[A14d] Rimworld Zombie Apocalypse (v. 1.5 - July 26)

Started by Justin C, May 20, 2014, 02:09:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vonholtz

Quote from: Baguette on January 18, 2015, 07:25:51 AM
So... This mod limits the time you have to play because the virus goes airborne and everyone gets infected? That doesnt really sound fair.
LoL this is Rimworld with or with out a zombie apocalypse what make you thing it is fair.  ;D

Dragoon

Quote from: Baguette on January 18, 2015, 07:25:51 AM
So... This mod limits the time you have to play because the virus goes airborne and everyone gets infected? That doesnt really sound fair.

It doesn't limit you it just goes walking dead where everyone turns when they DIE other wise they are fine :]

OH if I may ask if it's something you could code could you add the ability to strike someone on the head or something to (prevent them from turning if they have like the plague you know) into operations ?
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

f0xh0und696

the airborne virus doesn't turn the colonists it only effects corpses.
so if you kill some raiders, drifters, visitors, ect, the'll turn into zombies. but kill a zombie and it will stay dead.
point is its not the end of the game, just makes it so you'll have to burn the dead more often.

edit: guess you beat me to it  ;D

Baguette

Ah, So the virus going airborne only affects corpses? Alright.
R.I.P all my saves that got permanently corrupted by mods
2015-2015

f0xh0und696

dont worry about dessicrated one, they dont come back, just fresh and (i think) rotting.
but the event is somewhat rare and most people usualy have a crematorium by then anyway.
i think  :-\

valkyrie

no when it goes viral all pawn corpses can come back from the dead so you need to incinerate them where as the default infection is if a zombie bites you the pawn turns into a zombie, the viral simply means that pawns killed in anyway or buried in your graves will reanimate, there is no time its just as long as you can hold out

alienz

What are you waiting for? Alpha 9? T-T

Is it possible to release the code so someone else can have a crack at porting to the current game version? This obviously has a lot of interest. No disrespect, I know what it's like to be short on time.

Justin C

Hey guys, just popping in to say I'm sorry for not getting this updated yet.

Updating the mod has been at the top of my to-do list for the last month, but the idea of spending 20-30 hours updating and testing it is pretty daunting. Every time I set down to do it this month I realized I just didn't have the motivation. This project was something I originally started for fun, but every time I think about it I just get a feeling of dread because of the amount of work it will take to update it (and then again almost immediately afterwards, for Alpha 9), and guilt because I have kept you guys waiting for so long already. I'm not saying this because I wish to end the project or anything. I just want to give a bit of perspective to those who are rightfully annoyed with me right now.

I'm planning on working on the mod this weekend, and hopefully I will have it done for you guys in the middle of next week. And I promise I will have the Alpha 9 version done much more quickly.

akiceabear

Quote from: Justin C on January 22, 2015, 02:29:21 AM
I'm planning on working on the mod this weekend, and hopefully I will have it done for you guys in the middle of next week. And I promise I will have the Alpha 9 version done much more quickly.

I look forward to giving it a try, but by all means take your time and enjoy your free time, too! No problem waiting until A9 :)

soulkata

Updating the mod has been at the top of my to-do list for the last month, but the idea of spending 20-30 hours updating and testing it is pretty daunting. Every time I set down to do it this month I realized I just didn't have the motivation. This project was something I originally started for fun, but every time I think about it I just get a feeling of dread because of the amount of work it will take to update it (and then again almost immediately afterwards, for Alpha 9), and guilt because I have kept you guys waiting for so long already. I'm not saying this because I wish to end the project or anything. I just want to give a bit of perspective to those who are rightfully annoyed with me right now.

Well, I think that making it OpenSurce is the answer! Then, instead of complaining about the release, the people can do-it themselves!

W1Z25

thanks for the update!

Mechanoid Hivemind

id be okay with waiting on A9, because its around the corner so there wouldn't a point to release it for A8.
The individual is obsolete. When you and your kind are extinct, we will cleanse our collective memory of the stain of your existence.

Ronin90

Good to know the project is still alive, i'm looking forward to finally try this mod.

tresflores

you shouldnt over work yourself just wait until alpha nine just a few weeks off

Justin C

Quote from: tresflores on January 30, 2015, 10:10:06 PM
you shouldnt over work yourself just wait until alpha nine just a few weeks off
Yeah, that's pretty much what I've decided I'm going to do since so many people seem to agree it's a good idea. I feel bad though, because this is the second alpha I've skipped since I released the mod.

You guys can expect Zombie Apocalypse to be updated on day 1 of Alpha 9.