsRoot.GameControlsOnGUI () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UI.UIMapRoot.UIRootOnGUI () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Root.OnGUI () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename:  Line: -1)

HandleD3DDeviceLost
  HandleD3DDeviceLost: still lost
Skipped rendering frame because GfxDevice is in invalid state (device lost)

(Filename:  Line: 1539)

pawnstorm

Quote from: JinxWolf on May 17, 2014, 02:47:20 AM
Also:
Does that happen everytime? I'm guessing it can't find the texture for the command buttons, I've had that once or twice which resulted in a texture not found image being displayed instead of the icon. No idea what causes it, but it didn't cause any serious issues for me.

JinxWolf

Quote from: pawnstorm on May 17, 2014, 03:08:17 AM
Also:
Does that happen everytime? I'm guessing it can't find the texture for the command buttons, I've had that once or twice which resulted in a texture not found image being displayed instead of the icon. No idea what causes it, but it didn't cause any serious issues for me.

It only happens when raiders come along.
Actually more people have been speaking on your thread.
They have my exact problem.

pawnstorm

Quote from: JinxWolf on May 18, 2014, 09:18:48 PM
Also:

I just released an update, hopefully it fixes your problem.

JinxWolf

Quote from: pawnstorm on May 19, 2014, 07:16:52 AM
Quote from: JinxWolf on May 18, 2014, 09:18:48 PM
Also:

I just released an update, hopefully it fixes your problem.
Indeed it did, much appreciated sir.