[A14d] Rimworld Zombie Apocalypse (v. 1.5 - July 26)

Started by Justin C, May 20, 2014, 02:09:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Herc18

I'm playing on a new colony does it have to be a new world as well?? It says zombie virus active? But I've killed 4 raiders and none have turned? They just rot
What has been, will be again.

khromosone

vagineer1

Would it be possible for a version of this mod without the airborne virus incident to exist? I love the idea of this mod but most of my colonies are outdoor-based.
You see this tank?

This tank is the epitome of "I'm going to destroy you"

This tank can make Chuck norris cry.

All hail the Takemikazuchi.

Iwillbenicetou

Mod Help! The basics on how to download mods!

vagineer1

You see this tank?

Iwillbenicetou

Follow these steps:
Defs>IncidentDefs>BaseIncident_Zombies then fiddle around. Airborne virus is at the bottom.
Mod Help! The basics on how to download mods!

vagineer1

Quote from: Iwillbenicetou on August 22, 2014, 09:32:31 AM
Follow these steps:
Defs>IncidentDefs>BaseIncident_Zombies then fiddle around. Airborne virus is at the bottom.

Thank you.
You see this tank?

vagineer1

Follow these steps:

I checked out the XML file and the chance for the airborne virus is 0 (I did not edit it) Does that mean it will not happen?
You see this tank?

Ominus

I've ran across  a compatibility problem with this mod and Haplos MAI.
As soon as i activate a MAI i get spammed with the error in the picture, the error goes away when MAI dies, if a colonist gets bitten while the error is happening i seem to loose any control over the game, but the colonists still go about doing their jobs.

I hope this can be resolved somehow, was gonna use MAIs as high risk cargo haulers for stuff outside my base, got lots of roaming zombies on my map xD

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

Haplo

Can you post the output_log.txt file from the RimWorld-subfolder ../RimWorld532Win_Data/ please?
Then I can take a look at what the problem can be..
It may be a problem because of the custom pawn class mai uses..

Ominus

here you go, hope its of some use.

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

Somz

God, this mod is crazy. It's just crazy! Madness!
In a good way...! Feels like an actual space zombie movie.
To beer or not to beer.
That is a laughable question.

Haplo

Quote from: Ominus on August 22, 2014, 02:47:51 PM

Thank you.. Hmm, it is really a problem from the zombie mod... As it casts a found pawn directly to BitablePawn. The problem is, that Mai is not a BiteablePawn. She is an AIPawn with a Pawn as a base..

Hmm, It may work, with some small changes to the assembly...
But I'm unsure, if what I've found is all that's needed... We'll see...

Alternately I could make an Mai that inherits BitablePawn, but that version wouldn't be compatible with non zombie mods... And.. do you really wanna have a zombie Mai? ;)

Justin C

Quote from: vagineer1 on August 22, 2014, 10:23:38 AM
Follow these steps:

I checked out the XML file and the chance for the airborne virus is 0 (I did not edit it) Does that mean it will not happen?
No. It is set to 0 so the Storyeller won't call the events. The mod actually handles deciding when raids and the airborne event happen.

Justin C

Quote from: Haplo on August 22, 2014, 03:23:54 PM
Quote from: Ominus on August 22, 2014, 02:47:51 PM

Thank you.. Hmm, it is really a problem from the zombie mod... As it casts a found pawn directly to BitablePawn. The problem is, that Mai is not a BiteablePawn. She is an AIPawn with a Pawn as a base..

Hmm, It may work, with some small changes to the assembly...
But I'm unsure, if what I've found is all that's needed... We'll see...

Alternately I could make an Mai that inherits BitablePawn, but that version wouldn't be compatible with non zombie mods... And.. do you really wanna have a zombie Mai? ;)
Yeah, I did assume that all colonists would be biteable in the bitten alert check. At the time I wasn't concerned because I assumed that if there were colonists who weren't pawns the mod just wasn't working for whatever reason. I guess this makes me an ass * 2.

Ludum Dare starts in about 2 hours so I am not going to commit to fixing the issue tonight. It ends on Sunday evening, so after that I will make sure Zombie Apocalypse is compatible with MAI.

If there are any other mods you guys are having compatibility issues with please list them here so I can try to fix those for the next release.