[B18] Rainbeau's Mods -- Lots of Stuff! Take a Look!

Started by dburgdorf, November 06, 2017, 07:30:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dburgdorf

Quote from: SpaceDorf on January 09, 2018, 02:16:05 AMAnd which worktype is required now to do "Farming" Jobs ? Last I knew it was construction.

Actually, the transformations on the "Farming" menu have been Growing jobs, utilizing and benefiting the Growing skill, since the b18 update. (The transformations on the "Terraform" menu remain Construction jobs.) The fact that the failure chance for those jobs was still linked to a pawn's "ConstructSuccess" stat was an oversight that I was overdue to correct.
- Rainbeau Flambe (aka Darryl Burgdorf) -
Old. Short. Grumpy. Bearded. "Yeah, I'm a dorf."

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

Sarge

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: Sarge on January 09, 2018, 01:10:17 PM
Stupid question: Where/How do I get clay?

I think you get some from some of the terraforming options, but I believe I also was able to make some at a rock station? I honestly can barely keep up with what comes from who's mods anymore. I had to option from I think a rock station to split chunks into crushed rock and sand, and I think it was sand and dirt for clay, or clay and sand comes from chunks... ahhh I can't remember.

onerous1

I still can't butcher shellfish using a butcher table. I tested this with a new game and with just basic ridges and fishing installed.

dburgdorf

Quote from: Sarge on January 09, 2018, 01:10:17 PMStupid question: Where/How do I get clay?

Some terrain transformations now yield clay (in particular, converting soil to sand), dirt can be "split" into sand and clay at a crafting spot or a rock mill, and crushed rocks can be further crushed to create clay. You can also sometimes buy it from traders.

Quote from: onerous1 on January 09, 2018, 01:16:57 PMI still can't butcher shellfish using a butcher table. I tested this with a new game and with just basic ridges and fishing installed.

I'll double check when I get home, but it was working just fine for me when I was working on the update, and nobody else has reported a similar problem.

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

dburgdorf

Fishing has been updated:

- OK, now, shellfish can actually be butchered.

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

SpaceDorf

Quote from: dburgdorf on January 09, 2018, 09:38:21 AM
Actually, the transformations on the "Farming" menu have been Growing jobs, utilizing and benefiting the Growing skill, since the b18 update. The transformations on the "Terraform" menu remain Construction jobs.

Thank you for clarifying .. maybe I should read the Manual from time to time  ???

At least this explains why farming jobs get done and my massive terraforming projects don't
.. like moving a river around .. ( I was halfway through and would have shown some screenshots, but somehow the savegame got corrupted  )
that are the few times I miss 3d and DF's Fluid Dynamics.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Canute

Hey Santa-wan Clausobi :-)
do you realy need to put zip archives into a zip archiv ?
From the compression side it is pointless.

And from the user side, it is 1-2 more step to install/copy.
Just the mod folders inside the main archiv should do it, what does other think ?

dburgdorf

Quote from: Canute on January 10, 2018, 12:27:36 PMdo you realy need to put zip archives into a zip archiv ?

I'm afraid you've lost me. When I get ready to upload something to Dropbox, I just copy the mod folder into an archive folder. There are no "zips inside zips."

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

Canute

I just download "b18.zip"
inside these archive i got 19 zip files, one for each mod.

dburgdorf

Quote from: Canute on January 10, 2018, 12:47:54 PMI just download "b18.zip"

I honestly have no idea what you're talking about. So far as I'm aware, there is no "b18.zip" file. Certainly, I've never made any such file. There's a link at the bottom of this thread's first post that links to my "b18" folder in Dropbox, but that is a link to a *folder*, not to a zip file.

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

Canute

Yeah i know why you are confused.
When i click at your "here" to get the link
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x551atd60cccjry/AAC-J9ZKWETJVuEzdL7KKrSla?dl=0
i just replace the "0" at the end for a "1" like i do for all dropbox link and can download the context without opening the dropbox page.
Thats why/how i got the b18.zip.

Ok, since you wanted that people get their wanted mod out of the dropbox folder, and not making an "all in one" archive, everything is fine (i think).

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: dburgdorf on January 10, 2018, 12:58:29 PM
Quote from: Canute on January 10, 2018, 12:47:54 PMI just download "b18.zip"

I honestly have no idea what you're talking about. So far as I'm aware, there is no "b18.zip" file. Certainly, I've never made any such file. There's a link at the bottom of this thread's first post that links to my "b18" folder in Dropbox, but that is a link to a *folder*, not to a zip file.

There isn't a master zip that has all of your mods in it?

dburgdorf

Quote from: Harry_Dicks on January 10, 2018, 01:25:30 PMThere isn't a master zip that has all of your mods in it?

No, I don't maintain a "master zip" in addition to all the individual mod zips. I just provide a link to the Dropbox folder in which all the mod zips can be found.

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

Vlad0mi3r

Quote from: Sarge on January 09, 2018, 01:10:17 PM
Stupid question: Where/How do I get clay?

The best way I have found to get the terraforming materials you need is as follows:

Whenever you go to build a floor over soil or rich soil terraform it to sand first. This will give you soil, crushed rock and sand. It will basically spam the resources you need for everything else.

Now that soil, crushed rock and sand don't degrade when unroofed just place a big dumping zone and drop everything there.

On a side note, dburgdorf whats the deal with the new stack sizes for sand and especially crushed rock? a stack size of 5 means a lot of space needed to dump/store it. How about we come up to say 50 per stack so my base doesn't look like Coober Pedy? Please.

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]
Mods I would recommend:
Mending, Fertile Fields, Smokeleaf Industries and the Giddy Up series.

The Mod you must have:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=40545.msg403503#msg403503