[A14d] Rimworld Zombie Apocalypse (v. 1.5 - July 26)

Started by Justin C, May 20, 2014, 02:09:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Justin C

Quote from: bobucles on August 20, 2014, 09:41:30 PM
Is it possible to set up zombie anatomy that differs from their victims?

Because everyone knows that torso shots are useless. You have to aim for the head.
Well you'd still want bullets to the limbs or torso to slow them down, so changing the anatomy is out of the question. I could make body shots do less damage to their health, but I definitely won't require headshots to kill them. Imagine trying to headshot a group of zombies early game when you have 2 colonists with pistols and no shooting skills who can't hit the broad side of a barn. No, I don't see the point in penalizing poor accuracy when it's not the players doing the actual shooting.

Iwillbenicetou

I might need help. I have never done programming, so I need some help. I looked at AIO mod pack, and I looked in assemblies and it said that each individual mod had it's own .dll file, not folder. So this "project" of mine will take a lot more than just click and drag. It will also give me time to learn some code. Maybe you could help me, and continue this with PM's? If not I will look somewhere else.

I also have to go to sleep. Maybe you could help me tomorrow or something?

EDIT: I found how to do it. It's pretty easy. :D
Mod Help! The basics on how to download mods!

Justin C

Quote from: Iwillbenicetou on August 20, 2014, 10:11:59 PM
I might need help. I have never done programming, so I need some help. I looked at AIO mod pack, and I looked in assemblies and it said that each individual mod had it's own .dll file, not folder. So this "project" of mine will take a lot more than just click and drag. It will also give me time to learn some code. Maybe you could help me, and continue this with PM's? If not I will look somewhere else.

I also have to go to sleep. Maybe you could help me tomorrow or something?
Those would be the DLL files from the mods themselves. I assume they just took all of the DLLs from each individual "Assemblies" folder and threw them all in the same one for the pack. You shouldn't need to do any coding.

DorgoDorato

Quote from: Justin C on August 20, 2014, 06:35:49 PM
I would definitely appreciate any YouTube videos or even screenshots that show off my mod. I'm absolutely awful at that stuff.

Also, I just found someone who is currently streaming Rimworld with Zombie Apocalypse:
http://www.twitch.tv/thaan

He just finished an 11 hour stream! I died twice in his world :P

ghandhi_rules

The ModDB frontpage is linking to the Alpha 4 download, you'll have to go to the top for downloads to get the latest. Hopefully this saves others my sorrow of trying to get it to work while using the wrong version.

khromosone

Annoying, playing on casual and they still send 5-6 zombies first go. They are hard to kite and boring really.

Iwillbenicetou

Justin C

Quote from: ghandhi_rules on August 21, 2014, 06:43:37 AM
The ModDB frontpage is linking to the Alpha 4 download, you'll have to go to the top for downloads to get the latest. Hopefully this saves others my sorrow of trying to get it to work while using the wrong version.
Sorry, the front page is displaying the Alpha 4 release article, since I haven't finished the Alpha 6 release article yet. I added a warning above the link in the article for now.

Quote from: khromosone on August 21, 2014, 07:42:53 AM
Annoying, playing on casual and they still send 5-6 zombies first go. They are hard to kite and boring really.
Weird. It should only be spawning one or two the first time. Did you build up your base a bit or add defenses before the spawn?

bird929

This mod is dose not work for me, i can not unstuff it. :(

Justin C

Quote from: bird929 on August 21, 2014, 02:37:36 PM
This mod is dose not work for me, i can not unstuff it. :(
Can you give more details? Are you getting a black screen? If so you might be trying to use the Alpha 4 version with Alpha 6 RimWorld.

I just posted a new news article to ModDB, so when that is approved it should fix the problem of people accidentally downloading the old version.

Brendon

I might just be having really bad RNG luck but within the first 20 minutes of starting a colony i get the airborne zombie virus that makes the whole screen white, is their any possibility of making a version without the airborne zombie virus event?

DorgoDorato

I watched the whole play through on Twitch of Thaan using this mod, and not once did I see any of the thousands of dead people littering his world get back up. People killed directly by the zombies were immediately reanimated, but those who died of natural causes stayed dead. The airborne event was active the whole time too. On a related note, there were loads of people that'd be attacked, receiving loads of bite wounds, and not get infected and start dying as well.

Clayton

I just witnessed one of my original colonist succumb to his infection and turn in front of my eyes lol.

Herc18

When do zombies happen?? I'm on day 30 no zombies yet??
What has been, will be again.

Iwillbenicetou