[B18] Rainbeau's Mods -- Lots of Stuff! Take a Look!

Started by dburgdorf, November 06, 2017, 07:30:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dburgdorf

Quote from: zah1 on December 24, 2017, 02:21:23 PMSorry, I meant Faction Control in the former post.

That's great, but I still have no idea what error you're encountering or with what other mod "Faction Control" seems to be conflicting. Until I know exactly what the issue is, so I can reproduce it, I really can't be expected to do anything about fixing it.
- Rainbeau Flambe (aka Darryl Burgdorf) -
Old. Short. Grumpy. Bearded. "Yeah, I'm a dorf."

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

dburgdorf

To those who celebrate it, for whatever reason(s), Merry Christmas! To those who don't, well, have a happy Monday! :D

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

dburgdorf

Last update: 12/31/2017

This mod just adds several scenarios for RimWorld.

(1) Colonization Crash Course:

"Young adults from dozens of planets were drawn together in an ambitious project to colonize a virgin world. A fleet was launched to carry them to their destiny, stocked with the supplies that would ensure their success. 

"But one ship was lost along the way, victim of a fluke accident. Most of those it carried perished when it was destroyed, but a few found themselves stranded, alone and ill-equipped, on an unknown rimworld...."

This is a variation of the "Crashlanded" default scenario, altered so that your colonists are all young adults with a slightly better than average chance of having beneficial character traits.

To better simulate a crash landing, starting supplies don't include silver or a pet, and you'll only have wood immediately available if your pods happen to crush some trees as you land. There's also less steel and fewer components. But don't let that worry you, as you'll be encountering a fair number of falling ship chunks and "meteorites" composed of molten steel or components from your ship. These will fall frequently over the first few days, but will taper off as time goes on.

If you're really lucky, a cargo pod with valuable supplies or even a refugee pod could land nearby soon after your arrival. Of course, if you're not so lucky, a large chunk of steel from the remains of your ship might land right on top of your stores of food and medicine.

Oh, and be wary of fires. Meteorites and ship chunks now have a chance of starting fires when they land, and additionally, the ionization of the atmosphere from all the debris falling through it might cause a flashstorm or two.

(2) Colonization Crash Course - Low Tech:

This is the "Colonization Crash Course" scenario, but with one additional twist: none of your pawns start with the MacGyveresque ability to create complex power systems out of random junk and broken components. To put it in more specific game terms, you won't start with "Electricity" or any techs which depend upon it already known. Your colonists will need to do some research before they start building solar panels, batteries, air conditioners and the like.

(3) Crashlanded - Low Tech:

This is the default "Crashlanded" scenario with "Electricity" and any researches which depend upon it removed as starting techs, but otherwise unaltered.

(4) Moon Fall:

This is a tribal scenario. It's essentially the same as the default "Lost Tribe" scenario, except that your pawns are fleeing the devastation of their homeland caused by debris from the cataclysmic destruction of their planet's moon. The worst has passed, but you'll still have to contend with a lot of meteorites, and probably some flashstorms, especially in the early weeks of the game.

NOTE: By default, this mod changes meteorites and ship chunks so that they have a chance of starting fires, and changes pods so that they have a chance of crushing trees, scattering wood about, if they land in appropriate biomes. Both of those changes affect all games, regardless of the scenario being played or the storyteller in use. But both of them can be turned off in the mod's options menu, if you don't like them.

- Rainbeau Flambe (dburgdorf)

Steam Workshop Link

Dropbox Link

Compatibility:

All this mod really does is add a few scenarios (and a few scenario-specific incidents), so I doubt that it would conflict with anything. Adding the mod to or removing it from a game in progress should be safe.

Credits:

The mod utilizes Pardeike's "Harmony Patch Library." (No additional download is required, as the library is included with the mod.)

The idea for "Moon Fall" came from Ellit's scenario, "The Moon that Fell from the Sky."

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

Crow_T

Ah yes, these new scenarios sound awesome! Definitely trying Colonization Crash Course - Low Tech in my next play, this seems like the most reasonable case for a group of random survivors. Big Thanks for cooking these up :)
(regarding dead man's apparel)
"I think, at the very least, the buff should go away for jackets so long as you're wearing the former owner's skin as a shirt."
-Condaddy20

Chicken Plucker

You put a lot of thought on the backstories of these scenarios, I'm guessing some of them were ideas from past playthrough?

Wanderer_joins

Hi, i've been trying 'faction control' for a tribal only playthrough and it seems great. But day 12 with Cassandra i had still not been raided (vs usually day 5 for the first raid with a drifter).

I've tested a few configurations (with humanoid + tribal raider on and off) and it seems that the storyteller can't fire the first raid with tribespeople. With Cassandra the 35 points are not enough to send a warrior or an archer. With Randy i can fire the first raid when the margin gets above 40 points (= archer or warrior).

dburgdorf

Quote from: Wanderer_joins on December 28, 2017, 03:29:42 PMI've tested a few configurations (with humanoid + tribal raider on and off) and it seems that the storyteller can't fire the first raid with tribespeople.

Hmm. I'll look into that. Thanks for pointing it out.

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

Shotgunfrenzy

Hey Rainbeau, love all your mods

Don't know if you have updated it yet but I was learning how to use patch operations and messing around with wild cultivation, changed the layering so the new glow stool plants and the pincushion cacti appear above the flower pot, yeah its not a major change but it does look better...

Thanks

dburgdorf

Quote from: Shotgunfrenzy on December 29, 2017, 06:45:56 AMDon't know if you have updated it yet....

The incorrect <altitudeLayer> designations were fixed in the update to "Wild Cultivation" I released last week. Among its changes, that update also removed the ability to grow glowstools in planters, as they're harvestable rather than decorative plants.

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

Shotgunfrenzy

Quote from: dburgdorf on December 29, 2017, 08:15:10 AM
Quote from: Shotgunfrenzy on December 29, 2017, 06:45:56 AMDon't know if you have updated it yet....

The incorrect <altitudeLayer> designations were fixed in the update to "Wild Cultivation" I released last week. Among its changes, that update also removed the ability to grow glowstools in planters, as they're harvestable rather than decorative plants.

Ah cool, thanks :)

Crow_T

Some feedback on the scenarios- the pod crashes generate a ton of wood, it seems like I am getting 400+ from pod crashes in a temperate forest biome. I think getting some wood like 50-100 is fair seeing that most of the trees would be splinters from the impact.

Also the crashing bits make things interesting, especially having the convenience of ship chunks delivered right inside your base saving my pawns some walking :)
(regarding dead man's apparel)
"I think, at the very least, the buff should go away for jackets so long as you're wearing the former owner's skin as a shirt."
-Condaddy20

dburgdorf

Scenarios has been updated:

- The two "Colonization Crash Course" scenarios have been modified slightly to accommodate a bug in the "Prepare Carefully" mod. (Steel slag and ship chunks are now scattered anywhere on the map instead of specifically being located near the player start location.)

- Cut the amount of wood generated by pod crashes roughly in half.

- The mod now works with the "Mod Sync Ninja" updater.

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

dburgdorf

Faction Control and Tribal Raiders have been updated, to add a "young warrior" pawn kind with a weaker combat strength. This will allow tribal factions and tribal raider factions to be usable for early (35 point) raids. Without the weaker pawns, in games using only tribal factions, early raids simply weren't being generated.

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

dburgdorf

Happy 20(beta)18, everybody! Hope the new year treats you well!

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

RyanRim

Happy new year. Welcoming 2018 with raving labbids

✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯