[A14d] Rimworld Zombie Apocalypse (v. 1.5 - July 26)

Started by Justin C, May 20, 2014, 02:09:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mechanoid Hivemind

What i meant was like a raid of them comes at night or something i would love to see them little buggers shooting me with bows and storming me with like 25 skellys :D OH please please please add something like this
The individual is obsolete. When you and your kind are extinct, we will cleanse our collective memory of the stain of your existence.

Redshadow

Second time trying to write this, some ideas for ya'
-Rotting zombies, actual rotting doesn't do anything beyond normal damage, it'll be like cataracts for eyes, but for every non-prosthetic limb/body part
-Gas zombies, they're normal zombies but after being dead for a couple of minutes, they explode into a cloud of gas that makes breathing & seeing difficult for anyone/thing inside the cloud, just an idea I took from every corpse that's exploded(irl)due to internal gas buildup
-A very rare trader melee weapon that's basically just a syringe, but has 100% chance to infect someone with the virus(the opposite of what everybody here's been asking for(a way to remove the virus from someone), aw yeah, anti-mainstream.. ism?). I feel like it'd be a pretty nice addition, & it'd help a roleplayer to make a 'zombie laboratory' colony that'll go to hell(which I intend to do eventually)
-Zombies are more flammable than humans, but take less damage from fire, meaning things like flamethrowers/molotovs are good ways at killing them if they're not able to run & hit you instantly, because if they can it'd be just amping up the damage the zombie deals to you(I think melee from a burning pawn does burn damage to the thing it's attacking)('Cause whynot?)
-A very rare zombie that regens all its limbs except for its head/brain & keeps coming back to life until its brain is destroyed, thus emphasizing on the old 'gotta shoot them in the head, or they'll keep coming back'(could also be two variants, one that takes days to get back up, and one that takes minutes)
-Weaponized rotting meat, is like a grenade, but it stays in the same place for a couple of ingame hours, and lures all nearby zombies to it. Can be crafted at butcher's table for a couple of meat of any kind, but once it's thrown, its weapon disappears(like the Doomsday rocket launcher)
-Typically more of a steep scale of zombie items, such as, if a zombie spawns in with tribal gear he's unlikely to have anything else good, but if a zombie spawns in with a power armour helmet, he's typically going to have a whole bunch of other powerful apparel too. I think that'd somewhat cover the need for 'mutations'. Just standard weak zombies and occasionally fully decked out zombies that don't take 'no brains for you' as an answer.
Yes, I made my icon in a game called LittleBigPlanet...

Z0_oM

Why EVERY hit done to my colonists by zombies, makes them infected? It worked fine few days ago, and i suppose this mod incompatible with some mods like expanded prosthetic, etc.

doomonion

I'd shit bricks if a squad of power armor clad zombies came running towards my base.

quickedit: well, seeing how zombies use a hidden faction as their 'faction', it'd be pretty easy to achieve, simply divide the hidden factions to several; e.g. tribal zombies, spacer zombies, etc

Redshadow

Also, I forgot to add this in my original idea post, but-
-Angry Corpse storyteller, uncommon standard bad events, but more frequent events like the random colonist joining & such, and does zombie events progressively more frequently.
-Unrelenting Corpse storyteller, is the same as above, but sends in zombies even more frequently(a couple of zombie events per day), so it's a real sense of urgent survival that'd force players to iron out any flaws in their defence quickly, or face the overwhelming horde knock down their doors and eat them all.
Yes, I made my icon in a game called LittleBigPlanet...

Justin C

Quote from: doomonion on March 27, 2015, 03:49:41 PM
I'd shit bricks if a squad of power armor clad zombies came running towards my base.

quickedit: well, seeing how zombies use a hidden faction as their 'faction', it'd be pretty easy to achieve, simply divide the hidden factions to several; e.g. tribal zombies, spacer zombies, etc
There is actually a separate zombie type for every single type of faction in the game, so you will run into zombie tribals as well as armored pirates and mercenaries.

Quote from: Redshadow on March 27, 2015, 05:32:09 PM
Also, I forgot to add this in my original idea post, but-
-Angry Corpse storyteller, uncommon standard bad events, but more frequent events like the random colonist joining & such, and does zombie events progressively more frequently.
-Unrelenting Corpse storyteller, is the same as above, but sends in zombies even more frequently(a couple of zombie events per day), so it's a real sense of urgent survival that'd force players to iron out any flaws in their defence quickly, or face the overwhelming horde knock down their doors and eat them all.
The mod already takes control away from the storyteller and spawns the raids at semi-random intervals. I did this to allow zombie raids to spawn close to normal enemy raids and allow fights to break out between them.

The difficulty selection determines the frequency and size of zombie raids.

Quote from: Z0_oM on March 27, 2015, 11:08:13 AM
Why EVERY hit done to my colonists by zombies, makes them infected? It worked fine few days ago, and i suppose this mod incompatible with some mods like expanded prosthetic, etc.
It's definitely incompatible with a lot of mods but that doesn't seem like the kind of problem that could be caused by mod compatibility. There's a chance that you were just unlucky, since it's random.

Kaballah

I regularly get zombies wearing power armor actually, and tbh you might tone the frequency down for PA a little bit if that is simple because you end up with gobs and gobs of PA pieces after a while.

Justin C

Quote from: Kaballah on March 27, 2015, 07:32:37 PM
I regularly get zombies wearing power armor actually, and tbh you might tone the frequency down for PA a little bit if that is simple because you end up with gobs and gobs of PA pieces after a while.
Yeah, I noticed that. It favors the expensive units a bit too much, which results in end-game raids that are a lot smaller than they used to be.

Dragoon

I'm fine with no mutants ;D. I just wanted to know what your thoughts about them were.
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

LustrousWolf

Will this mod work if I have these mods already? http://gyazo.com/0627a1651a09679162977afb9a35be3e
(Yes I have tested if all these work together and they do, only reason I am asking is this look pretty big :O)
If I get this mod I am guessing I will need a mod that allows me to get weapons faster maybe? by crafting or something? or is it easy to begin with with the zombies?

dunka

So I 'saved' a colonist by putting his torso bitten self in a cyro pod. Would it be possible to remove the alerts of "colonist bitten" etc for ones in pods? Basically ignore the ones in stasis.

Thanks!

Justin C

Quote from: dunka on March 29, 2015, 08:43:13 PM
So I 'saved' a colonist by putting his torso bitten self in a cyro pod. Would it be possible to remove the alerts of "colonist bitten" etc for ones in pods? Basically ignore the ones in stasis.

Thanks!
Yeah, that should be a quick change to make. I'll make sure it gets into the Alpha 10 release.

Quote from: LustrousWolf on March 29, 2015, 04:59:31 PM
Will this mod work if I have these mods already? http://gyazo.com/0627a1651a09679162977afb9a35be3e
(Yes I have tested if all these work together and they do, only reason I am asking is this look pretty big :O)
If I get this mod I am guessing I will need a mod that allows me to get weapons faster maybe? by crafting or something? or is it easy to begin with with the zombies?
I'm pretty sure Zombie Apocalypse will be incompatible with some of the mods you are currently using. Any mod that modifies Pawns in any way will have compatibility issues with Zombie Apocalypse.

xitude

I've been trying to get this to work, I only have core running (or else the game breaks) and i've been playing for about 2 hours with no zombies, I opened dev to see if its working, can't force a raid but can find zombie meat on the lists of spawns. Thoughts?

Kaballah