What's the weirdest phenomena you've encountered?

Started by Call me Arty, November 13, 2017, 03:39:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Call me Arty

My colonies have a weird habit of losing one specific body part more than any other. One colony, my best soldier got into a gunfight. Lost his nose. A manhunter pack attacked a couple of my builders and tore off a nose. One of my miners didn't get the memo that his leader didn't know about cave-ins, and a ton or so of granite rubble crushed him. . . in the nose, specifically.
My recent colony? Ears. Headshot? Ear. Manhunter? Ear. Knife fight? Ear. The noses? Completely fine. Untouched, nobody's been hit in the nose even once, not even any enemies, to my knowledge.

Do any of you guys have the same thing happening, or any other kind of weird happening?
Why are you focusing on having a personal life rather than updating a mod that you're not paid to work on?

If there's a mistake in my post, please message me so I can fix it!

kubolek01

Getting a pawn with 20 shooting and melee skill. Or... why roof collapse randomly, not just the furthest from support? I have many weirdos in my memory.
Eat lead, walking pile of silver! (greedy Player)
I...I can't do it. Leave it alive, please!(inner soul)
It lives 200 years to end up as a jacket?!(realists mind)
If I would go to vacation in off-Earth, even fictional place, I'd choose Nibel.

Nameless

Every colonist decides that no one shall have right thumbs else they will social fight it off your hand.

JimmyAgnt007

Call me Arty

Quote from: Nameless on November 14, 2017, 02:22:27 PM
Every colonist decides that no one shall have right thumbs else they will social fight it off your hand.
I've had a couple fingers lost too during social fights, pretty sure that colonists have Kit Kat bars for fingers, they snap off pretty easy.
Why are you focusing on having a personal life rather than updating a mod that you're not paid to work on?

If there's a mistake in my post, please message me so I can fix it!

Chestergazi

My colony's hunter's that have more than 200 kills he's ribs just got shattered.He is acting like nothing happened.

So do i.

grrizo

Everyone's gettin' eaten by linxes. No bears, lions or cougars. Linxes.
Lavish meal, now with extra Yorkshire terrier meat.

Kirby23590

In my last play through where i had a second win with escaping the rimworld with one colonist only in A17.

It has to be something with the weird animal wildlife AI going to my colony.

I built the colony in the middle and mostly walled the four sides off with south being the only exit and entrance.

I found it weird that i'm getting deers, wild boars, hares even sometimes boomalopes. using the entrance from the south to enter and then entering my farm and even resting inside my colony!

I don't even complain about it, since i have three turrets guarding but i usually manually tell the turrets to attack the animals, since they are in my farm.  And yes i was exploiting that bug or the weird wildlife AI as a means of free food.

I think it's a weird AI bug or something? I guess it was the 300x300 map fault? i don't know ???

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.

Slimy_Slider

If there is a shortage of food on the map, animals will go and eat from your farms. What biome were you in?

Kirby23590

Quote from: Slimy_Slider on November 15, 2017, 09:49:33 PM
If there is a shortage of food on the map, animals will go and eat from your farms. What biome were you in?
Temperate forest. The usual biome.

The funny thing is that is. There was is still alot of vegetation and grass outside my colony walls. I guess they found my farm to have more nutrients than the plain old grass. since i have flooded my freezer with corn and rice and resorted to sell alot of rice and vegetables to traders or turn them into chemfuel...

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.

Nameless

It appears that animal AI will ignore the fact that there is a wall in between the destination it wants the animal to go to. Lets say if an animal is directly outside of your wall and the AI decides that it shall move to the spot 1 tile left of the wall then the animal will go allllllll the way a huge detour just to get to that spot, provided there is a legit path to reach that spot, no matter the distance.