[1.3] Vegetable Garden Project [10/23/2022]

Started by dismar, November 18, 2017, 12:49:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dismar

So I will be out of town tomorrow, Just to let you know as of today all my mods will work on ver1.0

Ruisuki

so right now in b19 food benches(campfires too, butcher table from vanilla and vg stations) dont seem to respect forbidden items and end up using them anyway. Is this a bug from the main game that will be addressed in 1.0 today or a mod conflict?

dismar

10/18  1.0!
-All mods updated to 1.0
-Tree sow has been adjusted to core.
-All health effects are now green.
-All coding compiled with 1.0

Canning
-canning factory no longer accepts canned fruit
-Madman666 has created new art for the factory.

Tools
-Reclaim soil will now work on any non water tiles
-Reclaim Water and Marsh added and works on any shallow water tiles.

Gourmet
-Flour spelling corrected in language file.

More Veggies
-removed raw tomatoes and carrots "Ate raw food"

Garden
-Health drink spelling issue
-coffee and tea rebalanced. Blackout happens after 7-8 cups. Rest reduced.
(you no longer get more rest in a day before blacking out)

vandal

dismar

Quote from: vandal on October 19, 2018, 01:07:22 AM
can b19 benefit from those updates?

yes and no.

the updates were wrote in B19.

But the version number has moved in the mods to 1.0 so you'll get an error there.

And the Three mods Canning, Drinks, and Tools have been compiled with the new version so you'd have to use the old .dll from B19.

Epson

Quote from: dismar on October 15, 2018, 11:11:23 PM
Quote from: Epson on October 15, 2018, 10:50:21 PM
So I've noticed you can't actually place dirt on smooth floors anymore. Ran into a bit of a problem because you can't 'unsmooth' floors. My workaround was to try and change the VG_PlaceSoil entry in Terrain_TilledSoil.xml to:

<terrainAffordanceNeeded>SmoothHard</terrainAffordanceNeeded>

As it was in the old version. However I run into all sorts of errors. My workaround is:

<terrainAffordanceNeeded>Heavy</terrainAffordanceNeeded>

But that lets me place soil on top of soil so it isn't great either. How would I allow the soil being placed on smooth stone and floor tiles again?

I have spent days trying to find a work around. As you see ALL my descriptions have change to Rough stone. As of right now I have no solution. If you made smooth you can only replace it with the Dev mode tool.

I'm glad I wasn't the only one baffled by it. I kept trying to tweak stuff to make it work but I couldn't come up with anything either.

Ruisuki

Quote from: dismar on October 19, 2018, 09:03:29 PM
Quote from: vandal on October 19, 2018, 01:07:22 AM
can b19 benefit from those updates?

yes and no.

the updates were wrote in B19.

But the version number has moved in the mods to 1.0 so you'll get an error there.

And the Three mods Canning, Drinks, and Tools have been compiled with the new version so you'd have to use the old .dll from B19.
Ah of the three i only use canning but i think i should finish up this game before going to 1.0 then.

I have a question about the drink mod though. Are the alcoholic drinks named after users on the forum, like barky's brown ale for example?  If so, do they show up with those names in game. Also about the coffeeteadrugs submod, can I use that without the alcohol/soda drinks activated?

dismar

All of the drinks are named after someone who promoted and supported the early versions of the mod. But in game the names are only in the descriptions. So rum is Rum etc..

The drug policy is a large patch file that looks for whats instlled and adds it to the drug policies.

So if you are only using VG it finds and adds coffee,tea, and fruit drinks.

But if you load drinks it adds soda. etc

Ruisuki

Epson

Noticed a bit of an oversight in the pricing of one of the goods. The $ value of the alcohol precursors seems to be $10 a unit for all of them. With most alcohol:

25 Corn ($25) > 5 Corn Wort ($50) > 5 Whisky ($95)

At each stage, value is added because 25 raw crops is turned into 5 precursors into 5 product. With vodka the ratios are different because the alcohol precursor comes OUT of the barrel.

25 potatoes ($25) > 25 undistilled vodka ($250) > 5 vokda ($75)

So you actually lose a whole bunch of value because undistilled vokda priced too high.

dismar

Ah yes you have caught on!

I repriced everything to make profit by making goods.

Thanks for the oversight. I'll adjust for it.

reteo

One thing I noticed: Most of the regular trees in the game have a +1 beauty modifier.  However, the fruit trees seem to have a -1 beauty modifier.  Is it possible to change the fruit trees so they have the same beauty modifier as the others?  I like to make paths lined with trees to improve the beauty value outdoors, but it would be even better if I could line paths with fruit trees to improve beauty and provide an ingredient source at the same time.

viperwasp

Quote from: reteo on October 23, 2018, 09:15:27 AM
One thing I noticed: Most of the regular trees in the game have a +1 beauty modifier.  However, the fruit trees seem to have a -1 beauty modifier.  Is it possible to change the fruit trees so they have the same beauty modifier as the others?  I like to make paths lined with trees to improve the beauty value outdoors, but it would be even better if I could line paths with fruit trees to improve beauty and provide an ingredient source at the same time.

Well I give up. In the past I have modified many mods in small ways for myself. So I thought it would be easy for me to lookup what you need to change. And then just tell you how to do it easily. Because modding a single value in an existing mod is often as easy as opening it in text.doc and making the change. But in this case I can't seem to find the value needed. lol I did a search for <Beauty>-1</Beauty> and just Beauty and I also searched for Fruit Tree. I found plenty of files in the package but none seemed to be what I we were looking for. Which means somehow it's less obvious or somehow this mod did not even add a Beauty and it's pulling from core or something like that. Some default value and that default value was what they wanted anyhow so they did not bother to put it in there code. IF that is true than someone like me can't change this. I personally don't want to change it. I was just trying to help. Good luck. lol
•  Lian Li Lancool II MESH RGB
•  Intel Core i7-12700K Alder Lake 12-Core
•  64 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3600Mhz
•  WD Black SN850 2TB GEN4
•  2x WD Black 8TB
•  Windows 10 OS
•  RTX 4080 GIGABYTE Gaming OC 16GB
•  Dark Rock Pro 4 (CPU Cooler)
•  TUF Gaming Z690-Plus- WIFI D4

dismar

Quote from: reteo on October 23, 2018, 09:15:27 AM

Sure next update (this weekend or sooner) i'll fix this!

cura123

I love this mod so much it not only brings some immersive diversity of the foods' ingredients but it also makes my colonies' garden pop. Thank you so much.

I have a question regarding the new update though. What happened to the gorgeous rose retexture? Can you bring it back with the other textures for the rest base game flowers?