[A14d] Rimworld Zombie Apocalypse (v. 1.5 - July 26)

Started by Justin C, May 20, 2014, 02:09:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RetPaladinlol

Quote from: Grogfeld on August 12, 2016, 05:28:44 PM

Maybe not to you but to traders and visitors are a big problem if you leave zombie alone. Later, killed raider will rise as zombie so it's not so easy if you have 25+ dead raiders, maybe not hard but irritating enough ;)

Irritating or annoying is definitely the right word for it. But dangerous not so much in their current state. I usually go and mop them up before they even have a chance to interact with NPC's. I'd like to change that for my own play through though.

Fregrant

Using MedicalTraining mod for now, but it looking too cheatY.
Any corpses - colonists, raiders, zeds - disassembling into some medical experience on a cheap table  ::)
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=10623.msg105056#msg105056

Deimos Rast

I really like the idea behind this mod, so I figured I'd give it a whirl. Loaded it up, and while the mod seems to work ('Zombie Virus Active' listed in the active effects) it seems to conflict with about half my other mods. Minimap doesn't work for example, and half the mod options I normally get are missing. Removing this mod restores everything.
I'm guessing it's a load order issue? Should this be toward the top? Are there any known conflicts otherwise?
Cheers.
#StopPluginAbuse

Grogfeld

Quote from: Deimos Rast on August 18, 2016, 05:40:48 PM
I really like the idea behind this mod, so I figured I'd give it a whirl. Loaded it up, and while the mod seems to work ('Zombie Virus Active' listed in the active effects) it seems to conflict with about half my other mods. Minimap doesn't work for example, and half the mod options I normally get are missing. Removing this mod restores everything.
I'm guessing it's a load order issue? Should this be toward the top? Are there any known conflicts otherwise?
Cheers.
Are errors popup on loading game or in playtime? This is not save compatible mod. If you load it with old save, Zombies won't show up, because they are hidden faction, you can edit save for fix it but if you get other errors related to mods than it's something else. I have RZA loaded at the end of modlist and have no problems.

lukasix2273

Bugs:

1. Sometimes zombie(s) spawn too far from base and just idle/wander in their spawn location.
2. Zombies get 'stunned' or 'staggered' by shots, I don't know, maybe this is by design, but that makes them quite useless, they just freeze in place after taking a couple bullets. It shouldn't happen, imo.

Also, maybe 20% movement penalty for zombie is too much, if the mod intends to be challenging (and fun) rather than just annoying then you should maybe reduce that to 15-10%.

kosh401

Quote from: lukasix2273 on August 24, 2016, 11:51:27 AM
Bugs:

1. Sometimes zombie(s) spawn too far from base and just idle/wander in their spawn location.

I believe that's actually intended and meant to force you to venture out and finish them off before travelers come by or your pawns wander too close and get bit. It can be annoying at times but I overall I don't mind it.

lukasix2273

Quote from: kosh401 on August 24, 2016, 02:15:29 PM
Quote from: lukasix2273 on August 24, 2016, 11:51:27 AM
Bugs:

I believe that's actually intended and meant to force you to venture out and finish them off before travelers come by or your pawns wander too close and get bit. It can be annoying at times but I overall I don't mind it.

Ah, gotcha. Figured it might be intentional. I think the mod could use some options, like zombie behavior - reckless, spawns close to base, rushes you. Strategical zombies that try to mass-spread the infection, they could even attack animals to turn them into zombies (zombie muffalos, ha!). Additionally, some difficulty options could be included (raises zombie move speed, stagger/stun chance on bullet hits), or even better the zombies could behave differently depending on the scenario difficulty. Just some ideas.

Grogfeld

Actually they have some other behavior. I remember that sometimes, in Huge zombie spawns, they started attack, or have bigger "observation" radius. I don't know if this is true, because I'm playing on Medium plus one size map but I think that it's big enough especially that smaller groups don't attack so reckless. But yea, there are many possibilities to expand this mod. Still it's enjoyable. I don't know how zombie spawn is created but if it's like other raids and fit into storyteller job than it should be separated and have random chance for spawn, aside of normal storyteller incident creation rules.

This would make a bit harder but still fun. OR create an additional incident based on travelers / visitors /traders group where a zombie incident is created just after this, with explanation that zombies are hunting this groups. Not so hard to code, still fun and challenging to play.

Demonlord091

Any chance of this mod being updated for Alpha 15?

Figured I'd ask. It's always been a fun one to use.

neobikes

Funny thing happened to me today.

Reily, a ranch owner was chased by some pirates and asked for help. I invited him in :)
Once he showed up i saw his stats.... it was pathetic guy, not worth having him.
Anyway i repelled pirates and was thinking what to do with that colonist.

Some time later horde of Zombies came to me. I killed some of them and few always hangs around not attacking... so i send there Reily :) - was thinking it would be fun to see him turning into zombie:)

So Zombie did bitten Reily .. hard, he got infection, but Zombies didn't killed him, instead they knocked him out with only 53% bleeding.

"Poor Reily was about to lay there for few days untill he bleeds out and turn to Zombie :)" i thought

but no....
Here came Federal Corps - 7 baddasses with vests, implants and vibroswords and big hammers, and shielded, and some imba guns and i only had 3 pistols and rifle and 6 colonists.

But on the way to my colony there was Reily laying and bleeding :D with that zombie infection.
They decided they will capture what they can and flee, so they captured Reily :)

And funny is:
After few days i got info that Reily has died because of Zombie infection :)

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

Honestly Sassy

I would love to make a suggestion, with the new drug system going on, why not make a drug that, while it doesn't cure the infection will halt its progression to the next stage for a certain period of time, going without it will cause you to continue to progress and using it will halt you on whatever stage your on, meaning whatever negeative effects your getting for the stage your on, those will be the main effects you feel, so at somepoint it would be pointless to innoculate them anymore

CellticPiruleta

until when will post the version a15 ;-;

DoomAngelBlade

lance789

Jdalt40

Please stop asking, Justin has been updating it in his own time, people have a life you know?