[1.0] A RimWorld of Magic

Started by Torann, November 24, 2017, 11:17:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

henk

Had a trade ship that sold seeds of regrowth... Since they're so cheap, they had over a hundred of them, so I bought 50. Then I learned they don't stack.

I guess they're meant to be non-tradable? Oh well, at least I'll be ready if I ever get a druid...

Torann

They have no value, I just need to figure out a way to make them so they can't be traded.  I don't want an item that's summoned to be traded and I didn't want to require a trade to do limb regrowth (otherwise why not just go bionic) so this is what I settled with.  But if someone knows how to make an item so it'll never show up in a trade menu, would love to know how.  none of the values I messed with seem to make any difference.

henk

Stone chunks in Core have the line

<tradeability>Never</tradeability>

Toketsu

About the teleport problem, i don't know how much time in-game passed, probably around 10-20 days since i cast the spell and it didn't work, but just now i received the message that it collapsed, and two messages that i had an invalid location.

henk

Arcane bandits event reward :

Arcane Script: Water
Ambrosia bush
Ambrosia bush

I don't know how they intend to give me ambrosia bush, but I'm tempted to try this now...

Update : Two ambrosia sprouts at 5% growth have spawned where the pods dropped near my trade beacon. One of them is over stone, giving it only 4% less growth rate than the one on gravel.

Toketsu

Quote from: henk on December 27, 2017, 09:34:24 PM
Arcane bandits event reward :

Arcane Script: Water
Ambrosia bush
Ambrosia bush

I don't know how they intend to give me ambrosia bush, but I'm tempted to try this now...

Torann

Quote from: henk on December 27, 2017, 08:02:39 PM
Stone chunks in Core have the line

<tradeability>Never</tradeability>

nice, ill give that a shot, thanks.

billyma6

Hey Torann, I'm loving playing your mod, but when I load up my endgame save, it shows this error every 10 seconds or so.

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

Canute

Little bug i notice (1.5)
Every time i load the safegame, i got more minions and elements then before.
I got serveral erros on start too, i think based on the druid class.

https://gist.github.com/b3d103e0df8742fb4ae1c4b170083de6

Jan2607

I noticed there are some spell scrolls that are not tied to one class. But in the description of the scrolls it states "It teaches an arcane user how...". That is a bit confusing, because I think only my arcane mage can use it. Can you give an overview, what spells can be learned by all mages?

Torann

Quote from: Jan2607 on December 29, 2017, 04:51:11 PM
I noticed there are some spell scrolls that are not tied to one class. But in the description of the scrolls it states "It teaches an arcane user how...". That is a bit confusing, because I think only my arcane mage can use it. Can you give an overview, what spells can be learned by all mages?

Good point, I'll look at rewording "arcane user" to "mage" so that it's more general as the Arcanist aka Warlock is a user of "arcane magic," and then rewording the class only skills to match the trait name exactly.
That being said, it will usually say "fire mage" or "an ice mage" if it is class specific.

Torann

Just pushed out a new update:
B18 v1.5.2
Bug fix - mages can no longer attempt to summon themselves.
Bug fix - mages travelling in caravans would generate an exception error every several seconds, this should no longer occur.
Cure Disease (druid) - no longer categorized as "violent"

All spells that occured over a period of time now retain the spell properties through a game load, this includes the following spells: Eye of the Storm, Summon Pylon, Summon Minion, Summon Explosive, Summon Elemental, Teleport, Regeneration, Poison, Lightning Storm, Lightning Cloud, Firestorm and Blizzard.
This should resolve a lot of the problems people were having with summoned creatures as well since the expected behavior (to disappear when downed or after a set time) was not carrying through a load.

Summonable buildings (such as summon pylon or heater) are no longer buildable through normal means.
Summonable items and buildings should no longer appear in any trade menu.
Seed of Life will now deteriorate (quickly) if un-roofed and will require refrigeration.

Arcane Camp event has had the reward ambrosia plant replaced with ambrosia fruit.
Pawns can now be healed while wearing a shield belt (or shield belt "like" item)

New master spell - Eye of the Storm: lightning mage (storm born) only, releases a ball of electrical energy to fly along a set path, striking objects and creatures at random.
Note: Eye of the Storm is master spell and can be improved with skills, however, since the data fields were added in this patch, old lightning mages (mages with the storm born trait prior to this patch) will not show the ability/skills in the magic tab - you will need to use the "reset powers" button in the magic tab (visible only in god mode) to make the level up options visible.  And yes, it will clear all points invested into skills/powers but the ability points will be refunded so you can re-invest.  Xp and mage level should remain unchanged.

Torann

Quote from: billyma6 on December 28, 2017, 04:55:33 PM
Hey Torann, I'm loving playing your mod, but when I load up my endgame save, it shows this error every 10 seconds or so.
Should be fixed in the latest update.

Every time i load the safegame, i got more minions and elements then before.
Should be fixed for all new summons ,though I didn't do any tests with old summons existing from a saved game.

Jan2607

Quote from: Torann on December 29, 2017, 06:52:23 PM

Should be fixed for all new summons ,though I didn't do any tests with old summons existing from a saved game.

Old summons in save games seem not to be affected by the bug fix.
Thank you for your work :)

RyanRim

Can you make it possible in the future, to edit the amount of gifted pawns in the world, by using mod settings. I'd like to play around with it, since I had this mod for 2 and half weeks now, no gifted pawns, although I did get one physically adept.

✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯