Fear Tech 2

Started by jaredis1, May 26, 2014, 03:06:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jaredis1

This is a mod CrimsonKnight3 and I are working on!
This is were we will post updates, and ask for help if needed.

Crimsonknight3

Yes and I have a question already to help us both, certainly it is possible to turn a spike into a "head on a spike" using the bed functionality, but it it possible to have a colonist take a dead body to a built spike and then have the head appear? Would I need to make 2 png's, one for the empty pike and one for occupied, or is there a way to make the game place the raider head on top of the spike? We are testing with the sleep mechanic but this will only work for living entities...

mrofa

You will need a .dll for that.
Spike acts as a partial storage, take the body from colonist, destroy it and sets a falg, when flag is set then spike changes texture to head with spike.
You could also add a ticker so if you would want to kinda body decompose.
All i do is clutter all around.

Crimsonknight3

Yes to the decompose idea! Those colonists gunna have to keep their pikes stocked ;) jaredis is doing the coding so take note jare :) I am doing draft textures atm so ideas welcome I can do the 2 pngs for the spikes. your sure there is no way possible to use the pawn heads rather than a pre-textured head?

So far I've done drafts for the head on a spike (both with and without heads) guillotine, hanging giblet cage, chains on a wall.

Hopefully getting a graphics tab next week so will make my life easier :)

mrofa

Well you can try to take bed drawing method, take body id and try to get its head, but you also would need to consider body placment(rotation of body itself). Im not much of a cooder soo thers might be some easier way :D
You could also just make few heads textures and add a randome texture switcher.

Oh and dont forget Iron maiden, nothing like a good classic :D
All i do is clutter all around.

jaredis1

Quote from: Crimsonknight3 on May 27, 2014, 07:30:13 PM
Yes to the decompose idea! Those colonists gunna have to keep their pikes stocked ;) jaredis is doing the coding so take note jare :) I am doing draft textures atm so ideas welcome I can do the 2 pngs for the spikes. your sure there is no way possible to use the pawn heads rather than a pre-textured head?

So far I've done drafts for the head on a spike (both with and without heads) guillotine, hanging giblet cage, chains on a wall.

Hopefully getting a graphics tab next week so will make my life easier :)

I did take note, iv been thinking about your idea, to use the table to cut off there heads then put the head on the spike... just thinking about it

Crimsonknight3

Quote from: mrofa on May 27, 2014, 08:23:21 PM
Well you can try to take bed drawing method, take body id and try to get its head, but you also would need to consider body placment(rotation of body itself). Im not much of a cooder soo thers might be some easier way :D

I'll give the iron maiden a go tonight... The guilotine is for looks but I could make the Iron maiden useable by using the giblet cage code, try and show their eyes through the small hole :p

jaredis1

Quote from: Crimsonknight3 on May 28, 2014, 09:43:10 AM

I'll give the iron maiden a go tonight... The guilotine is for looks but I could make the Iron maiden useable by using the giblet cage code, try and show their eyes through the small hole :p
Oh you updated code?

Crimsonknight3

Quote from: jaredis1 on May 28, 2014, 09:42:21 PM
Quote from: Crimsonknight3 on May 28, 2014, 09:43:10 AM

Oh you updated code?

I didn't get anything done last night, daughter was being a pain >.<

jaredis1

i did some looking up, the code we need is not out yet, but i heard it will be out with A4...

Crimsonknight3

Quote from: jaredis1 on May 30, 2014, 09:05:01 AM
i did some looking up, the code we need is not out yet, but i heard it will be out with A4...

Okay well for now let's just get the base decorativness working, with fear + custom thoughts and we can add more functionality for A4... Haven't been anywhere near my laptop for almost 3 days. Such a mad life with one baby being a pain the other almost due with lots of decorating I have to do all by myself >.<

jaredis1

Quote from: Crimsonknight3 on May 31, 2014, 06:49:56 AM
Quote from: jaredis1 on May 30, 2014, 09:05:01 AM

Okay well for now let's just get the base decorativness working, with fear + custom thoughts and we can add more functionality for A4... Haven't been anywhere near my laptop for almost 3 days. Such a mad life with one baby being a pain the other almost due with lots of decorating I have to do all by myself >.<

Take your time on all this, dont feel like you have to do this 24/7, remember this is just a game we all play for fun, not real life.

minami26

dont get worked up too much crimsonknight3. take a chill pill! everything will work out! plus, its not like rimworld is going anywhere! haha. :)

jaredis1

Quote from: minami26 on June 01, 2014, 06:50:01 AM
dont get worked up too much crimsonknight3. take a chill pill! everything will work out! plus, its not like rimworld is going anywhere! haha. :)

lol i know right! Ps i like your mod =)

Crimsonknight3

Quote from: minami26 on June 01, 2014, 06:50:01 AM

I know, but I get stressed anyway as the time I spend modding/playing is the only time I get to relax and having our daughter ill means I get no time to relax >.< Anyway I am posting to say I won't be around for anywhere up to a week. Our router just stopped working last night and after calling our isp, they kept insisting it's a network fault even though I am 100000000% sure it's the router... Even if our router wasn't connected to the phone line at all it would still show up on my laptop when switched on and it doesn't and on top of that it was leaking an oily substance but alas he still wouldn't send us a new one so i have to wait until an engineer has been to our house tomorrow to check the line before he will arrange a replacement -_- <-- Just our luck, but it gives me time away from the internet to practise my Driving Theory test haha going to take it in a few weeks! :)