[A14d] Rimworld Zombie Apocalypse (v. 1.5 - July 26)

Started by Justin C, May 20, 2014, 02:09:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

seadderkrupp

Am using Win7 64. I have it working now. Basically deleted the configs and deleted the already created world(saved copies elsewhere) to start from scratch. Loaded Zombies only and created a world.
Waited a minute for the colonists to drop in and the alerts to show up. And it worked. So gradually added mods one at a time, each time reloading the game. And as long as the world is created using only the zombie mod and it is later in the load order it works fine. For me at least.

Vonholtz

Ok I played around with the order I had the mods. I have found out I think if you are using Glitter Tech mod you need to load it in front of the Zombie Apocalypse mod. I tried this on one PC and it worked. I am going to try it on my main one to see if it work there to. It likely that you will have to started a new game but I am not sure yet.

So ether click Glitter tech first or if using EdB mod order mod put Glitter tech above the zombie mod. And let me know if that works. I have been spending the last few day playing around with the place mods fit in with each other.

Edit: ok just tried it. I moved Glitter Tech above zombie mod with out starting a new game and as soon as I loaded in the the saved game I got the message on the right side "zombie virus active". So as fare as my set up goes glitter Tech first then Zombie mod. I do not know if this hold true with all mods but it worked in this case.

Wykin

Hey is it just me? Or is everyone else getting zombies raids, with only one zombie? If anyone can shed some light on this, whether or not its supposed to be this way that would be great :D Oh i also had a idea for your mod Justin, I think there should be Vaccine, but this vaccine causes permanent debuffs, i was reading the old forums, a lot of people thought that would be a great idea, just some food for thought.
This statement is False, Is it?

Mechanoid Hivemind

Quote from: Wykin on February 25, 2015, 01:03:23 AM
Hey is it just me? Or is everyone else getting zombies raids, with only one zombie? If anyone can shed some light on this, whether or not its supposed to be this way that would be great :D Oh i also had a idea for your mod Justin, I think there should be Vaccine, but this vaccine causes permanent debuffs, i was reading the old forums, a lot of people thought that would be a great idea, just some food for thought.
I keep getting raid that say "small" raid and it has like 10 zombies if that's a small raid i hate to see a large raid >.<
The individual is obsolete. When you and your kind are extinct, we will cleanse our collective memory of the stain of your existence.

kaiserslash

I love the look of this mod but I cant say I like the airborne feature.  If there is any possibilty could you make a version without the airborne feature?

Latta

Quote from: Justin C on February 23, 2015, 03:27:30 PM
English is the only language I speak (fluently), and because of that I haven't even taken the time to understand how strings and translations work in RimWorld. If someone shows interest in doing a translation for me I will move everything over to the string system.
I have enough interest of translation to this mod.
Before using keying, you need to replace all your hard-coded strings into something like this:

string foo = "SomeKey".translate();

Key value must be identical.
In your mod, it might look like this:

string foo = "MediumRaid".translate();
string bar = "ColonistsBitten".translate();
//instead of
//string foo = "A medium sized group of Zombies has appeared near your colony!";
//string bar = "Colonists Bitten!";

After replacing all these strings, make a structure of folders inside of your mod like this:
Languages\English\Keyed

Finally, inside of the Keyed folder, make new xml file with any file name, and write its content like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<LanguageData>

<MediumRaid>A medium sized group of Zombies has appeared near your colony!</MediumRaid>
    <ColonistsBitten>Colonists Bitten!</ColonistsBitten>

</LanguageDate>

It's okay even if this process take some time or versions before finish, I just want to translate it.

seadderkrupp

Thanks Vonholtz:) That is a lot easier and worked as well. I dropped glittertech though as caused issues with being able to perform operations.

JPott99

Does this mod require disabling of Core?
I am unsure as I am new to modding of Rimworld.

If it does, then it doesn't work.

Otherwise, I apologise for wasting time.

Justin C

Quote from: JPott99 on February 25, 2015, 02:33:48 PM
Does this mod require disabling of Core?
I am unsure as I am new to modding of Rimworld.

If it does, then it doesn't work.

Otherwise, I apologise for wasting time.
Nope. Never disable Core unless the mod specifically says to.

The way the mods work is they just replace or add on to the things in Core.

Quote from: Latta on February 25, 2015, 05:38:23 AM
Quote from: Justin C on February 23, 2015, 03:27:30 PM
English is the only language I speak (fluently), and because of that I haven't even taken the time to understand how strings and translations work in RimWorld. If someone shows interest in doing a translation for me I will move everything over to the string system.
I have enough interest of translation to this mod.
Before using keying, you need to replace all your hard-coded strings into something like this:

string foo = "SomeKey".translate();

Key value must be identical.
In your mod, it might look like this:

string foo = "MediumRaid".translate();
string bar = "ColonistsBitten".translate();
//instead of
//string foo = "A medium sized group of Zombies has appeared near your colony!";
//string bar = "Colonists Bitten!";

After replacing all these strings, make a structure of folders inside of your mod like this:
Languages\English\Keyed

Finally, inside of the Keyed folder, make new xml file with any file name, and write its content like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<LanguageData>

<MediumRaid>A medium sized group of Zombies has appeared near your colony!</MediumRaid>
    <ColonistsBitten>Colonists Bitten!</ColonistsBitten>

</LanguageDate>

It's okay even if this process take some time or versions before finish, I just want to translate it.
Thanks for the overview! I will make sure I get this in for Alpha 10.

aGuyNamdJesus

I scanned this forum but can't find a solution... When a zombie kills another person after virus has gone airborne they revive and show as neutral npcs. Blue or teal names. My colonists will not attack them even if attacked first. They will sit there and die. How do I fix this?

Justin C

Quote from: aGuyNamdJesus on February 25, 2015, 06:53:42 PM
I scanned this forum but can't find a solution... When a zombie kills another person after virus has gone airborne they revive and show as neutral npcs. Blue or teal names. My colonists will not attack them even if attacked first. They will sit there and die. How do I fix this?
Do you have any other mods active? When did it start happening? Were the zombies ever reanimating successfully that game?

If you can, please send me your world and colony save files, because I have never been able to replicate this bug.

Creating a new world and a new colony seems to fix it.

aGuyNamdJesus

First thank you so much for the quick reply.

1. Links to the mods.
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=9492.0 Defend the colony.
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=6261.msg60922#msg60922 prepare carefully.
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=7029.0 extended surgery
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=9521.0 more vanilla turrets
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=10865.0 finer things

2. Virus went airborne like 2nd day... first raider i killed reactivated from grave and was neutral.
3. Never reanimated hostile in my game.

I have no idea how to send world and colony files. Will gladly send you any info you can tell me how to get as this is my favorite mod.

Justin C

Quote from: aGuyNamdJesus on February 25, 2015, 07:17:30 PM
First thank you so much for the quick reply.

1. Will update
2. Virus went airborne like 2nd day... first raider i killed reactivated from grave and was neutral.
3. Never reanimated hostile in my game.

I have no idea how to send world and colony files. Will gladly send you any info you can tell me how to get as this is my favorite mod.
Second day? That's just bad luck. I've watched streamers play for 10 hours straight and never have the virus go airborne. :P

Yeah, it sounds to me like either the Zombie faction somehow generated as friendly to you, or no zombie faction generated at all, in which case it might have defaulted to a different faction. Neither should be possible if the mod is installed properly, but I can't be 100% sure since I've never run into the bug.

When you installed the mod did you create a new world and a new game on that world after installing it?

Open up the game, go to the Options, and there is a button "Open save data folder". Click that and then send me the Worlds and Saves folders.

aGuyNamdJesus

I don't mind the extra challenge. Love it in fact.

Well they attack my people and any other factions that enter but only my colonists will not attack. Other npcs fight back.

I made new world and new game yes.

Well my game will not load anymore... maybe a problem with the update and not your mod... Reinstalling whole game and my mod folders. Give me like 5 mins.

Justin C

Quote from: aGuyNamdJesus on February 25, 2015, 07:32:33 PM
I don't mind the extra challenge. Love it in fact.

Well they attack my people and any other factions that enter but only my colonists will not attack. Other npcs fight back.

I made new world and new game yes.

Well my game will not load anymore... maybe a problem with the update and not your mod... Reinstalling whole game and my mod folders. Give me like 5 mins.
Yeah, Zombies attack all non-zombies, regardless of faction.