[A14d] Rimworld Zombie Apocalypse (v. 1.5 - July 26)

Started by Justin C, May 20, 2014, 02:09:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

picollo

Quote from: Justin C on June 24, 2015, 07:07:26 PM
I want groups of zombies to be able to wipe out groups of raiders/travelers to add to their zombie horde. If it seems like they are a bit overpowered this way I will reintroduce the damage bonus and just scale it back a bit.

Got your idea. However for me this mod is somewhere in between two concepts.
Or we have zombie apocalypse in total version- all people basically died, and there are almost no humans. Then maybe consider reducing frequency of other raids, and make us face zombies only.

Otherwise let other factions face zombies, and have chances of winning substantially bigger. In all movies when you get used to zombies, they are dangerous when they surprise you, or heavily outnumber. ten prepared ppl kills two zombies without any problems.

hector212121

Make zombie meat not default to on when cooking  :o nearly broke my colonists when I set someone to start whipping up simple meals rather than just nom on corn

Kaballah

Kaballah

Quote from: Ninefinger on June 23, 2015, 10:49:15 PM
I actually agree with this a lot, the zombies are much more of a threat if they can survive the elements that you can not, so i have went ahead and made it so that zombies have a min -100 comfort temperature as well as leaving the default max 100 comfort temperature alone. In the Ultimate Overhaul Modpack.

Anyone who wants to make the zombies more of a threat on the ice sheet biome can easily make this adjustment by navigating to the zombie apocalypse mod and locating Defs\ThingDefs\Races_Zombie.xml and using Notepad++

Go to this line: Make sure you are looking at the "BaseZombie" Section.

<ThingDef ParentName="BaseZombie">
    <defName>Zombie</defName>
    <label>zombie</label>
    <description>All they want to do is eat your brains.</description>
    <uiIconPath>Things/Pawn/Humanlike/UI/IconHuman</uiIconPath>
    <statBases>
      <MarketValue>0</MarketValue>
      <MoveSpeed>2.3</MoveSpeed>
      <Flammability>0.5</Flammability>
      <ComfyTemperatureMin>-100</ComfyTemperatureMin>    <------------------
      <ComfyTemperatureMax>100</ComfyTemperatureMax>

And this adjustment does not affect the zombies on the other biomes simply because temperature is not really an issue on those biomes.

Anyways hope this helps, Cheers!

This has made zombies fucking terrifying, I encourage JustinC to make this the default.

Kaballah

I notice that zombies don't try to break down doors in this version, is that intended?  They walk up to the door and then just mill around outside.

Justin C

Quote from: Kaballah on June 29, 2015, 11:55:32 AM
I notice that zombies don't try to break down doors in this version, is that intended?  They walk up to the door and then just mill around outside.
Yeah, that was a change I made at the last second before release. It was the easiest fix for an issue I was having, and it was a requested feature anyway so I figured I'd see how it worked out. I think I will probably change it back for the next release.

Goldsmyths

Tried it for the first time today. Loved the first few hours. I never knew Ice Sheet was a bad idea.
Then... After the game becomes a race between cremating all corpse vs raid frequency, it forced me to Alt+F4. 600 Zombies per raid that does not run away is 600 Corpse to Cremate.
It becomes worse with any form of artillery.
Also, Rimfire/Rimsenal is the bane of this zombie apocalypse. Be prepared, and don't be a victim.

Justin C

Quote from: Goldsmyths on July 01, 2015, 06:26:19 AM
Tried it for the first time today. Loved the first few hours. I never knew Ice Sheet was a bad idea.
Then... After the game becomes a race between cremating all corpse vs raid frequency, it forced me to Alt+F4. 600 Zombies per raid that does not run away is 600 Corpse to Cremate.
It becomes worse with any form of artillery.
Also, Rimfire/Rimsenal is the bane of this zombie apocalypse. Be prepared, and don't be a victim.
This issue is pretty much unavoidable for any faction that is meant to attack in large numbers.

Also, keep in mind that I do not balance this mod against any other mods. If you are using a mod that increases your colony wealth beyond what you would normally see in vanilla RimWorld, the horde sizes will be bigger than usual.

Jacksidious

Ok I looked in the defs and searched the thread but can't find out if you can cap or lower zombie raid chance and number of zombies. Is there a way I could do this?

If not is there a way to safely remove this mod mid-game?

Love this mod and everything about it but the zombie raids a getting huge and keep coming. Which is great but starting to lag too much :(

skyarkhangel

Thanks to Justin C for great mod. I hope it will do to make it better:

Dear players,
I bring to your attention a special patch for the Hardcore SK. So, in the original version as already knows, zombies are weak and don't represent particular danger for the player... Now, everything is changes! Zombies have ceased to bleed, not frostbitten limbs and don't feel pain .. their bodies become slightly susceptible to range weapons. Significantly increased survival and 15% faster. But they also have a weakpoint! Shoot in the head and you'd be right!

Zombie Apocalypse -Hardcore_SK patch

RiftandRend

I noticed zombies don't extinguish themselves when on fire. Because of this, flame weapons such as the incendiary launcher can kill an entire horde in just a few shots, and the corpses will burn automatically.

Dragoon

Quote from: RiftandRend on August 11, 2015, 11:55:01 PM
I noticed zombies don't extinguish themselves when on fire. Because of this, flame weapons such as the incendiary launcher can kill an entire horde in just a few shots, and the corpses will burn automatically.

well yeah they are zombies not smart or anything. And of course you run the risk of burning the whole map if you have any place with trees since fire from the launcher will burn it down :/ .
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

vexen88

is there a way to make it were it dosent go air into the air just they get infected by bites only?

Justin C

Quote from: Encode on August 11, 2015, 11:46:49 PM
would it cause any prob to remove the <defName>Human</defName> branch? as this can/will cause prob with other mods that adds surgery recipes. Thanks!
Yes. That will break the zombie infections.

Quote from: RiftandRend on August 11, 2015, 11:55:01 PM
That's intended. I actually tried to stop them from putting themselves out before the very first release of the mod but that behavior was hardcoded at the time.

Quote from: vexen88 on August 13, 2015, 04:31:20 AM
is there a way to make it were it dosent go air into the air just they get infected by bites only?
Yes. That can be disabled in the XML as of the Alpha 11 release by setting the chance of the Airborne incident to 0.

Fred999

Great mod !! love it !!

Just one thing I noticed.. and maybe a suggestion or two :

- zombies attack turrets.. even with people behind turrets.. I thought it would be cool if they didn't looked at the turret and pass them to go for humans..  (like in real life  :D :D)

- would be cool that we see them arms raised (like in comics you know)  ;)

Thanks again for the mod, love it !