[B18] Rainbeau's Mods -- Lots of Stuff! Take a Look!

Started by dburgdorf, November 06, 2017, 07:30:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

onerous1

Also, I cannot figure out how to butcher shellfish like crab, lobster, etc to get raw meat. I was using an older version of the mod when I realized that shellfish weren't being used to make pemmican and jerked meats (another mod). My cook could create them out of nothing (impressive) although I had the ingredients available. This still happens when I upgraded to the latest version (eg cook would make pemmican but not use crab and berries) and the description doesn't list any ingredients once it is completed. I think it's because shellfish are not listed as corpses unless I'm missing something important.

dburgdorf

Quote from: onerous1 on January 08, 2018, 10:41:10 AMAlso, I cannot figure out how to butcher shellfish like crab, lobster, etc to get raw meat.

Prior to the latest update, shellfish couldn't be butchered, but were only used whole. That was changed in yesterday's release, but if you're using a "butcher animals" bill from before the change, you'll need to manually add the shellfish to it. (Or alternately, you can just delete the existing bill and create a new one, which will default to having everything included already.)

As to the "making stuff from nothing" issue, I've heard one or two other reports since b18 came out about that, but I've never encountered the problem myself, so I suspect it's due either to a bug in another mod or to an unidentified conflict between "Fishing" and some other mod.
- Rainbeau Flambe (aka Darryl Burgdorf) -
Old. Short. Grumpy. Bearded. "Yeah, I'm a dorf."

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

SpaceDorf

Quote from: onerous1 on January 08, 2018, 08:54:01 AM
Edible Backstories downloads an empty file from dropbox.

I just wanted to report the same problem .. someone must have eaten them  ;D
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Canute

Quote from: dburgdorf on January 08, 2018, 11:33:39 AM
As to the "making stuff from nothing" issue, I've heard one or two other reports since b18 came out about that, but I've never encountered the problem myself, so I suspect it's due either to a bug in another mod or to an unidentified conflict between "Fishing" and some other mod.
I am pretty sure this is a B18 bug.
I allready reported this.
And i encounter this issue, with very little mods, and no fishing mod for sure.

Vlad0mi3r

Secondary crop harvesting in a non orchard designated growing zone does not seem to work with click and drag.

I was growing some cherry trees primarily for their wood and wanted to collect the cherries. Clicking on each tree and then harvest secondary was a pain. This would also help when harvesting wild fruit as well.

(I also have the situation of my season being permanent summer? I don't know what has caused it I was wondering if fertile fields had something to do with it?)
Mods I would recommend:
Mending, Fertile Fields, Smokeleaf Industries and the Giddy Up series.

The Mod you must have:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=40545.msg403503#msg403503

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: Vlad0mi3r on January 08, 2018, 05:36:13 PM
Secondary crop harvesting in a non orchard designated growing zone does not seem to work with click and drag.

I was growing some cherry trees primarily for their wood and wanted to collect the cherries. Clicking on each tree and then harvest secondary was a pain. This would also help when harvesting wild fruit as well.

(I also have the situation of my season being permanent summer? I don't know what has caused it I was wondering if fertile fields had something to do with it?)

Isn't permanent summer just from being close to the equator?

dburgdorf

Vlad0mi3r: I have a great deal of trouble believing that either problems with seasonal temperature cycles or problems with crop harvesting have anything to do with any of my mods, since none of my mods alter anything even peripherally related to those mechanics.

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

dburgdorf

Quote from: Harry_Dicks on January 08, 2018, 06:25:24 PMIsn't permanent summer just from being close to the equator?

I don't know about permanent summer, but isn't "Endless Summer" an old Beach Boys album?

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

Vlad0mi3r

Yep endless summer was the beach boys.

Back in the days when album cover art was everything.

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]
Mods I would recommend:

The Mod you must have:

dburgdorf

Quote from: onerous1 on January 08, 2018, 08:54:01 AMEdi[ta]ble Backstories downloads an empty file from dropbox.

The dropbox link has been fixed.

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

dburgdorf

Fertile Fields has been updated:

- FIRST ANNIVERSARY UPDATE! "Fertile Fields" is now a year old!

- The mod now finally works again with Fluffy's "Architect Sense," as it's supposed to.

- The transformations in the rocky dirt - sand - gravel - soil sequence have been adjusted so they make a bit more sense and to correct some imbalances.

- Transformation of ice to shallow water is no longer possible on ice sheet maps, but only on sea ice maps.

- Transforming sand to shallow water no longer has a research prerequisite.

- Switching between shallow water and sand now requires (or provides) both sand and crushed rocks.

- The market values of sand, dirt, crushed rocks and clay have been doubled, and the time required to create them has been cut to a quarter of what it was before, to try to better balance the cost of buying supplies against the work requirements of making them.

- The market value of fertilizer has been increased from 1.5 to 6.

- Fertilizer is no longer required for any "Terraform" transformations, but only for "Farming" transformations.

- Fertilizer has, however, been added as a requirement for turning rich soil into plowed soil. (It may not make much sense from a "realism" perspective to require fertilizer for plowing, but it works for game balance.)

- Failure chance for "Farming" jobs (creating rich soil, plowing soil, etc.) is now linked to a pawn's Growing skill rather than to Construction skill.

- Added Russian language translation files provided by fox_kirya.

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

Vlad0mi3r

Thankyou.

The growing V construction for farming tasks is greatly appreciated.
Mods I would recommend:

The Mod you must have:

Harry_Dicks

The transformations in the rocky dirt - sand - gravel - soil sequence have been adjusted so they make a bit more sense and to correct some imbalances.

I'm excited to see the changes. I'm not going to admit that the first time I used this mod, that I may or may not have had my fingers on the screen trying to remember sequences of terraforming steps to see what was more cost effective ::)

dburgdorf

Quote from: Harry_Dicks on January 08, 2018, 10:20:09 PMI'm not going to admit that the first time I used this mod, that I may or may not have had my fingers on the screen trying to remember sequences of terraforming steps to see what was more cost effective ::)

Hopefully, that will no longer be necessary. I think I've now caught and corrected the last of the "non-zero sum" loops that existed. So there shouldn't be much reason any more to worry about which terraforming "path" is the best bet.

And also, it was well past time to add clay into some of the transformations. It was just that clay got added to the mod so long after most of the terraforming options had been set, that I hadn't really thought about it.

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

SpaceDorf

Quote from: Harry_Dicks on January 08, 2018, 10:20:09 PM

I'm excited to see the changes. I'm not going to admit that the first time I used this mod, that I may or may not have had my fingers on the screen trying to remember sequences of terraforming steps to see what was more cost effective ::)

Thats good, because I totally did not do the same thing on paper.

Quote from: dburgdorf on January 08, 2018, 09:58:26 PM
Fertile Fields has been updated:

- FIRST ANNIVERSARY UPDATE! "Fertile Fields" is now a year old!

Congratulations !!

- Fertilizer has, however, been added as a requirement for turning rich soil into plowed soil. (It may not make much sense from a "realism" perspective to require fertilizer for plowing, but it works for game balance.)

It actually makes a lot of sense, since fertilizer is often applied before sowing or immediatly after sowing to give the seeds a little push.

- Failure chance for "Farming" jobs (creating rich soil, plowing soil, etc.) is now linked to a pawn's Growing skill rather than to Construction skill.

And which worktype is required now to do "Farming" Jobs ?
Last I knew it was construction.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.